#21 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 11 October 2008 - 02:30 AM

no worries dude we had a lot of interesting stuff going on that day, so...

While everybody is sharing, I might as well too.

I was definitely put through the religion mill as a kid:

Reading the holy book on weekends. Prayer lessons immediately after school. How amazing is our religion? All the freaking time.

BTW my family are Islamic, I am not. I might have been had they got the mix right. (Un)fortunately the method of teaching was atrocious, learn things off by heart even if you do not understand what it means. It was sure to fail with me and it did. Most of the people in England do not know what they are praying to and apart from the arabic speaking world, Islamic people around the world are largely ignorant about what it is they are actually praying about.

That's the back story. Right now, I am uncertain as to exactly what my position on religion is. I am deeply interested in religion and belief and this is why I have started posting in this section.

My case was mostly one of rebellion and I guess it was just my stubborness that separated me from the pack. I honestly do not think religion should be impressed upon kids because they are not ready for it. Morals and ideals should not be left out though. Plenty of aesops fables and superhero comics and liberal doses of star wars 4,5 and 6, just to make sure we know the difference between good and bad. :lol:
souls are for wimps

#22 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:52 AM

View Postfrookenhauer, on Oct 10 2008, 10:30 PM, said:

no worries dude we had a lot of interesting stuff going on that day, so...

While everybody is sharing, I might as well too.

I was definitely put through the religion mill as a kid:

Reading the holy book on weekends. Prayer lessons immediately after school. How amazing is our religion? All the freaking time.

BTW my family are Islamic, I am not. I might have been had they got the mix right. (Un)fortunately the method of teaching was atrocious, learn things off by heart even if you do not understand what it means. It was sure to fail with me and it did. Most of the people in England do not know what they are praying to and apart from the arabic speaking world, Islamic people around the world are largely ignorant about what it is they are actually praying about.

That's the back story. Right now, I am uncertain as to exactly what my position on religion is. I am deeply interested in religion and belief and this is why I have started posting in this section.

My case was mostly one of rebellion and I guess it was just my stubborness that separated me from the pack. I honestly do not think religion should be impressed upon kids because they are not ready for it. Morals and ideals should not be left out though. Plenty of aesops fables and superhero comics and liberal doses of star wars 4,5 and 6, just to make sure we know the difference between good and bad. :lol:

Great Post Frook.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users