• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

malazan mafia 34,5 mini but I don't want to be king

#1081 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:34 PM

The thread is quiet when I'm around and bored at work, it's in my evenings and nights that it heats up.

Strange, that, usually it's the opposite. So that's how it feels to be an Aussie :p :D

I agree with your case on Kaschan, but I want to hear what the rest have to say first.

#1082 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

i am so bored too, work is really fucking me up and i am bloody wrecked and no one is here to save me from my own boredom. think i have pulled a muscle in my shoulder, jumped up in poundage on my bow and my back is screaming today :D

#1083 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

hey guys
Sorry, I don't have tons of time right now. I'm supposed to be helping with setting up a display, but some stuff got fucked up,. so i'm here untill we can clarify it.
Seems like today's gonna bit of a writeoff, because it's a holiday in Americaland, so two of the eight are not likely to be here. it really sucks, I know
Liosan should be on shortly, once he's done school, I believe. Thyr, too.

For the record, I like the Kas case. I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around his sticking with a Thyr vote yesterday. Seems like almost like a willing attempt to block any lynch.

@ Gamelon: I'll go over your case a bit later. basically I have an hour to figure out this display situation, then i'm gone for 3 hours, possibly will grab a bite afterwards.
so, in about 4.5 hours i'm all yours.

#1084 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

great thats when i am off home :D

we have like 30 hours does that give the americans time to have their fun and come back tomorrow? what time does that put it for them tomorrow their time?

#1085 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

round 3 PM my time
which is the same as Fener
can't speak for Kas, though--it's earlier for him.

unless i got them mixed up. then it's the other way around

#1086 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

Ah, yeah, it's TurkeyTime

#1087 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

well this hsould be as dull as the weekends then :D

#1088 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

Well now we know Rashan was innocent, so now we can now move on from that. I don't think much can be read into the Tennes Nk as he was probably the least likely to get targetted for a lynch.
Now reading through Silanahs and Gams points I can see merit in both of them, I said earlier I was suspicious of Kaschan, but he did get involved and put a bit more substance but I keep getting stumped by the fact his vote on me does seem very random and OMGUS.
Now D'riss is definitely getting me a bit worried after reading through the quotes provided by Gam so I will look back in a bit when I have time and see for myself if he's missed anything or if hes putting a bit of a spin on them.
For now il leave off on putting a vote down until im sure.

#1089 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:22 PM

This is a test

#1090 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

OK, it seems to be working (at least for me, at least so far). The link in the previous post is a link to a search result where I searched for D'riss posts in the last week. It's a way to quote all his posts without making a gigantic post. :D

I found this interestingly worded post:

D'riss, on Nov 25 2008, 10:11 PM, said:

Fener, on Nov 25 2008, 04:03 PM, said:

Ok here are my thoughts-

Rashan- I think is probably a symp he is doinf a really good job of muddying the waters, constantly fighting with Ano (CI) though he was a PI to me at the time of the fighting. He immediately switched to a Liosan vote after the fakey move, that is a sly move as no one can question it and his killer can likely safely vote there as well. And the big big thing for symp behavior is his absolute certainty that he will CF inno. He has brought it up more than once. JA pulled that crap in 32. He was the symp there, and Rashan is acting eerily similar. Of course you ask..who is he symping, not sure atm, though his "Fener seems inno" comment would point the finger at me, If I was a killer I would be pissed if my symp was so obvious. More likely a misdirection.

Korlat- Seems inno to me, he attacked shadow and even admitted to probably voting shadow come lynch time... but his story is consistent and the vote was more based on posting style than anything else.

Liosan- I am going to allow myself to VPI him for the time being. If he isn't dead in a few nights we will need to seriously consider offing him to rest the collective conscious. I just can't wrap my head around a killer taking that kind of Modkill risk.

Gamelon- He tends to think like me, so I am giving him the benifit of the doubt for now. Though....his posting style only changed to more active after being called out on Tennes post. (It could just be a coincidence/playing tim issue though)

Tennes- Initially tried to stop Wrestle Mania XXXI (Shadow vs. Rash) to try to find killers. If I was a killer I wouldn't want them to stop. So a point in his favor there. On post 174 he does go after Rash a bit which is also thinking like me. and I liked his list on the low posters. @ Tennes I didn't vote Kasch just because he was a low poster, it was a combination of three things: low post count, no substance, and gut feeling. Though I also have low post count, I try to have substance in my posts and my gut feeling on me is usually right :D

Silanah- I keep going back and forth on him, initially I thought scum, then I thoughtinno, now I am not sure. I don't think holding back is a good idea. He has good insight and usually gives me a different perspective on things which I find very helpful (though often frustrating :p )One big thing is that he was really giving it to shadow yesterday. Knowing Shadow is CI it makes me wonder..... I would encourage you to still post, just don't dominate :p

