• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing Pages in the B&KB Collected Stories

#1 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

Well, just my luck... :p

Got my "Bauchelain and Korbal Broach Collected Stories Vol. 1" (PS Publishing, Hardcover, March 2008) two weeks ago and now I noticed that pages 215-230 are missing... including the beginning of Bauchelain's legendary speech about how the desire for goodness leads to the end of civilisation...

I should probably send the book back and demand a new copy, but it seems to be out of stock on Amazon. Meh... :The Force:
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#2 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• Drinking Queen of the Abyssmal Army!!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

That is pretty crappy! I would send it back asap even if it is out of stock. I think Omras had this problem with his copy of ROTCG ordered off of Amazon. It's not your fault the product was faulty. I noticed they have one available on Amazon.ca. I wonder if they could get that copy sent to you if you contacted them?
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only F ing yourself...
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Martin Luther King, Jr-

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

Muffins are just ugly cupcakes!
-Zanth13-

#3 User is offline   Dag 

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, I will contact them tomorrow morning to see what can be done... I hope they can get the book from somewhere else. Thanks for the tip. :The Force:
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#4 User is offline   Dag 

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

Well, I wrote to them and they kindly wrote back - the book is "temporarily out of stock" and they have no idea when I might get it. And I'm not interested in a refund - I wanted that BOOK! :( Ah, well, I guess nothing can be done there...

This post has been edited by Dag: 12 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

#5 User is offline   murphy72 

• Captain

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

What about going direct to the publisher? Bypass Amazon entirely.

#6 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• Drinking Queen of the Abyssmal Army!!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

Sorry to hear your initial email did not get the results you were hoping for. Did you ask in the email whether it would be possible to get a copy from one of the amazon affiliates? I would send a response that was maybe a little more forceful (but not rude). Sometimes with these companies the inital response it that there is nothing they can do for you. The fact remains though that they sold you a defective product. If you push a little you may get a result. The other option would be to go for the refund and repurchase the book off of one of the other sites that you know has the set available. I would think that might be preferable to being stuck with this set or waiting until who knows when for them to finally have it in stock.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only F ing yourself...
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Martin Luther King, Jr-

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

Muffins are just ugly cupcakes!
-Zanth13-

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users