• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#24381 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

View PostCentzon Totochtin, on 11 June 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

Broke my elbow in 4 or 5 places 3 weeks ago and had surgery to put it back together 2 and a bit weeks ago. Everything is uncomfortable! I am healing well and now have 6 screws and a plate in my elbow. Doing things one armed is really irritating... at least it is my non-dominant arm!

That sounds horribly painful.

Get well fast!

#24382 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:49 PM

Damn Centz. Hope recovery goes smoothly.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#24383 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, that sounds awful. Here's to a fast and smooth recovery!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24384 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

Man that sucks. In the summer after graduating high school I sprained both of my elbows severely and it was comically absurd how little I could do for myself.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#24385 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:55 AM

View PostI am the Bachelorette, on 11 June 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

I could have done without that mental image

Snarf.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#24386 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

A violent thunderstorm killed a boy in my city on Sunday. He was at a cricket coaching camp and was struck by lightning.

He was only 16.

There's another huge thunderstorm happening as I write this. Everybody is talking about how much more frequent lightning strikes have become in recent years.

#24387 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

View PostAndorion, on 12 June 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

There's another huge thunderstorm happening as I write this. Everybody is talking about how much more frequent lightning strikes have become in recent years.

Same here. In the last couple of years, summer season has become storm season here. Several people have been struck by lightning in the general area I live in this summer already. The other week, a storm dislodged the roof of a pertol station nearby, and the roof of a university building in the nearest city caved in from the weight of the water. Thankfully, nobody was badly injured in either incident, but yeah. Flooded basements are becoming a regular occurence in some parts of Germany.

This post has been edited by Puck: 12 June 2018 - 11:00 AM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#24388 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

On the positive side, could be an increased chance to develop superpowers. Or revive corpses to take over the world or make your own Michael Jackson video.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 12 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#24389 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

I live in a country in which parents will burn down their childrens schools to protest the government.

#24390 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

One of my mom's friends asked me to help her find a new printer which works with third party ink cartridges and my head hurts. Why can't these companies just price their ink cartridges reasonably and enjoy people actually buying and using them instead of waging a price war on their customers by blocking the printers from functioning? :p :p

This post has been edited by Puck: 12 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#24391 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:00 PM

That old story??

#24392 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

But also, hope it's not a bad charge and that your kids are okay.

#24393 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

Ah dang, yah you must be especially ticked if the kids were there to see it. That's so upsetting, man. At least they've got you.

#24394 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:27 AM

I don't think confronting her is the right move here. Being there for your children first and foremost is. She's going to get plenty of lecturing from her people and whatever consequences from being arrested occur. It's probably best to say that you want your children to be cared for in the best way possible and that you're really scared and upset about all this. Keep it tight with her and let her make whatever moves she's gonna make while you focus on giving the kids the best life they can have.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#24395 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:58 AM

.....buuuuuuut warming up your favorite family lawyer contact may not hurt either. FFS if I follow that correctly she’s on a video. Doing a possible felony. With children present.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#24396 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:49 AM

View PostAbyss, on 16 June 2018 - 03:58 AM, said:

.....buuuuuuut warming up your favorite family lawyer contact may not hurt either. FFS if I follow that correctly she's on a video. Doing a possible felony. With children present.

This is solid advice. Even if you just treat it as information gathering and do nothing active with it for the moment. I feel really sorry for the kids.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#24397 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

I think I may have an unhealthy relationship with a female friend of mine. Which is weird because in many ways its also one of the best/healthiest relationships I have with a friend. I think we are both there for each other, emotionally supportive and get along. I really like spending time with her. However recently a few things have made me question it. We live a few streets apart so when we go to the same places we often take turns driving each other. We often make a game of it, and whoever wins doesn't have to drive. Recently it was her turn (I won) but she couldn't take me because she was out with her boyfriend. Honestly fair enough but since I had won I gave her some light teasing about it anyway about not honoring the game. She then basically said if I knew the number of times she had dropped me off back at my place only to then go to her boyfriend who lives on the other side of town... That really got me thinking, I can think of no reason for her to do this except if she didn't want to tell me she would be spending the night at her boyfriend. I wouldn't expect anyone to drive twenty minutes out of their way to drop me off. I don't know if I'm reading too much into this or what it means but it def bothers me.

