• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Soccer Blog

#1 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:38 AM

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys could take a look at my new football blog http://jogabonito09.wordpress.com/ . If you like what you see please become a follower and check back once or twice every week as I will update it frequently. Also if you can click the adds everyonce and a while so that I can get some revenue to improve the place that would be amazing.

Cheers and please let me know what you think!

This post has been edited by Shadowthrone: 02 February 2009 - 03:06 AM

I have returned anew, wistfully my course holds true.
King of High House Shadow; Leader of the Cult of Handsome; Opponent to Repwhores and spammers.
Check out my football blog www.jogabonitomundo.com

#2 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:48 AM

Sorry man. I don't mean to sound harsh, which this might come across as, but you're just re-hashing opinions that are being spouted by countless professional sports journalists the world over. Try and get your own thoughts in there, and it might be a good idea :(
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#3 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:06 AM

No that is what I am looking for so thanks brood! Honestly those are all 100% my opinions. So are you staying stay away from reporting headlines and just post opinions on games, players, stories etc?

Aren't the Hughes and Ronaldo articles more about what you are talking about? Any tips on how to improve are welcome and if you are interested in being an author with me I would welcome some different opinions and views.

If I can get into the swing of things to make an entertaining blog I have HUGE networks of people that will be invited to at least visit the site so this stuff will be read to please help out if you want! Again anything you have to say will help so please reply

This post has been edited by Shadowthrone: 20 December 2008 - 06:12 AM

King of High House Shadow; Leader of the Cult of Handsome; Opponent to Repwhores and spammers.

#4 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:49 PM

That latest one is better :(

What I'm saying is, Ronaldo has been done to death. When he walked off the pitch the other week, you could hardly move on a sports site without a link to a blog talking and talking and talking about it. People don't care anymore, his reputation is so firmly established. Hughes is similar. A quick glance at the table shows that if Sunderland don't lose today, the Mancs will drop into the relegation zone. There is clearly something very wrong about that picture, but no one needs someone to tell them that! Try going into why they've been so bad away from home, for example - how he sets out the team to take the game to people, or not, as the case may be. It'll lead to a far more convincing argument :D

Headlines are useful, but they're the bread and butter of a sports blog. Analysis is what people base their opinions on.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#5 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:46 AM

Thanks Brood, I thought it was pretty good too :(

Thanks for your thoughts, I'll definitely take those into account. Overall do you think it is a idea that could end up going some where or is it a dead end (be brutally honest)? I honestly think I can update it every second or third day so the news will be relevant and if I can get a few more people to add their ideas and even contribute to the articles that would be awesome. I am trying to figure out ideas to have other things to draw readers like Pat does on his Blog with contests and interviews(mind you they are two very different blogs).

Brood check ur pms when you get the chance.

Also if you guys can check my latest post (about Beckham) I just want to make sure that it is more the way it should be or whether I am off track again :D

Cheers

This post has been edited by Shadowthrone: 21 December 2008 - 04:29 AM

#6 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:44 PM

I made my blogging debut. It wasn't very well thought out, just written straight down, so probably a bit shite, but we all have to start somewhere...

#7 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

Twas good man! Better than my first post haha.

#8 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

Which one of you is which? I'm guessing Caleb is Shadowthrone and Itkovian is Brood?

Anyway, that's pretty good, and might finally get me to do some football blogging of my own, which I've been planning to do for ages.

I'll probably post a comment on the players to look out for at some point, because predicting who's going to do well next is something I like doing.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#9 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

Well man, if you are interested you could write for our blog too!?! Its an idea at least. And you are right, I am Caleb and Brood is Itko

#10 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:03 AM

Hey all,

Just a few things:

- If anyone is interested in writing for the blog we would be happy to have you. If you have interesting opinions or are an entertaining writer with extensive football (soccer) knowledge you would be welcome.

- Also if there are any features you think the site is missing or things you would like to see added please let me know.

Cheers

#11 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:07 AM

Sorry guys, this isn't spam or bumping as the URL has changed so please check out the new site. www.jogabonito09.wordpress.com Please comment on anything posted, comments are how blogs become big.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users