Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After "the book of the fallen"

#1 User is offline   SilentHunter 

• I hate silence!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

During his recent signing tour, Steven Erikson confirmed that he has signed up for 6 more Malazan novels for Bantam. They will not be direct continuations of the Malazan Book of the Fallen, but will be two somewhat self-contained trilogies, one of which will be the backstory of Anomander Rake. He also confirmed that the two new trilogies will be released at a more leisurely pace than the MBF, as the one-book-per-year pace is too much to keep up indefinitely.

He also confirmed that there are 6 more Bauchelain and Korbal Broach novellas to come, to bring the total to 9.

Added in with the 10 volumes of the MBF itself and Esslemont's planned 6 novels, that brings the total to 22 novels, 9 novellas and 1 companion volume set in this world.

source: sffchronicles

#2 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• Drinking Queen of the Abyssmal Army!!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

Thank you for this info/update! I'm glad to see SE will continue writing about the Malazan Empire. There's nothing worse than an author you really like deciding they are done with writing. These upcoming trilogies, should be awesome and the full back story of Rake will be really interesting as it is often alluded to now if MBOTF. In the end all of this will add up to a very impressive body of work!
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only F ing yourself...
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Martin Luther King, Jr-

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

Muffins are just ugly cupcakes!
-Zanth13-

#3 User is offline   LadyMTL 

• Epic bookworm

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

Oooh, I would love to read the backstory of Rake, especially now with the little dribbles of extra info we're getting in Toll the Hounds. Bring it on, hahahaha.
~ Denn die Toten reiten schnell. (Lenore)

#4 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

Great news, and i cant wait for the books. Which immediately embodies my problem: i dont want to wait more than a year for every new Malazaine fix. Damnit. I wanna be frozen like cartman, so the wait is over sooner.

#5 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:25 AM

He also told us at the BBQ that once he's finished the main series, he's gonna slow down a bit, I'm afraid. So the later two trilogies will be released more slowly than his current astronomical pace.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#6 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:27 AM

View Postcaladanbrood, on Nov 29 2008, 10:25 AM, said:

He also told us at the BBQ that once he's finished the main series, he's gonna slow down a bit, I'm afraid. So the later two trilogies will be released more slowly than his current astronomical pace.

Are there any hints that ICE might write more after his five books? Because to be honest I think it'd be tragic if he didn't release more, I'm beginning a reread of RotCG and I'm REALLY enjoying it.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#7 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

View PostLisheo, on Nov 29 2008, 10:27 AM, said:

View Postcaladanbrood, on Nov 29 2008, 10:25 AM, said:

Are there any hints that ICE might write more after his five books? Because to be honest I think it'd be tragic if he didn't release more, I'm beginning a reread of RotCG and I'm REALLY enjoying it.

I dunno, it was Erikson on the tour, not ICE :thumbsup:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#8 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

I'm gonna need a bigger bookshelf :thumbsup:
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users