Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Warhammer online.

#1 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

I'm thinking about giving this game a try. I loved playing Warcraft, but wanted to give another game a run, see if they can be as good.

Anyone played it? I'd like to hear a review.

Also, the cinimatic trailer for the game is unreal! If they ever make a Malazan film, they should do it like this.
Get to the chopper!

#2 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:01 PM

I play(ed) War.
The game is different. Far more action orientated, there's none of the 'sit down after 3 mobs to eat' to levelling. It's a pvp game, and every class has its appeals. The looks rock. My first few weeks were amazing, and I really needed the change from WoW and appreciated nearly everything and thought it was WoW, Improved Edition. More, it's very clear you're in a war against the side.

There are a few letdowns. Servercapacity is low and balance between the two sides is numerically bad. That means that Chaos can just swamp order in open pvp, and the keepfights are amazing, so they often will. Due to the low number of order players, you can't enter a BG you want when you want it if you are chaos, and with 3-6 bgs available to you per 10 levels, you want to play every single one, and most are great... you're just not always able to.
Lastly, from 30 up, crowd control goes through the roof and pvp becomes less fun due to it, that was the reason for me to quit.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#3 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

Hey, tapper, thanks for replying.

Is there any solo stuff you can get involed in, like you could on WoW?
Get to the chopper!

#4 User is offline   Darts 

• dadadadaaaaa

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

I have played for about a week now and I think it's fun. The game is all about PvP (or realm vs realm) and you can lvl by killing other players.. If you like doing BGs in WoW youll probably like it, I did my first at lvl 3 (they are called scenarios in war tho) and found that i could compete at a decent level.
As far as soloing goes it seems to go well when doing quests, altho Im only lvl 12 so far. There are also Public Quests which is supposed to be the fastest way to lvling and to complete those you really need a group, or at least a couple of players helping... I also found lvling alot slower than WoW or AoC.
If you decide to try it out just remember that it is NOT WoW and that it has only been around for a few months(I played WoW from beta til a few months after BC and I think this game is better polished than WoW when it came out).

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

Good lord, has anyone seen the new cinematic for the game?

http://www.declareyourallegiance.com/

#6 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

I cant access it.

Is that the one with the battle in front of a fortress? If that's what you're talking about I've seen it. The OP said they should make a Malazan film that way. I couldn't agree more.

This post has been edited by The Tyrant Lizard: 04 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

I want to die the way my dad died, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

It's a battle where the chaos forces break through a city wall and fighting takes place between various "heroes and baddies". There's a very, very awesome chaos soldier, a hot warlock and a badass demon lord.

#8 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

Yeah thats the fucker. I'd pay good money to watch a feature length film like that. As long as the Dark Elf gets nekid
I want to die the way my dad died, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#9 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

I got this game now, and my first thoughts are that it is a good game.
However, I get major lag on it, so bad that it makes the game almost unplayable.
I wonder if anyone else playing it gets the lag and if so, is there anything I can do about it.
Get to the chopper!

#10 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

trailer looks awesome, but I dont really enjoy mmorpg so I eagerly await the next game in the mark of chaos stamp, hoping against hope that they use shadow of the horned rats epic old gameplay and missions in the pretty moc engine. never happen :(

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

View PostBattalion, on Dec 10 2008, 01:05 PM, said:

I got this game now, and my first thoughts are that it is a good game.
However, I get major lag on it, so bad that it makes the game almost unplayable.
I wonder if anyone else playing it gets the lag and if so, is there anything I can do about it.

Hmm, I always had lag in WoW, didn't bother me that much... except for some times where the lag would get so bad I would litterally be ten minutes behind everyone else. Boy, that was popular when playing instances.

What speed is your internet connection? How busy is the server you're playing on? Is you computer living up the recommended requirements of the game?

#12 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

So I watched the trailer that was linked earlier... and it is incredible. I would buy the game based just off that, which is what they were going for I'd bet.

Most MMOs have lag, its part of the whole massive multiplayer thing heh. However when I play any MMO the lag usually isn't too terrible. Could it just be the game?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users