• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

malazan mafia 34,5 mini but I don't want to be king

#761 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:10 AM

Well, I'll just do a quick rundown of your posts then, see if I can find an interesting topic of conversation (I'm sure there are plenty :rant:)

#762 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:12 AM

go ahead. back in 15.

#763 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:20 AM

So I guess I'll start with what you think of Thyrllan's sudden activity. Do you still have him high on your list of suspects, or has he dropped down slightly?

#764 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:23 AM

woot, back earlier. Microwaves FTW

umm, Thyr?
Yes, I am very much liking his participation, especially the lack of focus on Rashan, which is refreshing.
Not sure if i agree with all of his assessments, but I like that he's contributing--he's definitely NOT my no 1 suspect/lynch candidate anymore.

#765 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:28 AM

Yeah, fair enough - have to say I didn't really pick up on much from Fener either, so didn't really see where that was going.

Oh, just thought I'd say, I noticed a few times that you were focussing on Rashan as opposed to Silanah out of the pair of high posters. I realise Rashan was the focus of the day, but I'd pegged you on missing Silanah off your list last night, so was hoping you could clarify your position? I'll go through and find a quote or two about what I mean if you like...

#766 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:41 AM

lol, no need, really
I can explain my position
both of those are loud posters--they write a lot.

They were both a focus of attention yesterday, same as Shadow, Ano, and to a lesser extent, Kess and Liosan
now, yesterday I voted for Rashan for spamming (as he was at that point). the "case" around him was based heavily off his interactions with Shadow--that was the basis of my suspicions of him.
those were alleviated when Bent revealed.
then, today we get Silanah saying Rash is scum again, for day 1 reasons. Now, Rashan's play has changed a lot since day 1, so I don't find him as suspicious anymore--hence him being a low priority for me.
As for Silanah, I tend to agree with Rashan's assessment of him. Yes it is meta, but dammit, Silanah's way too readable. and he does tend to be tenacious when he thinks someone is scum.
I disagree with Silanah's voced opinion on Rashan, but I concede that i'm unlikely to change it. because Silanah's stubborn. As such I don't pay him much attention.
there's my explanation. it's meta-based, and that's bad, I know, but I honestly can't help it. :rant:

#767 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:45 AM

Damn, I was just finding some nice quotes as well ;). All that hard work wasted :rant:. Ah well, your explanation kind of makes sense, I'll have a think about it.

Looking back, I see you did kind of have a small tussle with Fener earlier today, but when I asked you about Thyrllan's accusations you seemed to imply that you didn't think he was scummy any more. Care to tell why?

(Oh, and sorry for sounding like an inquisitor by the way, feel free to do some grilling of your own ;))

#768 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:49 AM

Ooh, I see lurkers! Care to join us?

#769 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

You two still around?

#770 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

Why yes. How's it going, Fener?

#771 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:54 AM

Good, just bought guitar hero III :rant: tonight... I am a rock star! Gamewise though, fine. I have to admit, its good thyr is posting, don't like where he is going, or agree with pretty much anything he says... but glad to hear new voices.

#772 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:57 AM

So, I know you've been trying to rebuke Thyrllan's accusations, so I won't ask you to defend yourself again...but Rashan was talking about a Fener-Laschan-Liosan triangle...what's your opinion on the likelihood of the third side of the triangle being there (ie Kaschan-Liosan killer pairing)?

EDIT: Kaschan, not Laschan *slaps head*

This post has been edited by Tennes: 26 November 2008 - 03:00 AM

#773 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

lol
me and Fener are in the same group based on posting behaviour--as are you, btw
I first was pointed towards fener when early in the day Rashan said "fener's one of those low-posters that's actually being helpful. He's okay in my book". as at the time, all attention was on Rashan, him trying to clear someone like that got me looking.
but I didn't find much (this was before Rashan's case on fener).
Only that
1) he was playing very clean (as in TOO clean, posibly)
2) he mentoned that you and gamelon think like him, so that makes you (to him) PIs.

now, on point 2 I ribbed him a bit about how, well he shouldn't make anyone PI without a good reason, and that since "thinking like him" at the time amounted to "I also think that Rashan's suspicious and may make a good lynch target", it was nowhere near indicative of you guys being PI.