Thyr- He is my number 1 killer suspect. No posts what-so-ever 9 I think then after Anno comes up CI after having not posted forever he pops in to say.."Well that didn't help us as we knew the killers were going to do that anyway" did we??? I didn't. How did you? That is his only post of semi substance that I can see. Right now he is my #1

Kaschan- Same as yesterday Gut feeling, low poster, somewhat trying to get involved. I just have a bad feeling and seeing as he gives us nothing to go off of I would be willing to vote. I HATE getting to endgame and have it be : Thyr, Kasch, Me and Korlat. I mean really... wtf would you vote for??? Better to get them out early. I realize if he pops up inno I will be under some heavy pressure, but, bring it.

D'riss- Mor sympish feeling for me than killer. Has become a little more active lately. Was certain there was a Rash/Shadow connection which there wasn't. Most early posts revolve around a Rash/Shadow connection. One thing kind of fishy was that he followed Rash onto and then quickly off of the Liosan fakey move. pretty obvious but then you get into WIFOM.

One thing, In his list Rashan didn't mention Thyr, or Kash- Could be cause there is little to go on, but that is a good excuse to leave your killer of your list.

Thats all I have for now, just gave up my whole lunch break to type this out lol. Let m eknow what you think

for one thing, Rashan followed me on a Liosan train
it may make me look suspect, but I absolutely hate fake reveals a la khell (go ahead, guess away :p ), so it was an agro switch more than anyting. the fact that Rash followed me on it would piss me off were he my symp.
Thyr and Kash are both the kinds of players I hate--especially Thyr--out of his meager 9 posts, a third is either complaining that no one's around, or saying that he's catching up, but giving us nothing.
@ Tennes: I believe it's "Harakiri", :p
Fener, you outline a group of players that "think alike" : you, Tennes and Gamelon. while not scully in itself, it does raise my hackles a bit...

Out of nowhere and without responding to any accusations, he says "Rashan followed me on a Liosan train, it makes me look suspect, if I was a killer and he was my symp I would be pissed."

Since when does someone putting a second vote on train (which was even understandable at the time) make the first voter suspicious? It's not, and no-one commented on that vote.

It really seems like D'riss was putting on thread something that he was very tuned to, i.e. looking for a symp if you're a killer.

Something else I noticed, I need to get the quotes, see next post.

#1091 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

he does seem to say he would be pissed off if rashan were his symp !!! holy fuck why didnt anyone notice that till now.

my guess is then kaschan, thyrllan and driss is team evil. look about four posts down that serach list

thyr post

another example of driss protecting thyrllan

also thyrllan came on today and started saying he finds the case on driss good just after i posted about him being paired with him. Could be distancing before driss' fall.

sorely tempted to change my vote now.

willw ait to see what he says.

#1092 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:42 PM

ahh fuck it, i am heading home soon, i want pressure on behind my convictions, i still think kaschan is a good lynch, but that seems liek to good a slip to pass up.

remove vote

vote driss

#1093 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

In the whole game D'riss hasn't made a single case, of put pressure on anyone. He has only three votes, never because of a case of his, even someone else's:

D'riss, on Nov 24 2008, 06:21 PM, said:

oh, for crying out loud

vote rashan
I'm not even caught up, and I'm already lsing track because of him...

D'riss, on Nov 24 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

remove vote
Vote Liosan

if he's dead it doesn't matter, if he's lying to us, he deserves to die.

EDIT: cross-post with the mod
vote stays tho

and

D'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 11:28 PM, said:

oh, ffs
I hate when people take this over-dramatic tone. make you seem innocent an makes me question "wtf am I doing?"

you begging me to place a vote to assure a lynch doesn't fill me with confidence either.
I'm probably gonna be twinned with Tennes (AGAIN!) for this, but you've asked so nicely..

vote Rashan

oh, and a major crosspost...

Everything else is either explaining his availability (nothing wrong with that btw), commenting on the game, responding to accusations of "associations". As for his view of other players, he's never looking for suspicious stuff, just "associations":

D'riss, on Nov 24 2008, 06:43 PM, said:

With that utterly silly accusation out of the way, let's get more serious
if Rashan is indeed a filthy scum that's evil, who may his partner/master be?

D'riss, on Nov 25 2008, 03:57 AM, said:

I am almost certain there's a connection between Rashan and Shadow--but, alas I can't be sure if it's just meta-induced, or is it a genuine in-game connection along the lines of paired killers or killer-symp

D'riss, on Nov 25 2008, 08:59 PM, said:

Rashan's subtle attempts to PI Fener peak my curiosity.
I'm gonna go ,ook into that.

