• You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers for 35 - Ghostbusters spoiler spoiler

#21 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

Gemshan

Rashan responding...

You are Louis, a goodie. There's been some funny goings on in your building recently, though to be honest you've been more than a little preoccupied with your neighbour, Dana, who might go out with you if you ask her enough times...

Means I am a RI, right?

I am going to strangle Ment! Slowly!

- Gem/Rashan, because she said so...

I hope you enjoy the game smile.gif

Have I mentioned that I HATE being RI?! Well I DO! Hate it!

And ofcourse, nobody made a mistake about MY role...no no, that's just for everybody else!! rant.gif
Ahahahahah

Gavlanah

Silanah is Venkman. D'riss is Winston. You are goodies, and you are Ghostbusters, and may talk to each other via PM during night. You are vigs, and once per game, you can choose to attack one player at night. You get one between you, not one each.

Additionally, at any time during the game, you may send one message to the other Ghostbusters, provided your secretary Janine is still alive. To do so, send your message to the mods. It must be 20 words or less and must not reveal your alts.

Sweet deal! Who doesn't love Venkman? No one.

Hmm only one message to the other Ghostbusters eh? If we say to them, 'We're Vigging Shadow tonight, we think he is scum'. Are they allowed to reply 'No don't Vig him' if one of them is Shadow? Just curious how far not revealing your alts can go...

For your code breaking purposes I am going to be coding D'riss name in me first or second post. Lets see if you can break it decoder boy.

My reply

We will not let anything through that will allow for any possible reveal. :p

Kurashan

You are Gozer.

PM received.

Quick mechanics question: When will my partners be fully paranormal? I'm guessing after Night 1, but I was wondering if there was a trigger, or if I'm even allowed to know. In fact ... will I be notified?

Question 2: Do the two already know they're my partners? Or are they still Innos until they get possessed?

my reply

Q1. ahahahah

Q2. Like I am going to tell you.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#22 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:34 AM

were those lynch BPs, too?

Venge, your love of over-powered third parties is well-documented, :p
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#23 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:37 AM

Might have been I don't recall :p
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#24 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:46 AM

lol
okkkkaaaay, i'm feeling majorly out of it--dunno why
kept falling asleep in the library too

I think i need to crash now, even though it's not even 11.
tomorrow, I've gotta study for my night exam, write it, then POSSIBLY pull an all nighter studying for a THUR morning exam... I hate my life.

i'm out, should be back to active modding round 9-10 AM tomorrow.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#25 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:13 AM

Good cause we have a man out at work and so I won't be on more then 3 or 4 times during the day.

Vengeance

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 December 2008 - 05:14 AM

#26 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:46 AM

Guys, apologies for any cock-ups. It was late and my brain wasn't working :p

I haven't read any of the threads yet, so haven't seen the damage. Am I right in thinking that someone has mistakenly taken the assumption that Gem is a certain alt because of the word "her"? That sounds like not too much of a problem.

Fuck.

If anything needs doing about this, you can state that the characters in this game are not all men.

edit - just clarify for me, someone, have any roles been switched or anything as a result of this? So I don't mess up even further :p

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 December 2008 - 07:03 AM

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:51 AM

Ok, some clarification... which you should not feel the need to pass on to players :p

1. If Peck does a find, he gets back "Guilty" or "Not guilty", and only ghostbusters come back Guilty.

2. If Ray and Spengler do a find, they get back "Paranormal" or "Human"

3. Dana and Louis come back human until they become Zuul and Vinz.

4. What do you guys think about letting Gozer know once Zuul and Vinz have appeared? Maybe see how the game is going at that point :p

PS - Venge wanted Gozer to have 3 BPs. Crazy bastard.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 December 2008 - 07:01 AM

#28 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:13 AM

Sir Ruse. He's having problems with sending PMs from his alt account.

Hi PS,

(I'm going to have to send you PMs from here because for some strange reason when I try and send them from a mafia alt it doesn't work. No idea why, it was happening last game as well. Hope that's ok.)

