Malazan Empire: Wait for omnibus in U.S.? Why so expensive? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wait for omnibus in U.S.? Why so expensive?

#1 User is offline   shadow9d9 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

I am a newbie looking ahead(finishing first book of the series now). I am curious as to why these are so expensive... Are they just to make a quick buck on the diehard fans(writing may be good, but it is short)? Is there going to be a cheaper omnibus edition?

#2 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Group: Team Handsome
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

Go onto Amazon you can get second hand books for next to nothing. You will be waiting a long while for the omnibus i think chap.

I however get it every Sunday while the other half watches Beastenders.

" There, there " , i smoothly sooth, " its not actually real love " said with much back patting. " Arnie the rabbit was old and his time was up "
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#3 User is offline   shadow9d9 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:47 PM

Second hand is $30 for both books.. for only 250 pages worth.

#4 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

What books are you on about then? Apologies i assumed you ment The book of the fallen?
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#5 User is offline   shadow9d9 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

The 2 A Tale of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach are what I am referring to.. the original books I got no problem : ).

#6 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

AH! well ive not seen cheap versions of those books anywhere. Ive got Lees of Laughters end on the way and thats the 3rd installment and that was $16 or some jazz like that. They are short but they give really nice teasers and explanations into other parts of the main series that seem to be worth it.

Ive got the UK versions and im pretty sure they are the same. If there are anymore pages its very slight. Thats in answer to your other thread.

Im cheating i know.

EQ 10

#7 User is offline   shadow9d9 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

Aye, just seems a lot for such few pages.

As for the other topic, I believe Gardens of the Moon has close to 40 pages more in the UK version than the U.S. version. This was why I was asking.

#8 User is offline   ch'arlz 

• Lo-Fi Version

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:10 PM

shadow9d9;201883 said:

Aye, just seems a lot for such few pages.

They're limited editions, which have somewhat the same production costs and a premium charge paid by people with inelastic demand curves. They are short, but sweet.
Shaken, not stirred.

#9 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

They're published by a small publisher so naturally the books are going to cost of a crap load of money. You can wait for Night Shades to pick up the contract in US and maybe get a few bucks knocked off the price, but I'm not sure how well Night Shades did with the previous two stories and if they're even going to pick up the contract for the 3rd book.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#10 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

shadow9d9;201883 said:

As for the other topic, I believe Gardens of the Moon has close to 40 pages more in the UK version than the U.S. version. This was why I was asking.

That's because the Brits use all those extra u's in stuff.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#11 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:17 AM

I could hook up up with some for Free. Got all but The Healthy Dead at the moment.

#12 User is offline   jwolfbro 

• Recruit

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:21 AM

I could hook up up with some for Free. Got all but The Healthy Dead at the moment.

wait you have extras and are willing to give them away? or did I miss something?

#13 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:33 AM

ebook...

#14 User is offline   jwolfbro 

• Recruit

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:16 AM

ahh never mind then. thought you had actual physical copies of the books and wanted to give them away :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users