Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What should I start with?

#1 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

So, Brood has gone, and has left me all his rare Erikson/Esslemont novellas. I have:
Fishing with Grandma Matchie;
Blood Follows;
Healthy Dead;
Devil Delivered;
Night of Knives.

Just wondering where to start right now... It's all too much at once! I need help! :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#2 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

None of them, you should send them to me :)

Nah, I'd read NoK, then the Bauchelain/Broach ones in release order. Because that's the way I want to read them, and I rock.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#3 User is offline   werewolfv2 

• OurWild.World
  • Interests:Books and photography

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:52 PM

tiste, what type of Malazan fan are you to not have read those three yet?

(I have little or no interest in the other 2 books)

#4 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:27 PM

A skint one...
At the moment I am thinking that I shall start with Night of Knives. If however someone tells me it would be chronologically better (or whatever) to read Blood Follows then Healthy dead first, I shall do so! :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

I've edited this thread for spam.
Please keep to topic :)

#6 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:00 PM

Night of Knives! Then Blood Follows and The Healthy Dead. Hell, get off the internet and read them now! Why are you even posting?! READ!!

READ!!!!!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#7 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

Tiste Simeon said:

I wouldn't... I have hired a security firm to keep them locked nice and safe. Half the firm are ninjas, and nothing get's past them.
But you didn't answer my question... Which would I be best to start with?

Are the other half pirates? The other half had better be pirates.:bear:

Read Blood Follows, then NoK, then Healthy Dead, then Fishin'... then Devil Delivered:)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#8 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

OK so I have read the Blood Follows... just a few things...

**SPOILERS!!**

Spoiler

Does anybody know when, roughly this is set, in relation to the MBOTF series? We can assume it is before MOI, due to Reese only starting with B & KB, but how long ago was it?
And who were the two rat catchers who stopped the necromancers at the end? Were they the undead?

Thanks. :)
Gonna start reading The Healthy Dead tonight! :)
And, erm... sorry for the spam Hetan... :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#9 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:13 PM

Please rearrange your post so that Graymane is mention farther away from the word 'Spoiler'... One of the characters I want to know more about being right underneath it automatically draws your eyes... And lets you know more than you wanted... Damn. Or spoiler tags please. Blast. Damn and Blast.

Damn. *sniff*

#10 User is offline   doolally2au 

• Lieutenant

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:35 AM

I have a vague notion of having just read somewhere in MOI that Mancy mentions to someone that he has been with the necromancers for 8 months.

Anyway, as everyone keeps saying, a lot of the dead in the books turn out to be not dead afterall, so maybe the same will happen with Greymane.
Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly

#11 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:01 PM

Heh. I have read Healthy Dead and have started on NOK. I like NOK a lot more because it is more in line with the MBOTF series, and similarly written as well. HD and BF were good but not much in connection to the Malazan world I have come to love and cherish... :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users