I don't seem to have a role PM. Does that mean I'm RI, or that you've made a mistake?

Sir Thursday/Ruse

Me? Make a mistake? Surely not!

You are Joe Schmoe. You are a goodie. You have no role. Good luck!

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm going to try and confound alt guessers by posting as soon as the game starts before heading off to bed. That should put a spanner in the works biggrin.gif.

Sir Thursday/Ruse

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 December 2008 - 07:13 AM

#29 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:07 AM

Hey Hey, I'm in :p Setup looks good. Gonna climb in PS now. No questions really, I think Ment asked everything I would have.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#30 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:19 AM

Big Bad has a pretty good feel for the game :p

Kurtchan said:

===Everything past this point is for spoiler thread entry===

First, I'd like to say how wonderful it is that I'm finally the lead Killer. Just ... brings a tear to my eye.

Now, my speculation, for posterity:

17 players, which I break down as: 3 Killers (me and my crew, who are not yet active) and maybe 1 Symp (a Gozer follower, let's say); 4 Ghostbusters as the main Roled Innos and 2 other Roled Innos (whoever's playing Janine and at least one other, at a guess); the EPA as a faction with 2 people to start and at leat a slight possibility of either recruitment or having help from a police faction; and everyone else townies.

Role Predictions:

Egon as Finder, since he handles the high-tech equipment.
Janine and someone as Lovers
Ray as Guard
Venkman as ... hmm, let's call him the Vigilante.
Winston, probably Healer.

And God I hope someone gets to be the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Because that would rule.

Anyways, my strategy: Well, pretty obviously kill someone at complete random the first Night. The odds are a fairly safe one-in-eight towards hitting my future (and, I'd like to say to that - WTF?) people, so I'll go for it if a good candidate doesn't emerge in Day 1. Hope that my cohorts know who I am, and act careful. And ffs, don't symp me. I'm going to jump on as 4th or 5th on the first reliable train, but if one starts on me, I'd rather ride it out or die than drag them down with me - after all, Gozer shall rise again in another player, even if I'll be out of the game.

Don't know what the trigger is to activate my Symps, but I hope it doesn't take too long. Anything more than two Nights will be absurd.

And, uh, well, that's it for now. Feels a bit weighted against me flying solo to start, but whatever.

====

DKtose said:

You are Joe Schmoe. You are a goodie. You have no role. Good luck!

Roleless...?

Suppose i should be glad, work is fucking insane!

Time to cause some havoc without worrying too much...muhhahahahaha

Korlat_slr said:

You are Janine, a goodie. You are the Ghostbusters' secretary.

So RI then?

Oh goody! now its time to try and get NK'd tongue.gif

Whoops, let's hope he doesnt. I take it Janine doesnt know that she needs to stay alive for the message thing and we shouldnt hint as such

Tapperlahn said:

You are Peck, a goodie. You work for the US Environmental Protection Agency, and have been sent to investigate some strange goings on in New York.

Each night, you may choose to investigate one player and determine whether that player is to blame for the disturbances.

Nice, Finder (without a partner, now that's sad). Second time I play one, funnily, then also without a partner. Last time, I got NKed night 2, so hopefully I do better this time.

Lemme see: JA = scum, DiBs = scum, and if Grief reveals day 1, he's not scum, so no need to investigate those guys wink.gif

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 December 2008 - 08:20 AM

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:40 AM

Tapper may be onto something :p Told him to fill in 27-A...

Tapperlahn said:

You are Peck, a goodie. You work for the US Environmental Protection Agency, and have been sent to investigate some strange goings on in New York.

Each night, you may choose to investigate one player and determine whether that player is to blame for the disturbances.

Nice, Finder (without a partner, now that's sad). Second time I play one, funnily, then also without a partner. Last time, I got NKed night 2, so hopefully I do better this time.

