• You cannot reply to this topic

Where!?

#1 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Group: Team Handsome
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:29 PM

Lamentable Moll. From discussions within the book it seems it is near Theft.

I'm sure there was reference however to the Jheck invading. Nearby perhaps in Stratem. How did they get there and why are they described so different without a mention of their Soletaken forms.

Looking on the map Letheras etc is quite a while away.

That's one long old Doggy Paddle.

I can smell the wet dog smell from here!
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#2 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:02 PM

They probably aren't the same Jheck, the jheck who eventually became the soletaken wolfs we see in Letheras are specifically referenced as being members of the 1st empire infected by the soletaken ritual, but a ref from the 1st empire travels round the world suggest other encounters with a race called the jheck, so it's probable a branch of the jheck who didn't get involved with the d'ivers ritual of the first empire are the ones referred to in BF.

Theft and lamentable moll seem to be on the northern coast of koreli, just across the straits from malaz isle.

Werttheads latests work on the map clears it up pretty well: http://www.malazanempire.com/forums/showth...7422&page=4

#3 User is offline   lamatath 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:15 PM

A bit more info: The City of Lamentable Moll, according to blood follows is on the south or southeast coast of theft (because it is said to be on the other side of the island to where greymane invaded on the Northwest.

the Jheck described are said to have just conquered stygg which is "just across" the bloodwater straights on mainland korel.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users