D'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 01:17 AM, said:

Hmm
I am still having trouble wrappin my head around the idea that Liosan as scum would pull such a stunt. Not to say it's impossible, but unlikely of th e highest caliber.
I can buy that he's distancing from Kas, though.
saying "I want to put pressure on X" and then right after "I don't expect anyone will follow me in the vote on X" is kind of redundant, as it defets the purpose of the original vote.

So, I can see the Fener-Kas connection. fener-Liosan--not so much. and Liosan-Kas--almost nonexistant, except for Liosan's stubborn refusal to look beyond Rashan and Silanah all day long.

D'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 04:06 AM, said:

has there been ANY interaction between Gamelon and Kaschan, actually? I don't seem to recall much...

In all his posts, I didn't see a single one where D'riss made a case on someone else. Lots of "I don't like X" or "I would vote Y", but never an organized reference to posts or behavior he finds scummy. And that's from a high poster making numerous comments about other player's amount of content.

He said most of yesterday he was willing to vote Kaschan off, but in a situation where Kaschan and Liosan each had 1 vote, instead of putting his vote where his mouth is, starts saying that the days is "between Rashan and Liosan", and procrastinates until close to the end of day to add the easy L-1 vote.

#1094 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

Silanah, on Nov 27 2008, 04:39 PM, said:

he does seem to say he would be pissed off if rashan were his symp !!! holy fuck why didnt anyone notice that till now.

Hahaha, I didn't even realize that. I assume there's an understated "if I was a killer", but you're right, he forgot that part :D

As for your comment about him defending Thyr, I notice that for a while he said Thyrllan was suspicious for his lack of content, but at least three times once Thyrllan come back he mentions "Now I like his amount of content!". That's many times to excuse an attack that was not that strong to start with

quotes:

D'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 12:08 AM, said:

though i'm liking th einput from Thyr right now.

D'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 12:45 AM, said:

Thyr--been quiet for a while but is contributing now. I like

D'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 03:23 AM, said:

woot, back earlier. Microwaves FTW

umm, Thyr?
Yes, I am very much liking his participation, especially the lack of focus on Rashan, which is refreshing.
Not sure if i agree with all of his assessments, but I like that he's contributing--he's definitely NOT my no 1 suspect/lynch candidate anymore.

Search function ROCKS! :p

#1095 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

Gamelon, on Nov 27 2008, 03:46 PM, said:

In the whole game D'riss hasn't made a single case, of put pressure on anyone. He has only three votes, never because of a case of his, even someone else's:

D'riss, on Nov 24 2008, 06:21 PM, said:

oh, for crying out loud

vote rashan
I'm not even caught up, and I'm already lsing track because of him...

D'riss, on Nov 24 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

remove vote
Vote Liosan

if he's dead it doesn't matter, if he's lying to us, he deserves to die.

EDIT: cross-post with the mod
vote stays tho

and

D'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 11:28 PM, said:

oh, ffs
I hate when people take this over-dramatic tone. make you seem innocent an makes me question "wtf am I doing?"

you begging me to place a vote to assure a lynch doesn't fill me with confidence either.
I'm probably gonna be twinned with Tennes (AGAIN!) for this, but you've asked so nicely..

vote Rashan

oh, and a major crosspost...

Everything else is either explaining his availability (nothing wrong with that btw), commenting on the game, responding to accusations of "associations". As for his view of other players, he's never looking for suspicious stuff, just "associations":

D'riss, on Nov 24 2008, 06:43 PM, said:

With that utterly silly accusation out of the way, let's get more serious
if Rashan is indeed a filthy scum that's evil, who may his partner/master be?

D'riss, on Nov 25 2008, 03:57 AM, said:

I am almost certain there's a connection between Rashan and Shadow--but, alas I can't be sure if it's just meta-induced, or is it a genuine in-game connection along the lines of paired killers or killer-symp

D'riss, on Nov 25 2008, 08:59 PM, said:

Rashan's subtle attempts to PI Fener peak my curiosity.
I'm gonna go ,ook into that.

D'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 01:17 AM, said:

Hmm
I am still having trouble wrappin my head around the idea that Liosan as scum would pull such a stunt. Not to say it's impossible, but unlikely of th e highest caliber.
I can buy that he's distancing from Kas, though.
saying "I want to put pressure on X" and then right after "I don't expect anyone will follow me in the vote on X" is kind of redundant, as it defets the purpose of the original vote.

So, I can see the Fener-Kas connection. fener-Liosan--not so much. and Liosan-Kas--almost nonexistant, except for Liosan's stubborn refusal to look beyond Rashan and Silanah all day long.

