• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Deal With Purgatory

#1 User is offline   zwitterion 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • what seriously

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:16 AM

Well we had such good intentions, all of purgatory's posts could have been merged in here at the flick of a few switches, but apparently it was not to be. Access to purgatory's database, and the old vBulletin license has not been forthcoming, and the admins have apparently decided that rather than wait for them to forthcome, we should just get things moving over here and try and forget the whole experience. So here we are!

I'm going to look into ways to fold some of the threads or rep from purg into this board as time allows but without direct access to its database there might not be much that's doable. Anyway, make yourselves at home.

#2 User is online   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:40 AM

Thanks man. I hope that you can do something with it, but if you can't, that's OK, not your fault, obviously.

Talk to Hetan if you need access to the database. I'm not sure what's happening with the old one, as Rake was the only one with access to that, so it might not be possible.....

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#3 User is offline   zwitterion 

• Sergeant
  • what seriously

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

Also I've replaced all the malazanworld redirections on malazanempire.com now so our little world here is at least internally consistent but if anyone has bookmarks set at 'world they may remain confused for a while since i don't have access to that server. (or the database on that server. or the vbulletin login info for the forum on that server. all of which is frustrating. just sayin.)
Oh and admins over at the malazanworld forum can probably take that board offline. Plus they should give me admin rights.

#4 User is offline   zwitterion 

• Sergeant
  • what seriously

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

And I've just shut down the old forums for good.
(admins will still be able to see it)
(also turns out that the db was downloadable from the admin section so that's awesome although we're still without merge tools for lack of a license login)

#5 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

Howdy-do. Is there any way to get the info from the "Malazan Pick'em Football" thread over to this new forum, since that game was ongoing but was started whilst in purgatory? Thanks for the effort!
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#6 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

What information are you looking for, Shin? I've copied your first post from that thread, but if there's anything else you'd like let me know.
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users