• You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#18281 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 October 2021 - 02:45 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 15 October 2021 - 09:07 PM, said:

My mom got diagnosed with stage 1 lung cancer BUT they were able to successfully remove it all through a lobectomy, and no chemo!!! My birthday is on Sunday, and this news was the best birthday gift I could get!

Yaaaaaaah!

Happy birthday and cheers to your mother as she recovers.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#18282 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:56 PM

I did a transport leg for Britta, the Aussie Cattle Dog going to her long term foster home.

She almost got a chicken wing bone in the grassy field we walked in during a break.

I think images have been turned off on this board bc I've tried so many things to upload a picture of her. Ended up doing this Imgur link. Sorry all. I tried.

https://imgur.com/jQByS6S
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#18283 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 October 2021 - 12:55 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 15 October 2021 - 09:07 PM, said:

My mom got diagnosed with stage 1 lung cancer BUT they were able to successfully remove it all through a lobectomy, and no chemo!!! My birthday is on Sunday, and this news was the best birthday gift I could get!

Amazing news, and Happy Birthday!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18284 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 October 2021 - 03:45 PM

Autumn leaves rustling down the street on a dark and spooky late October night. Gets me every time.

#18285 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 October 2021 - 02:07 PM

Applied for a set of new positions that opened up at the library, as a team leader in library logistics. Immediately got an invite for a meeting in two weeks.

I love working with materials and logistics, so this is pretty much a dream for me. First job interview where I feel like I am actually perfect for a position.

#18286 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 October 2021 - 03:37 PM

View PostAptorian, on 25 October 2021 - 02:07 PM, said:

Applied for a set of new positions that opened up at the library, as a team leader in library logistics. Immediately got an invite for a meeting in two weeks.

I love working with materials and logistics, so this is pretty much a dream for me. First job interview where I feel like I am actually perfect for a position.

Is this the position where you travel around the world seeking rare books and competing w ruthless private collectors and occasionally yelling at them that the book belongs in a library and they respond that it belongs to them, and the exchange happens on top of a moving train? Do you routinely have to sex book dealers and ruthless book hunting mercenaries? Do you get cool fake librarian full face masks?

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#18287 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:40 PM

A librarian never tells.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 25 October 2021 - 04:40 PM

#18288 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 October 2021 - 06:55 PM

View PostAbyss, on 25 October 2021 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 25 October 2021 - 02:07 PM, said:

Is this the position where you travel around the world seeking rare books and competing w ruthless private collectors and occasionally yelling at them that the book belongs in a library and they respond that it belongs to them, and the exchange happens on top of a moving train? Do you routinely have to sex book dealers and ruthless book hunting mercenaries? Do you get cool fake librarian full face masks?

View PostAptorian, on 25 October 2021 - 04:40 PM, said:

A librarian never tells.

KNEW IT.

The book eating bug robots thing that went down in the Library of Congress back in February with the quake and the meteors and all the sandwiches... that was you, wasn't it?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#18289 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:53 AM

Don't be absurd. You're not allowed to bring sandwiches into the library.

#18290 User is offline   Dutch 

• Bridgeburner
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen, American Football, Quick Ben

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:37 PM

Started a 4 day weekend at 5 pm today.

My parents are coming over tomorrow for my Birthday and my new little "sister" is coming too.

Our Luna has already met her and they are totally crazy about each other, can't tell which one was wagging her tail the fastest
Sappers have a saying, he muttered. "Wide eyed stupid"

#18291 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 October 2021 - 05:03 PM

Happy Halloween/Samhain you heathen animals. Make your scarifies count. A fertile growing season next year depends on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This night anything goes!

Posted Image

#18292 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 29 October 2021 - 05:39 PM

SEPTA (public transport) workers voted to go on strike when their contract expires at midnight on Halloween night without a new deal... but a new deal was reached.

If I don't find a random hookup at the party who's willing to have sex with masks on (really I should just go on Tinder for this) then the bus will almost certainly be more entertaining than an Uber.

#18293 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:09 PM

Just got a call that I can have the apartment I applied for (and really, really liked). It's perfect for me. Perfect size, checks all my "must haves", rent is fine, house is on the new side and well looked after, area is super quiet but with good public transport service around the corner. Direct bus connection to my work place (I have to change transport twice one way atm). Landlady insists on only having single people living in each apartment, which does seem a bit weird, but hey, at least it's quiet. Moving in on the first of Dec. So excited!

This post has been edited by Puck: 31 October 2021 - 04:10 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#18294 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:11 PM

Yay! Congrats Puck!
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#18295 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:31 PM

View PostPuck, on 31 October 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

Just got a call that I can have the apartment I applied for (and really, really liked). It's perfect for me. Perfect size, checks all my "must haves", rent is fine, house is on the new side and well looked after, area is super quiet but with good public transport service around the corner. Direct bus connection to my work place (I have to change transport twice one way atm). Landlady insists on only having single people living in each apartment, which does seem a bit weird, but hey, at least it's quiet. Moving in on the first of Dec. So excited!

I take it your mum is not moving with you? ;)

This is great news Puck we'll all pop over for the house warming party!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18296 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 31 October 2021 - 11:50 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 31 October 2021 - 05:31 PM, said:

View PostPuck, on 31 October 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

I take it your mum is not moving with you? ;)

This is great news Puck we'll all pop over for the house warming party!

Hahahah... No. Bitch stole wine from me today and I'm just over this whole thing. Wrong thread, but basically, I have a small collection of wine (a lot of which I got for free at my previous job, but there's expensive stuff, since it was a reseller of premium wine) and have told her she can take some bottle if she wants to, but explicitly asked her to ask me beforehand as there were some bottles the design of which I loved and was going to turn into home decoration once empty. Well, guess what, not only did she not ask (as she used to a year or so ago), she took the bottles she explicitly knew I wanted to keep AND refuses to bring back the empty bottles so I can at least do what I meant to with them to begin with. Like, I can't drink more than one glass of anything that includes alcohol anyway, I'm not stingy about the wine itself, but I still considered them MY property that I asked her to only use after asking first.

That's after she borrowed money from me yet again.

You cannot believe the range of emotions I went through today between wanting to smash something because of the repeated break of trust (my wine collection has halved while I wasn't paying attention and there's NO way to get some of those bottles back, they're flat out not sold here) to getting the call that I can have the appartment I really wanted.

Also, naturally, you are invited :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by Puck: 31 October 2021 - 11:58 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#18297 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 November 2021 - 01:26 AM

Dang I think you need to stop lending her money...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18298 User is online   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 01 November 2021 - 01:37 AM

That’s awesome news Puck!!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#18299 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 November 2021 - 02:33 AM

Facebook reminded me that 11 years ago I went to see the 49ers play the Broncos in London with Toby/Greg/Thelomen Toblerone. That was a great day!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18300 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 November 2021 - 03:10 AM

Party chez Puck!

I'll bring the llama dip.