Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Left 4 Dead

#1 User is offline   detritus 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:18 AM

Left 4 Dead is the shit. I love this game. anyone with a 360 that wants to play it my gamertag is mandogg

#2 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:04 AM

I've tried it on the PC and it's intense. Not a huge fan of zombies myself, but I can see the appeal. And this is most definitely a game to play co-op in.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#3 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:11 AM

Honestly as far as zombie games go, this is the one we've been waiting for. It's different from the other zombie types like Dead Rising and Res. Evil because its just trying to survive against the massive horde. It is intense and awesome.

#4 User is offline   Darts 

• dadadadaaaaa

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

It's on my christmas wishlist! :thumbsup:

#5 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

Is it really worth it? I played the demo and it just seemed like it was lacking in substance...just team up, run and gun, complete level, cut-copy-paste.

Although I sure hope you all tell me I'm wrong and give me yet another reason to go spend $60....man I wish I had money.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#6 User is offline   detritus 

• Captain

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

View PostSparkimus, on Dec 2 2008, 02:36 PM, said:

Is it really worth it? I played the demo and it just seemed like it was lacking in substance...just team up, run and gun, complete level, cut-copy-paste.

Although I sure hope you all tell me I'm wrong and give me yet another reason to go spend $60....man I wish I had money.

well I wish I could tell you that the game is more than that, but its not. That however is the beauty of the game. It is the way in which you team up, run/gun, complete level that is so brilliant. It really is a first person shooter in its most basic, streamlined and entertaing form. Left 4 Dead is for shooters what Burnout is for Racing games. It takes the best elements and tweaks them in a way that gives you a game that has you doing the same thing again and again and agian. But, its never repetitive, and is always fun.
the game feels right all the time. The always changing and unpredictable zombies combined with human nature work together to give you an scenereos thats play out like a film nearly every time.

The last game I played was all but watching a horror film.

There are 4 to a group. In this case we had a player that couldnt help but be selfish. He was always stealing health/bombs/ and pills. He was always too worried about his kill #s to help any of us when we were in a fight and needing assistance. He was basicly your typical asshole of a horror film. It came to the final showdown of fending off a horde for 10 minutes, and as with the rest of the campain this guy couldnt work together and couldnt work as a team. So, he decides to try to be a bad ass picks up a gas can charges a pile of zombies accidently drops and shoots the can catching himself on fire. So hes burning up and cussing his ass off, when out comes a Tank (a BIG ass strong zombie) and it punches him off the top of the skyscraper we are all trying to survive on.

Seconds later the helecopter lands, the three of us remaining make a mad dash for the chopper. All back to back and guns blazing, then the chick of the group gets pounced by a hunter. The other guy decides hes going back for her. Im yelling no get to the helecopter or were fucked. one of us has to make it. He goes back. He gets swarmed. They both die and I barely make it to the helecopter to fly out of there clearing the stage for us.

And because of the way the game works great shit happens like that nearly everytime you play.

Its an amazing game that is simply just run/gun/complete level/cut copy paste.

#7 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:02 PM

Hey Sparky, if you were ever online we could just play gears and you wouldn't have to spend $60. But I think the few times we have both been online you play Fallout and I own noobs in gears.

But with L4D, if you get bored of a game quickly (replayibility or however its spelled), the game mechanics won't change greatly. Solo you might play through 2 or 3 times. While they have the DM type thing where your game changes everytime (which is very cool), it is kinda still the same. However, this game shines when you play with 4 friends. Not to mention you get awesome stories like mandog.

#8 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

I know I know, but Fallout is sooooooo good. I was thinking about that earlier actually and I think I'm gonna throw it in tonight when I get off work for a bit. I'll hit you up if you're on.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#9 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

While this isn't the right thread for this lol, I can't anytime (except Friday) play over the next week because of the amount of work I have. I have a 5 page paper (term paper) due Thursday, and a 10 page paper due next Tuesday. Along with that is a test tomorrow and then finals week lol. It sucks hardcore, but definitely expect to play with me from like the 13th on.

Left 4 Dead is great!! Talk about what you love in this great game! I, for one, like the writings on the walls. My favorite is one where somebody wrote "Its safer during the day" and the reply under it is "Those are vampires, moron." That kind of thing is great and really adds to the experience of 4 survivors not knowing what happened in the world other than it went to hell.

Stalker-sees what I did there, getting this thread on topic again.

#10 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:53 AM

Well, I'll probably be playing L4D tomorrow, and I need to check out how much I lag, because I've got a few people over at MC who want to play 4-way co-op with me. :(

Of course, they want me to play PC, but there is no way I'm spending that much on a game that is designed for co-op if I lag-out (which is terrible for your team-mates). :killingme:

So I'm renting on 360 tomorrow. :( (probably)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users