Now in the interest of explaining it more fully I have to admit I find her attractive and when we first met I tried asking her on a date. She never said yes, but she never said no and experience teaches me to just take that as a no and move on. At the time I didn't really know her and expected to never see her again. However one day I was organizing to watch GoT with some friends and she heard about it through our mutual friend, invited herself along and we (me, my friends and her) basically watched Got or something else every week for years. The attraction for me was still there obviously but I wasn't going to keep trying with someone who wasn't interested. We became friends, grew close, it helps that she lives so close. She is the one who fetches me from hospital after I surgery, or after I had chemo. I def think there is a real friendship here.

Over the years we have both dated other people of course and we both always keep that part kind of separate from each other. I have never really found that really strange as I tend to keep to my girlfriends private in general until I think things are serious enough to warrant introducing her to people. However her statement about kinda hiding how after she sees me she goes to her boyfriend strikes me as odd. Recently she also asked me if I would go to her graduation as both her parents were overseas, I know it can be a big deal so I said of course. She then made a joke that she wasn't sure she wanted her boyfriend in the pictures in case they broke up and he was in all her graduation pictures (they have been dating over a year). I made a joke that we would take four sets of pictures, all of us, with her boyfriend, with me and her alone and that way their always be the right pictures down the road. She replied I must never leave her.

I'm not sure if as I say maybe I'm overthinking this whole thing. Still Id hate to think that if my attraction to her in part is the basis for the strength of our friendship or if out emotional connection keeps us from being properly emotional with the person we should be?

#24398 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

Its so hot I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.

But seriously, its hotter than satans ballsack outside.

The real satan, not the member.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#24399 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:57 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 18 June 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Its so hot I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.

But seriously, its hotter than satans ballsack outside.

The real satan, not the member.

Yeah that dudes in Norway is not going to be too over hot there. I can't comment on his ballsack though.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#24400 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostCause, on 18 June 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

I think I may have an unhealthy relationship with a female friend of mine. Which is weird because in many ways its also one of the best/healthiest relationships I have with a friend. I think we are both there for each other, emotionally supportive and get along. I really like spending time with her. However recently a few things have made me question it. We live a few streets apart so when we go to the same places we often take turns driving each other. We often make a game of it, and whoever wins doesn't have to drive. Recently it was her turn (I won) but she couldn't take me because she was out with her boyfriend. Honestly fair enough but since I had won I gave her some light teasing about it anyway about not honoring the game. She then basically said if I knew the number of times she had dropped me off back at my place only to then go to her boyfriend who lives on the other side of town... That really got me thinking, I can think of no reason for her to do this except if she didn't want to tell me she would be spending the night at her boyfriend. I wouldn't expect anyone to drive twenty minutes out of their way to drop me off. I don't know if I'm reading too much into this or what it means but it def bothers me.

Now in the interest of explaining it more fully I have to admit I find her attractive and when we first met I tried asking her on a date. She never said yes, but she never said no and experience teaches me to just take that as a no and move on. At the time I didn't really know her and expected to never see her again. However one day I was organizing to watch GoT with some friends and she heard about it through our mutual friend, invited herself along and we (me, my friends and her) basically watched Got or something else every week for years. The attraction for me was still there obviously but I wasn't going to keep trying with someone who wasn't interested. We became friends, grew close, it helps that she lives so close. She is the one who fetches me from hospital after I surgery, or after I had chemo. I def think there is a real friendship here.

Over the years we have both dated other people of course and we both always keep that part kind of separate from each other. I have never really found that really strange as I tend to keep to my girlfriends private in general until I think things are serious enough to warrant introducing her to people. However her statement about kinda hiding how after she sees me she goes to her boyfriend strikes me as odd. Recently she also asked me if I would go to her graduation as both her parents were overseas, I know it can be a big deal so I said of course. She then made a joke that she wasn't sure she wanted her boyfriend in the pictures in case they broke up and he was in all her graduation pictures (they have been dating over a year). I made a joke that we would take four sets of pictures, all of us, with her boyfriend, with me and her alone and that way their always be the right pictures down the road. She replied I must never leave her.

I'm not sure if as I say maybe I'm overthinking this whole thing. Still Id hate to think that if my attraction to her in part is the basis for the strength of our friendship or if out emotional connection keeps us from being properly emotional with the person we should be?

That sounds really tricky. Maybe you should sit her down and ask her about it? If you're as close as you say it can't be your first personal conversation, and I've found it's usually better to air such uncertainties right away rather than let them fester.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users