Malazan Empire: Rumor: SE after finishing book 10... - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rumor: SE after finishing book 10... After the main ten part cycle and encyclopedia is over?

#1 User is offline   Stefan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

I understand that the tenth book will be the last and that Steve and ICE will come out with a Malazan encyclopedia, but what will he be writing about after that? I can see him continuing writing novellas for the series while pursuing an entirely new setting in a different universe or even looking to expand the Malazan series into other mediums. Or is he interested in investing some years into his archeology and taking a break from writing?

I myself would be most excited to see the world of the Malazan expanded into some form of visual entertainment, be it movie or video game as long as both Steve and ICE approve the stories and have a large influence. We would all expect nothing less, especially if it came to a movie, considering the size and complexity of the series and its books and novellas. If it were a game I think Bioware would be great at bringing the world to life, especially after reading a nice preview in my gaming magazine.

#2 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

Two trilogies; the first of which is about Rake's past, the second of which will take place after the main series but we don't know what it will be about.

I think there is also at least one more B&B story left, one that's supposed to be almost as long as a regular Malazan book. Hopefully someone can confirm that.

#3 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

Yes, there is at least one more B&B story left, although I didn't know it was going to be full length.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users