• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what IS the deal with rep?

#1 User is offline   zwitterion 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • what seriously

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:55 PM

There's a rep field in my user profile.. it's just a text box..?
IPB repping seems like a mess at the mo - AH apparently redecided to support their rep system for 2.3.x but then I guess re-redecided not to? There's iReputation which is an unknown because I can't access it without our invision login. Which I might have buried somewhere, maybe - Hetan or Mal or someone who has it on hand, wanna check that mod out and see if people think it works?

IPB 3.0's rep system looks great but I can't help feeling as a developer, that if you're putting phrases like "please let us know what you think about this feature, screenshots will be forthcoming" in your blog, you're not thinking about a release anytime soon. Elsewhere invision hints at a 4th quarter release for IPB which could be next week, and could be Christmas. All in all, I'm not into waiting for them.

So I think we should try iReputation. Failing that we're stuck without rep till IPB 3.0 - which we can only hope we won't have to pay for. I'm starting to like vBulletin more n more..

#2 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

View Postzwitterion, on Oct 1 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

There's a rep field in my user profile.. it's just a text box..?
IPB repping seems like a mess at the mo - AH apparently redecided to support their rep system for 2.3.x but then I guess re-redecided not to? There's iReputation which is an unknown because I can't access it without our invision login. Which I might have buried somewhere, maybe - Hetan or Mal or someone who has it on hand, wanna check that mod out and see if people think it works?

IPB 3.0's rep system looks great but I can't help feeling as a developer, that if you're putting phrases like "please let us know what you think about this feature, screenshots will be forthcoming" in your blog, you're not thinking about a release anytime soon. Elsewhere invision hints at a 4th quarter release for IPB which could be next week, and could be Christmas. All in all, I'm not into waiting for them.

So I think we should try iReputation. Failing that we're stuck without rep till IPB 3.0 - which we can only hope we won't have to pay for. I'm starting to like vBulletin more n more..

yep, the rep that you see is just a custom profile field, created by me :) You could put anything at all in there :thumbsup:

tried to follow the iReputation link, registered, etc, then it said the link was broken, then I searched under 'iReputation' and I got one thread and one thread only, in which most of the posts were like 'you do not have permission to distribute that! remove it now or I will contact your host!' and became frightened. If you think that this 'iReputation' is the rational way forward, I'm happy to take your word for it and provide you with the invision login if that will help (PM will be sent soon).

However, I don't want you to become disillusioned/discouraged because we're depending on you for more than is reasonable, which I fear may become the situation. You're basically the only guy who has the relevant skills that also keeps in communication about what they're doing and what sort of issues they're encountering while still making progress. Basically a unique entity in this place, so take your time and awesome work so far! :)

#3 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

I would also like to add my encouragement and support to you for everything, and also to say GOOD FREAKING JOB!!!!

~ahem, that is all
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#4 User is offline   zwitterion 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • what seriously

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

thanks guys. cheers for doing the leg work on iRep mal i guess we don't get rep till 3.0. hard to believe people wouldn't want that a little more.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users