Malazan Empire: GUIDELINES FOR POSTING IN THE OTHER FANTASY FORUM - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

GUIDELINES FOR POSTING IN THE OTHER FANTASY FORUM

#1 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:15 PM

Right then Malazites;

recently there has been quite a swell of comment about the unregulated nature of the Other Fantasy Forum, namely there seeems to be little or no discipline whatsoever as regards the use of spoilers, the general consensus being that members were unclear on what rules (if any ) applied to this forum. In an effort to sort this out I'm putting forward the following guidelines for posting:

1. Thread starters who intend it to be an open discussion on a book people have already read: write **SPOILERS** or similar in the title field

2. If the thread is of the 'I haven't read this/what is your opinion of what I should read' type then absolutely no spoilers. This should be obvious.

3. If the thread is a grey area; for example you are discussing whether someone should read Bakker and you feel the response would benefit from a reference to say Eddings which has spoilers for the Belgarion then, put it in spoiler tags and say what you are about to disclose.

4. This is not the Pheonix Inn; people should stay on topic and post in a coherent manner consistent with the discussion and book forums, no spam.

I and the other mods will be trying to help out with this, but since it's been open season for so long and to be frank there are always going to be grey areas, the cardinal rule remains: If you have any doubts about whether or not you will be exposed to a spoiler you don't want to see DO NOT READ THE THREAD.

If you have any suggestions PM your uncle Cougar or one of the other mods.
I AM A TWAT

#2 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

OK so I've had a few bits of feedback on this so far one thing a few people have said is that they were getting a bit sick of the Tairy baiting and general unconstructive one line type resonses and such. I think that 99.9% of all posts in this forum are good natured and either well humoured or constructive and we don't need to be as stringent as on the book forums but can I just ask that people just have a think before launching into the same spammy tirades. So when someone asks (god forbid)" Should I read Wizards First Rule" or "What do you think of Belgarath the Sorcerer" please give your opinions however you feel (within the boundaries of good (forum) etiquette. However, please don't respond with abusive one liners everytime someone mentions the yearded one or any other authour you dislike.

As usual any comments PM the big cat.
I AM A TWAT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users