Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spooks New Series!

#1 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:27 PM

Last time I tried this, everyone ignored me... but I'm nothing if not persistant. I just saw the new advert for Spooks series 7, and I can't wait! Looks like the big villains this series are the russians, which makes a nice change. Can't be suprised that it looks like a new main male character, the current one has been alive far too long! Though I can't remember his name, which is a bit embarrassing, considering I'm virtually the only person who watches it...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#2 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

I don't think I've ever watched it, but I didn't realise it had been going on quite that long. My friend was complaining that they tried to make it more '24ish' when that started to do so well - justified?

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#3 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

Hmmm, I haven't watched 24 since series 1, so it's hard to say... It's a quality series though, the main characters are usually pretty good, and you never know when they might decide to kill off a character, which is good. They're not afraid to do the unexpected :p
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#4 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:49 PM

View Postcaladanbrood, on Oct 19 2008, 12:42 AM, said:

Hmmm, I haven't watched 24 since series 1, so it's hard to say... It's a quality series though, the main characters are usually pretty good, and you never know when they might decide to kill off a character, which is good. They're not afraid to do the unexpected :p

I believe that was what he meant - that 24 went and got unpredictable and dark and many people died, and Spooks felt it had to follow and so started to darken its tone and characters to match. Don't know how much truth there is to that, but would you say that later seasons have been darker and more twisted in that way?

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#5 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:54 PM

In the very first episode of series 1, a recruit got murdered by a terrorist by being held in a deep-fat fryer... I don't think it's got much darker since then...

#6 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

So the first two episodes were on last night. Not sure about them really... the "plot twist" was a bit obvious, but maybe that's just because I've watched it too much in the past, so I'm used to the way the writers think. Still, pretty awesome, and you've gotta love Russian Nuclear submarines trying to destroy the internet :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users