• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#18041 User is offline   Bapop 

• Lord of the Dining Tray
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:45 AM

Had a realtor over to reevaluate my flat. Despite the housing-market in Stockholm being a nightmare it seems girlfriend and I have a shot at upgrading to a three-room-flat come autumn. A home office (or just separate kitchen) would really help our quality of life after a year of both of us working from home.
"I will live forever or die trying"

#18042 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 June 2021 - 05:50 AM

View PostBapop, on 06 June 2021 - 08:45 AM, said:

Had a realtor over to reevaluate my flat. Despite the housing-market in Stockholm being a nightmare it seems girlfriend and I have a shot at upgrading to a three-room-flat come autumn. A home office (or just separate kitchen) would really help our quality of life after a year of both of us working from home.

We've just done the exact same thing in Oslo. I can't wait to have a dedicated home office room.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#18043 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:15 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 07 June 2021 - 05:50 AM, said:

We've just done the exact same thing in Oslo. I can't wait to have a dedicated gaming room.

FTFY. ;)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18044 User is offline   Bapop 

• Lord of the Dining Tray

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:35 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 07 June 2021 - 07:15 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 07 June 2021 - 05:50 AM, said:

We've just done the exact same thing in Oslo. I can't wait to have a dedicated gaming room.

FTFY. ;)

Not to mention making way for more bookshelves Posted Image
"I will live forever or die trying"

#18045 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 07 June 2021 - 03:05 PM

Oh man I'm so looking forward to having our proper desk built for the office area, and the bookshelf behind it

#18046 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 08 June 2021 - 06:18 PM

So my Granda died like 18/19 years ago.
There's plenty of photos of him about, and great anecdotes and stories, he was a character.

But he lived in a time before camera phones in everyone's hands and even video cameras being that big of a deal.

Now I don't know if this was known and forgotten about or not commonly known, but he did a tiny interview for Irish television in 1965, on the subject of farming naturally.
Someone really randomly came across this in some kind of digital archive and shared it with the family.
I nearly cried

#18047 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 June 2021 - 06:33 PM

View PostMacros, on 08 June 2021 - 06:18 PM, said:

So my Granda died like 18/19 years ago.
There's plenty of photos of him about, and great anecdotes and stories, he was a character.

But he lived in a time before camera phones in everyone's hands and even video cameras being that big of a deal.

Now I don't know if this was known and forgotten about or not commonly known, but he did a tiny interview for Irish television in 1965, on the subject of farming naturally.
Someone really randomly came across this in some kind of digital archive and shared it with the family.
I nearly cried

Aww yeah, that would have been a lovely thing to come across for the memories of the man.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18048 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:59 PM

Winter is Coming.

Colorado has first litter of gray wolf pups in 80 years

*link is to thehill.com.

#18049 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 June 2021 - 01:12 PM

Site is back up! Woot Woot!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18050 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 June 2021 - 01:31 PM

It's all witchcraft.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#18051 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 17 June 2021 - 01:35 PM

The site is back up!
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#18052 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:34 PM

Ukraine wins a Euros game for the first time since 2012.

We're not even close to being through yet, but as someone who watched all 3 2:0 losses live in 2016.... I'm very pleased with the progress the team made. Even if we did drop points folishly in the Netherlands game.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#18053 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:01 PM

Lumber prices have 'plummeted'... and mortgage (interest) rates continue going down.

Internet based on quantum entanglement beckons. More generally looks like I may not have jumped the gun by too far by investing in quantum computing---at least relative to the amounts that others, including governments, are now investing (quantum computing arms race between US and China, with Germany trying to catch up by way of IBM? wonderful, and they're not even developing weapons of mass destruction (or at least of mass murder... so far... IDK that quantum machine learning would help all that much with killer AI, though it might excel at designing new pathogens, etc.)).

Meanwhile, I've been spared from potentially spending hours scouring my apartment for the new SIM card I was going to use... after realizing smartphone hardware has progressed to the point where a virtual 'eSIM card' can be used with my smartphone instead.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 17 June 2021 - 09:03 PM

#18054 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 June 2021 - 05:13 PM

Little break in the oppressive heat today. Was glad for it because I wasn't looking forward to mowing the lawn and doing yard work in that.

#18055 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 June 2021 - 05:53 PM

DND night baby.

Starting a new modernish post apocalyptic campaign with my Chonurgy Wizard, Collins.

Yassss
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#18056 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 June 2021 - 01:58 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 19 June 2021 - 05:53 PM, said:

DND night baby.

Starting a new modernish post apocalyptic campaign with my Chonurgy Wizard, Collins.

Yassss

Oh you must mean Chronurgy.

Chonurgy would be more Chaos + Con (= Drumpfjesus is Magich?...).

#18057 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:16 AM

'Artificial intelligence speeds forecasts to control fusion experiments

[...] By optimizing the heating and shaping of the plasma scientists will be able to more effectively study key aspects of the development of burning plasmas—largely self-heating fusion reactions—that will be critical for [...] future fusion reactors.

[...]

"This is a step toward what we should do to optimize the actuators," [...]

[...] Reproducing fusion energy on Earth would create a virtually inexhaustible supply of safe and clean power to generate electricity.

"While physics-based models [...] exist," he said, "they are not appropriate for real-time decision making. They take way too long to calculate and are not as accurate as we need them to be."

[...]

The machine learning model addresses both issues. "It has learned to make predictions from thousands of observed profiles in the PPPL tokamaks and has made associations between combinations of inputs and outputs of actual data," [...] Once trained, the model takes less than one thousandth of a second to evaluate. The speed of the resulting model could make it useful for many real-time applications'

https://phys.org/new...nce-fusion.html

'One key area of interest is how quantum computers might affect machine learning. We recently demonstrated experimentally that quantum computers are able to naturally solve certain problems with complex correlations between inputs that can be incredibly hard for traditional, or "classical", computers. This suggests that learning models made on quantum computers may be dramatically more powerful for select applications, potentially boasting faster computation, better generalization on less data, or both. Hence it is of great interest to understand in what situations such a "quantum advantage" might be achieved.

[...] There are a number of algorithms for which quantum computers are suspected to have overwhelming advantages, such as [...] the quantum simulation of quantum systems.

[...]
We show that learning algorithms equipped with data from a quantum process, such as a natural process like fusion or chemical reactions, form a new class of problems (which we call BPP/Samp) that can efficiently perform some tasks that traditional algorithms without data cannot'

https://www.googblog...-power-of-data/

Quantum computing -> quantum machine learning -> fusion....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 25 June 2021 - 05:19 AM

#18058 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:23 AM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 25 June 2021 - 03:16 AM, said:

Quantum computing -> quantum machine learning -> fusion....

Attached File(s)

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18059 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:44 PM

Not that anyone noticed I was gone but I've logged back into the forum for the first time in a few weeks.

I hear the place had a meltdown in my absence. I'm not saying the two are linked, but...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18060 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 June 2021 - 03:30 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 June 2021 - 09:44 PM, said:

Not that anyone noticed I was gone but I've logged back into the forum for the first time in a few weeks.

I hear the place had a meltdown in my absence. I'm not saying the two are linked, but...

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 964 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users