Lemme see: JA = scum, DiBs = scum, and if Grief reveals day 1, he's not scum, so no need to investigate those guys wink.gif

That's some sound government type thinking right there wink.gif

Yeah, I pride myself on my quick adaptation to the bureaucratic papermill. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em biggrin.gif

And now, after reading wiki, I'm not sure if Emurlahn a.k.a. mr Peck isn't an insane finder, seeing how he wanted to shut the 'busters down. I'm sure you're perfectly willing to alleviate my fears, right? Right? Pretty please?

#32 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:37 AM

MocksinBars said:

You are Slimer, a ghost. You like a bit of mischief, and in truth you're quite a pain in the arse, but that never seems to bother you. Each night, you may choose to guard one player. If the guard action goes through, that player's night action (if they have one) will be nullified.

If you guard a goodie, then starting the next morning, you will be a baddie, and will win if the baddies win. If you guard a baddie, then starting the next morning, you will be a goodie, and will win if the goodies win.

You start as neither goodie nor baddie. Choose wisely.

another guard smile.gif not even good nor bad smile.gif hahahaha

Yellow - you may wanna look into this...

DiBs said:

dude,

last game i modded jslr told me spoiler heaven was sending out notifications for you and so i signed up to check and created some stuff to see what wwoukld happen if i posted soem stuff and nothing happened. so i forgot about it.

well fuck adoodle do my bloody email popped up and theres your first fucking spoiler heaven post sad.gif i saw the start of it with passwords and immeadiately closed it, but didnt see the role shit.

up to you, but personally i would modkill me and ask morgo or silencer to look into that as it could easily have went to anyone.

And my reply:

Shit - this is alt here. Passed the message along, hopeful someone will sort it out. Dunno bout the modkill thing. I think for now just dont post, hopefully yellow will come along soon and sort things out. If you feel very strongly I think we will have to find you a replacement.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

#33 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

korlat_slr said:

It would appear that this going to be a slow game, at least until Grief or Lish show up tongue.gif

Assuming of course they are actually playing....

#34 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

Korlat_slr said:

Damn Kess! Know I need to know if he got me right or not! Though if he did, why does he need to watch me? I am not a strong player? Am I?

Can you tell me, please! tongue.gif
I must know!!! unworthy.gif

respect.gif

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

oki, Ment here
sleep took longer than expected.
no new PMs, I looked at the PS settings, but can't find why DiBsy would be getting PS PMs... odd

gonna take a look at the thread then go make sum food, then off to the library...

#36 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

Ok Vengeance here.

here is Mockra/dibs last message.

man i had a subscription set up for spoiler heaven cuse jslr said it emailed him by accident witht he first post of my rd game, so i set one up to check, ask bent he didnt he same i think when jslr brougth it to our attention.

i got an email sayign email from malazan empire and when i opened it it said ghostbusters spilers

alts and passwords

xxxx
x
xxx
x
x
x
xxx

and then the title

roles
xxxxx

i didnt see anything as i closed it, but its still not good. dont know if i should play, if there a replacmeent then just replace me, thoguh i am pissed.

My reply

This is Vengeance. I don't know if we have a replacement. We are talking about what to do. I don't know when yellow is going to get on though.

My thoughts are that ideally he should be removed from the game. However I don't know if we can find a replacement and I like slimer. I would say to tell him to play on. But that is just my vote.

Mental thoughts?

#37 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

Another thought is that we modkill Dibs and make one of the RI into slimer. We just have to send them a update.

Vengeance

I think that is what we should do. I don't have time. Mental can you do it. Just role the dice and pick any one of the RI's.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 03 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:28 PM

well, if he closed it, I say he unsubscribe an play on, fuck it, I trust DiBs, and I've got little time rite now
not to mention that one of our GBs will be MIA, for a while --JA's off to Italy for a dreamjob interview, and we don't even know when he'll be back.

#39 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

k, I PM-ed Mockra telling him to unsubscribe and go play

of to make food nao, gave them a vote count.

#40 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

Just got back from work. Should be around most of the night... off to check up on stuff.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

Share this topic:

• 35 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users