• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#29181 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 November 2022 - 07:39 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 20 November 2022 - 03:42 PM, said:

You're a good kid QT. You're mom was lucky to have you there with her.

^^^^^
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#29182 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 November 2022 - 07:48 PM

Dang QT I don't have words but so much love for you. I'm here for you if you need.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29183 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 November 2022 - 10:01 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss, QT. I'll bet if you gave most people the option of going on their own terms and knowing everything important has been said with their favourite people around them, they would take it. Well done your family and your mum x
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#29184 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 21 November 2022 - 07:34 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 November 2022 - 01:11 PM, said:

Last Wednesday my mom decided that she wanted to choose medically assisted dying. My sister and I went to be with her at the hospital for the last time. My uncle, and my stepdad were there.

On Wednesday night I checked with her to confirm this was indeed what she wanted. She said yes. She wanted control over when it happens VS facing a heart attack, or stroke, or pneumonia that was caused by her weakened immune system. She could no longer her move her legs, and she had multiple blood clots in her legs and lungs.

We sat with her that night till she said she wanted to rest. We stayed nearby in a hotel to be there in the morning when it was scheduled to take place.

I spent an hour with her Thursday morning, played her music she liked, told her all the things I wanted to tell her and to thank for everything she’d done for me. I cried a lot a she told me not to cry. She told my sister and I how proud she was of us.

I showed her video of my kids telling her how much they loved her and she would be their Christmas angel now (she loved Christmas), and she loudly told my phone how much she loved them back.

The doctor came in to explain what was going to happen, and in what order.

My stepdad left the room, he could not bring himself to stay. My sister stayed till mom closed her eyes asleep, but I stayed until the end and held her hand. She told me she was ready to go, but she needed someone to hold her hand, so I did that. It was hard, but she was my mom and I needed to stay with her.

My mom died at 8:25 on Thursday morning from a long battle with cancer.

I miss her intensely. I feel a great gaping hole in my life.

❤️

#29185 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 21 November 2022 - 08:49 AM

I'm sorry to hear it QT. It's nice you got that time with her, at least. Best wishes for you and your family, we're here if you need us.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#29186 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 November 2022 - 11:28 AM

Thanks all. The emotion comes in waves, but the kids and my wife are keeping me from collapsing entirely. Your support means tones.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29187 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:33 PM

Last Wednesday my mom decided that she wanted to choose medically assisted dying. My sister and I went to be with her at the hospital for the last time. My uncle, and my stepdad were there.

On Wednesday night I checked with her to confirm this was indeed what she wanted. She said yes. She wanted control over when it happens VS facing a heart attack, or stroke, or pneumonia that was caused by her weakened immune system. She could no longer her move her legs, and she had multiple blood clots in her legs and lungs.

We sat with her that night till she said she wanted to rest. We stayed nearby in a hotel to be there in the morning when it was scheduled to take place.

I spent an hour with her Thursday morning, played her music she liked, told her all the things I wanted to tell her and to thank for everything she'd done for me. I cried a lot a she told me not to cry. She told my sister and I how proud she was of us.

I showed her video of my kids telling her how much they loved her and she would be their Christmas angel now (she loved Christmas), and she loudly told my phone how much she loved them back.

My stepdad left the room, he could not bring himself to stay. My sister stayed till mom closed her eyes asleep, but I stayed until the end and held her hand. She told me she was ready to go, but she needed someone to hold her hand, so I did that. It was hard, but she was my mom and I needed to stay with her.

I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your mom, QT. I cannot begin to imagine how you're feeling. I am glad you got to tell her the things you wanted to, and that you got to cry with her at the end. She's been very lucky to have you by her side.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#29188 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 21 November 2022 - 04:19 PM

I spent an hour with her Thursday morning, played her music she liked, told her all the things I wanted to tell her and to thank for everything she'd done for me. I cried a lot a she told me not to cry. She told my sister and I how proud she was of us.

Heart breaking reading that mate, I am so sorry for you and your family. You know we are all here for you, if there is any way at all we can help, we will.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#29189 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 November 2022 - 06:11 PM

Deepest sympathy QT.
Been there, it is hard as hell, and you will never regret that you stayed til the end.
It takes time, but eventually your good memories of her will overtake some of the grief.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29190 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 22 November 2022 - 04:11 AM

There's a hole in you. You will grow around the hole then surround it with bulwark of memories and dealing with the world.

I'm sorry for your loss and you did right by her + yourself.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#29191 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 November 2022 - 08:27 PM

Not in the same league as what QT is going through but spent all last night with one of the twins in hospital. Turns out she might have bronchiolitis and tonsillitis, possibly as an after effect of having COVID a couple of weeks ago.

So tonight I'm still here. Thankfully we have a nice room, excellent staff and we're not American so this won't bankrupt us but it's still awful to go through. Grateful for my church and parents all of whom are helping massively.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29192 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 22 November 2022 - 09:30 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 22 November 2022 - 08:27 PM, said:

Not in the same league as what QT is going through but spent all last night with one of the twins in hospital. Turns out she might have bronchiolitis and tonsillitis, possibly as an after effect of having COVID a couple of weeks ago.

So tonight I'm still here. Thankfully we have a nice room, excellent staff and we're not American so this won't bankrupt us but it's still awful to go through. Grateful for my church and parents all of whom are helping massively.

I hope the little one is feeling better soon! Love from the forum.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#29193 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 23 November 2022 - 12:15 PM

Good luck, Tiste. Such a lottery in winter which little ones will really suffer with respiratory stuff. Really hope you see the back of the hospital soon.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#29194 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 23 November 2022 - 12:32 PM

Aww no, I hope your little one feels better soon. Love to you all.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#29195 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 November 2022 - 01:15 PM

That sucks a lot. I hope they mend soon. This time of year is terrible for little ones getting every virus and infection under the sun due to their fledgling immune systems. Support.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29196 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 November 2022 - 02:49 PM

The loss of Kevin Conroy (the best Batman), Jason David Frank (the best Power Ranger), and Greg Bear....is a trifecta of genre-loss that sucks even considering the other stuff going on in my life.

I was just getting used to Conroy, when word dropped that JDF had died by his own hand. So sad.

#29197 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 November 2022 - 03:39 PM

First i heard that Greg Bear passed. The man was an sf legend AND a founder of San Diego Comic-Con.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29198 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 23 November 2022 - 10:20 PM

Thanks guys, she is home now. And while both twins are still suffering a bit (coughs, snot etc) it's great that nothing worse happened.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29199 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 November 2022 - 10:43 PM

Great news!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#29200 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 November 2022 - 08:50 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 November 2022 - 02:49 PM, said:

The loss of Kevin Conroy (the best Batman), Jason David Frank (the best Power Ranger), and Greg Bear....is a trifecta of genre-loss that sucks even considering the other stuff going on in my life.

I was just getting used to Conroy, when word dropped that JDF had died by his own hand. So sad.

Our salute shall be a toot upon a knife because that scene made sense.

Green Ranger memes aside, I remember being like... 5 when Tommy first appeared and holy hell did he scare me back then. So JDF became the face of the series for me. Er, no offense, Zordon.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users