Then Rashan made his case, followed by Thyr's ananlysis, and they drew a whole team of scum out of it--Fener, Liosan, and Kaschan. I pointed out to what I thought were strenuous at best links between some of them. I'm not dismising that case, and I certainly find one of the alleged scum (Kas) to be VERY worthy of attention, but I thought there were some problems with it being as neat as Rash and Thyr made it seem.
my concern is about fener trying to subtly clear you and gamelon, both of whom are in this middleing post range, not-really-committed-to-anything zone. it's not really a concrete susspicion, just some things to keep in mind.

now then, I do have a question for you: could you outline why exactly Rashan's behaviour warrants so much suspicion?
(I realize this may sound like I'm defending rashan, but honestly, the only thing I could see about both you and gamelon is that you seem willing to tip towards a Rash train, should one appear, so it's the best place to start asking questions)

#774 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

How about you Tennes, where are you leaning at the moment? Are you on either Rash or Sil? Going through posts, it does seem fishy that You had a post calling out Game, then he pops on throws some ideas out there, then bolts. I can't really talk though as I seem to have done the same thing, Truth be told though I was working on a reread throughout the day and posted when I was done... oh well, bad timing.

EDIT OOPS triple cross, brb

This post has been edited by Fener: 26 November 2008 - 02:59 AM

#775 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:04 AM

View PostTennes, on Nov 25 2008, 06:57 PM, said:

So, I know you've been trying to rebuke Thyrllan's accusations, so I won't ask you to defend yourself again...but Rashan was talking about a Fener-Laschan-Liosan triangle...what's your opinion on the likelihood of the third side of the triangle being there (ie Kaschan-Liosan killer pairing)?

EDIT: Kaschan, not Laschan *slaps head*

I am guessing you mean Kaschan. I could see that as a possible combo, Liosan being the one taking the brunt of the attack, while Kaschstands back. I would definately not feel bad about voting for either. Liosan has definately been rabid in his attacks on both Rash and Sil even when they said they were going to back off eachother. But like I said before...if Liosan is a killer... he has balls the size of Melons to pull a stunt like that. It was blatently bad for the innos AND there is no way he could expect to survive to endgame. How about a Kasch/Gamelon pairing?

#776 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:04 AM

View PostFener, on Nov 26 2008, 02:58 AM, said:

How about you Tennes, where are you leaning at the moment? Are you on either Rash or Sil? Going through posts, it does seem fishy that You had a post calling out Game, then he pops on throws some ideas out there, then bolts. I can't really talk though as I seem to have done the same thing, Truth be told though I was working on a reread throughout the day and posted when I was done... oh well, bad timing.

Sorry, I don't follow - when did Gamelon appear after I posted against him? I said something about him on the previous page, but I don't see any response from him...

#777 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

has there been ANY interaction between Gamelon and Kaschan, actually? I don't seem to recall much...

#778 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

View PostTennes, on Nov 25 2008, 07:04 PM, said:

View PostFener, on Nov 26 2008, 02:58 AM, said:

Sorry, I don't follow - when did Gamelon appear after I posted against him? I said something about him on the previous page, but I don't see any response from him...

When you made your list of low posters this morning. iirc you kind of said he was suspicious. I would need to go find the quote...brb.

#779 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:09 AM

View PostTennes, on Nov 24 2008, 06:09 PM, said:

Gamelon - apart from his joke vote on D'riss to begin with (and that was tenuous, even for a joke vote), all he's really done is vote on Thyrllan, apparently because of low post count & not having voted. I'd have liked to have seen him discuss some of the others a bit more before singling someone out like that - there were, after all, several other people with low post counts who hadn't voted at the time.

Well, I guess you didn't call him out. I must be getting old. But he did hop on shortly after and give a reason for his voting as well as be somewhat involved. Guess thats not as scummy as I thought

#780 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:12 AM

@D'riss: Regarding Rashan - originally, he made a post that vaguely irritated me, so I voted for him on Day 1. Then it seemed like people kept coming up with things against him - and not just based on one thing, but on multiple things that he said. There was his symp-spam stuff with Kaschan to start with, which coupled with Kaschan's reaction made me think he was a bit fishy. Then there was that big argument he had with AnoGem and Sil where he was kind of symping on Shadowbent a lot. Obviously, Shadowbent turned out to be innocent, but I look at it and think that maybe he's covering his tracks so that later he can say: "I like symping people, it's what I do!" Then there was those slightly suspicious reactions to the Ninja fake-out and Ninja non-fake-out. I don't weight those particularly heavily because I'm not sure about Gamelon yet, but they weren't exactly exemplary.

So I guess you could say it's a steady accumulation of evidence. Having said that, he's been helpful today, looking at the the low/mids...I don't really feel like he warrants a vote at this point, he'd have to do something a bit more scummy first. I'll give him, Sil and Liosan questions to keep them from getting too comfortable, but I'm not going to be participating in any trains unless I'm pretty compelled about the evidence today. Liosan has, at least, been successful in preaching caution about voting (or was that the people who were saying don't vote for Liosan just yet? I can't remember)

Share this topic:

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

45 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users