Malazan Empire: Man City - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Man City Your take on what will be an interesting part of this season.

#21 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:39 PM

Kaka has always stated he is drawn to the Premiership. Plus Elano and Robinho are already there which has to be a draw. Plus Kaka and Ronaldinho have had a strained relationship in the past and I'm not sure that Kaka is happy he joined his team. I don't think it is about the money with him as Cougar said he is a great person and I don't think it holds much power over him.
I have returned anew, wistfully my course holds true.
King of High House Shadow; Leader of the Cult of Handsome; Opponent to Repwhores and spammers.
Check out my football blog www.jogabonitomundo.com

#22 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

Well we are nearing January and Hughes has said he wants to sign 5 players. So... what positions do they need to fill and who you think they are going to get? David Villa is the latest rumor http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...and&cc=5901

I honestly can't see Valencia refusing that with their financial issues of late. Villa in the EPL is just fucking scary :The Force:
King of High House Shadow; Leader of the Cult of Handsome; Opponent to Repwhores and spammers.

#23 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

A striker, a keeper, a CB and two fullbacks. I don't know if Villa is that striker though, awesome as he is - they ideally want someone their deeper-lying forwards can work off, like United, and Villa's not that. He'd do alright, given how many chances they'd give him, and certainly buying him couldn't be a bad idea, but I honestly reckon Hughes might be more interested in Santa Cruz, given the lack of an available proven world class holdup striker (that I can think of - any ideas? I can see Benzema - not really holdup, but I reckon probably more suited to what City need than Villa. They've been linked with him too).

I haven't heard any talk of it, but despite his meh season so far I can see them going after Boruc, perhaps the best keeper not already playing for one of the top clubs in the best leagues. And given that apparently half his problem is he's getting a bit big-headed, playing in a bigger pond might sort his attitude out. Not sure I'd want him playing for them though, speaking as a Polish United fan...
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#24 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

I properly rate Joe Hart, and if City try to dump him, I hope 'arry pounces to replace Gomes.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#25 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:41 AM

I agree, Hart is a good goalie. I think that man city need 1 CB, 1 fullback, 2 midfielders and a striker.

#26 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

Looks like I may be looking for a new hat soon...

#27 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

I still haven't heard Kaka saying "I wouldn't mind going to Man City." But you might want to work out which of your head garments is most edible, just in case :p.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#28 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

They're in for de Jong, so I guess that means they're planning to have him and Kompany holding in the middle, with 3 attaking mids given license to roam and a striker. They definitely need help at full back and cb, you dont win anything with a shit defence so that should be their priority, and I spose they reckon the 2 DMs will help out there. Philip Lahm would be a good signing, but Im not sure he'd leave Munich, other than that Im struggling to think of viable options...

#29 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on Jan 16 2009, 05:09 PM, said:

They're in for de Jong, so I guess that means they're planning to have him and Kompany holding in the middle, with 3 attaking mids given license to roam and a striker. They definitely need help at full back and cb, you dont win anything with a shit defence so that should be their priority, and I spose they reckon the 2 DMs will help out there. Philip Lahm would be a good signing, but Im not sure he'd leave Munich, other than that Im struggling to think of viable options...

There's a scarcity of good fullbacks around, but based on what I saw of Lahm at Euro 2008 I'd have said he's not going to be a huge improvement defensively. From what I remember, he was great going forward, but made a slew of errors at the other end (most notably letting Torres get by him to score the winner in the final). Of course, that could just have been a blip - anyone seen him play for Bayern and know how he is when playing in the Bundesliga?

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#30 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on Jan 16 2009, 05:09 PM, said:

They're in for de Jong, so I guess that means they're planning to have him and Kompany holding in the middle, with 3 attaking mids given license to roam and a striker. They definitely need help at full back and cb, you dont win anything with a shit defence so that should be their priority, and I spose they reckon the 2 DMs will help out there.

Kompany can play CB (isn't it his best position?), I'd assume they'd be going for De Jong in DM and him at CB. Although the two at DM with Ireland, Robinho +1 behind a proper striker could be it, it seems to be be in fasion since it worked so well for us last season.

#31 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

Seems my hat is safe.

#32 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

As soon as there were protests from the supporters I knew Kaka wouldn't leave. I would have bet £200-300 on it and this is from a poor student.

#33 User is offline   Shadowthrone 

• Captain

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

Aye and to be honest I am relieved. Man City don't deserve Kaka. They are really pissing me off.

#34 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

And next year they'll be really pissing off QPR fans, competing with them for signings in the fizzy pop leagues.

#35 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

Well, they didn't get Kaka, but they got Craig Bellamy, so surely their fans will be happy :)

If they're looking for a keeper, are they in the market for Shay Given? Or looking more upmarket?
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#36 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

Apparently they've had a 5 million pound bid for Given rejected.

and they've bid 15 mill for dutch midfielder Nigel De Jong

And they're still trying for Roque Santa Cruz

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#37 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

I was hoping Arsenal would get Given, but they'll never pay that much. Bloody Citeh are inflating prices by offering huge amounts for anyone and outbidding. They didnt even do the decent thing and outbid sp*rs for Palacios! Although that is a ridiculous amount for him.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users