Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Appeances Sub-section for DPs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

Do you guys think it would be worthwhile to add a little bit at the bottom of each Dramatis Person's page listing what novels they appear in?

So for example, Ganoes Paran would have:

Appearances:

GotM (first appearance)
MoI
HoC (reference only)
BH

And no I haven't read RotCG, so if he's in that then that would be included too.

Anyways, do you think it would be a worthwhile inclusion?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

Depends how you did it. For example, some characters may have been talked about, or appear for like 1 page. Would they get the same level of reference as a properly main character? Just seems a waste of time if that's so.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#3 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:10 AM

I'm not sure that it's a great idea. It has potential but I worry about someone with knowledge of only GotM stepping into the dramatis personnae and having various details ruined for them. For example if someone appears in the CG and it's stated the reader will know that said character would not have died (except for Erikson this is not exactly true) upto the point of the CG. It does provide expectation of the books which may ruin/blemish the experience.

That's just my opinion, I do see the merit in such a system for the complete reader. What does everyone else think?

#4 User is offline   Bhurnae 

• Close to the hedge.........
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:all the usual stereotypical male ones

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

May lead to some people cherry picking books instead of reading them in sequence? seems a lot of effort for not much gain IMHO

View PostMezla PigDog, on 28 September 2009 - 09:34 PM, said:

I have been entertaining tourists for many years now.... A girls gotta make a living.

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:28 AM

Yeah, I suppose bad idea... I was initially conceiving it as some sort of way to potentially decrease spoilers, for example seeing that someone is in a bunch of books you haven't read, you'd in turn avoid scrolling through that article because you might accidentally spot some big spoiler from the quotes or such, but as you said, the premise makes it a spoiler itself...

And the fact that I typo'd the thread title and didn't even notice until now is a good indicator of what hour of the day I wrote this...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users