D'riss, on Nov 26 2008, 04:06 AM, said:

has there been ANY interaction between Gamelon and Kaschan, actually? I don't seem to recall much...

In all his posts, I didn't see a single one where D'riss made a case on someone else. Lots of "I don't like X" or "I would vote Y", but never an organized reference to posts or behavior he finds scummy. And that's from a high poster making numerous comments about other player's amount of content.

He said most of yesterday he was willing to vote Kaschan off, but in a situation where Kaschan and Liosan each had 1 vote, instead of putting his vote where his mouth is, starts saying that the days is "between Rashan and Liosan", and procrastinates until close to the end of day to add the easy L-1 vote.

so he protects kaschan and thyrllan, there must have been an earlier slip by one of those two to show symp otherwise why would he be favouring them. Obviously if he comes back scum one has a good chance of being his partner given his links to thyr and his inability to make a case that way. The only signal kaschan may have made would be the pointless vote for thyrllan with a weak case when there was no chance of it going through.

I say we lynch driss, and go for thyr tomorrow. I firmly believe kaschan is a symp and if we lynch him today the only way we will know is if the game doesnt end, and thats pretty weak because we have to assume none of the other dead players had that role.

#1096 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

Anyways, that's my case for now.

Is it solid? I don't know. Maybe he's busy and can't follow the thread well, although if that's the case he's quite good at correcting the mod's post counts and noticing who has posted how much.

Is it the way a killer would play? It seems to piss off players when players say stuff like that since there is indeed no killer stereotype, but let's put it this way: the whole game D'riss was around, contributing, sounding like he was making attacks but never going beyond "I'm willing to lynch X"-type of pressure. How often do I read my name put like this, it gives me no need to answer or look again at who says that, which, I believe, is D'riss' strategy.

#1097 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:59 PM

starting to get my mojo back after that rashan lynch i think :D only problem i forsee is the only two other players to post today are thyrllan and driss :p

we may struggle to get a lynch!! 8 players, we will be probably 5 on 3 at moment so hopefully the other innos come on and liek the case or this might be a hard day to get a lynch. witht he americans missing for most of today it could be close.

#1098 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

Silanah, on Nov 27 2008, 04:55 PM, said:

so he protects kaschan and thyrllan, there must have been an earlier slip by one of those two to show symp otherwise why would he be favouring them. Obviously if he comes back scum one has a good chance of being his partner given his links to thyr and his inability to make a case that way. The only signal kaschan may have made would be the pointless vote for thyrllan with a weak case when there was no chance of it going through.

I say we lynch driss, and go for thyr tomorrow. I firmly believe kaschan is a symp and if we lynch him today the only way we will know is if the game doesnt end, and thats pretty weak because we have to assume none of the other dead players had that role.

Not sure if he's protecting Kaschan. If D'riss is a killer, I think he went from "Kaschan is on the top of my list" to "The day is between Rashan and Liosan" to not be the one that puts a second vote on Kaschan that would make, because of D'riss, Kaschan a good lynch candidate. If Kaschan is inno, that's not something a killer likes.

#1099 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

i am willign to hear his expl,anation, it is possible to type things wrong, i can barely type at all, but that was so glaring when read back... I still believe kaschan is our symp, so if driss has a damn good explanation, iand i mean its got to be DAMN good, then i would still vote for him, my only problem with that is that i believe kaschan to be a symp, if we hit a killer not only are we much closer to victory, we will know we hit one, and not have to guess.

My vote stays, looking forward to seeing what the rest think :D

#1100 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:10 PM

Gamelon, on Nov 27 2008, 04:01 PM, said:

Silanah, on Nov 27 2008, 04:55 PM, said:

Not sure if he's protecting Kaschan. If D'riss is a killer, I think he went from "Kaschan is on the top of my list" to "The day is between Rashan and Liosan" to not be the one that puts a second vote on Kaschan that would make, because of D'riss, Kaschan a good lynch candidate. If Kaschan is inno, that's not something a killer likes.

if driss is the killer though, kaschan even from my case is most likely symp, so if driss was offering any protection he must have only had a hint of kaschans allegiance. If you have time look back over kaschan, there werent that many posts, and first time through i didnt see anything. My scum radar went off the scale with that attack at fener which i read as pointing out targets to his masters. there was also that vote on thyrllan which wouldnt go anywhere. Always a good time for a symp to vote for one of his own. the only other possibility for driss symp seems to be rashan, but i will play like we have 3 evils until the end.

For today i think if we lynch driss or kaschan i would be fairly confident that we have scum.

Share this topic:

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users