"You're like a big bear Dev!"

#21 User is offline   Osric 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Books, Games, Programming, Beer, Women, Movies

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:57 AM

View PostJude, on Oct 15 2008, 03:12 AM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Aug 25 2008, 06:31 PM, said:

I don't think those statues really made contact. If their impact destroyed! the moon, then the impact of those 12(?) jade statues would have had a massive affect on Wu.

Ok yeah what's the deal there. I was under the impression that the moon was destroyed by the Jade statues too...

only in RG it's back, and then in TtH it gets destroyed again because moons being destroyed is hardcore!

is there more than one moon in Wu? Is THAT what I'm missing here?

That's actually a good question, how many moons are there? I cant find it mentioned right now.. Someone now?
Besides, if the moon is destroyed, wouldnt that have a very bad effect on the world? Im not very good at all this but Im pretty sure earth would be liveless if it wasnt for the moon.

edit
Alright that's not entirely true, did some research and the moon in earth's case was basically a foreign object. However it does really affect the tides and sea levels and climate. If the moon would dissapear our entire climat would change, seasons wouldnt exist and our idea of an equator would be gone. It also has a serious effect on evolution and animal and plant life. Basically, if the moon dissapeared for earth, all life would change in a lot of significant ways. So I wonder if any of this would happen on Wu? If theres more moons or if SE has thought all this through before exploding the moon? :p

This post has been edited by Osric: 15 October 2008 - 08:10 AM

Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.
-Bult

#22 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

Seeing how Wu is bound to continue (see the clues of Grub as the new Sword of the Empire) after The Crippled God ends, I doubt Burn will wake up fully, since that would more or less mean an Apocalypse. More likely, Burn's able to do cool stuff in her dreams... like summon protection for Dev.

As a sidenote: if Burn were to wake up and this would destroy or reset the world through flood and earthquakes, wouldn't the apocalypse mean that the Mhybe, who's sleeping in a tomb on Wu after all, will also perish, taking the Beast Warren with her? That could be one nasty chain reaction if there are multiple sleeping warren-dreaming women on Wu...
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#23 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

And what if K'rul was taking a piss at the time Burn woke up? Loads of other warrens would be fucked as well!

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#24 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

View PostOsric, on Oct 15 2008, 07:57 AM, said:

View PostJude, on Oct 15 2008, 03:12 AM, said:

I don't think those statues really made contact. If their impact destroyed! the moon, then the impact of those 12(?) jade statues would have had a massive affect on Wu.

Ok yeah what's the deal there. I was under the impression that the moon was destroyed by the Jade statues too...

only in RG it's back, and then in TtH it gets destroyed again because moons being destroyed is hardcore!

That's actually a good question, how many moons are there? I cant find it mentioned right now.. Someone now?
Besides, if the moon is destroyed, wouldnt that have a very bad effect on the world? Im not very good at all this but Im pretty sure earth would be liveless if it wasnt for the moon.

I feel like it was talked about in TtH, and that there are three moons... *shrugs*
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#25 User is offline   Epiph 

• High Fist

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

View PostJude, on Oct 14 2008, 08:12 PM, said:

I think the moon was hit in RG, but didn't fall apart until TtH.
<--angry purple ball of yarn wielding crochet hooks. How does that fail to designate my sex?

#26 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

View PostEpiph, on Oct 15 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

View PostJude, on Oct 14 2008, 08:12 PM, said:

I think the moon was hit in RG, but didn't fall apart until TtH.

Maybe whatever that spider goddess and Pust's loving wife did to Mappo with the moon combined with the Jade Giants onslaught weakened it enough to allow whoever freed the Hounds of Light to shatter it to do so....
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#27 User is offline   Jude 

• Jude
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

hahah whoa wait! the moon breaking in TtH was related to the HoL showing up? Now I'm super confused.

#28 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

View PostJude, on Oct 15 2008, 09:46 PM, said:

hahah whoa wait! the moon breaking in TtH was related to the HoL showing up? Now I'm super confused.

Maybe I'm remembering things wrong, but it seemed to me that the moon breaking was related to the Hounds of Light showing up. Perhaps what the Spider Goddess did in RG allowed Pallid and Lock to escape, and then something happened to shatter the moon and let the rest of them go. Anyway, that's how I read it.

#29 User is offline   zwitterion 

• Sergeant
  • what seriously

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:45 AM

well the bear was pretty torn up, but then dev captured its soul in that nifty little knife of hers.

cut to inside dev's knife, the creaking of ropes hangs in the still air under a slightly overcast sky. souls of creatures from three continents and at least 20 years are straining forward, pulling what seems to be a gigantic shopping from which rises the pipe smoke of souls that have become too weary, and needed a smoke break.
"she must needs capture more souls if we are to last" muttered the plains spirit as (s)he leaned forward against the rope
"RAAAWWWWR," said the bear
the plains spirit cast dull eyes back the way the cart had come towards the roiling mass that pursued them
"we are slowing. that gate of Miscommunication is not"
-years later- samar dev stood in the middle of the village main street. her posture suggested she had been waiting. the headless corpse of a cat lay at her feet. Raest paused for a minute and then set his shoulders
"do not stand in my way, please."
wordlessly, dev widened her stance, and raised the knife in both hands. To the onlookers, a pair of drunks just exiting a tavern on the street, the fight was a blur. When the figures had stopped moving for long enough for them to focus, they saw the woman lying in the dust, knife jutting from her forhead. the monster zombie had dropped his sword and was kneeling a few paces away near the mangled cat. he raised his tusked face to the sky and let loose a bestial sigh, filled with such impossible exasperation that the mortal onlookers were shaken into stumbling home..

#30 User is offline   jonny_anonymous 

• Blind Jester of High House Shadow
  • Interests:Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Comics, Horror, Games, Movies, Reading.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:29 AM

I had just presumed that the Bear God was there on behalf of High House War\Beast Hold. Like similar to how other gods had sent their champions to the convergence to further their aims.
“You make worlds, worlds inside your head and worlds outside,
but only the one inside counts for anything.
It’s where you find peace,
acceptance.
Worth.”

#31 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:39 PM

Re; the moon. I'm pretty sure it was damaged, but not destroyed in tBH. And as for Mogora's spider-ritual, and comments that she didn't actually move the moon, (while conceding that she could have. But that would be very bad)
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#32 User is offline   Felisin Fatter 

• Captain

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:35 AM

Does anyone know a page number for the meeting with the bear god? I want to know it's exact name (Okral something, right?) and who calls it that. Or perhaps someone has an e-book and could search for 'Okral'?

#33 User is offline   Felisin Fatter 

• Captain

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

Never mind, I found it. It's called 'De nek okral', Imass words that come to Samar Dev intuitively. According to Traveler it means: short nose plainsbear. Though it is not a plains bear as they know them, but a much faster, much larger ancestor that is long extinct.

#34 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

It's Grizzlyin Farl.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#35 User is offline   FlynntMillit 

• Recruit

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

The moon has looked weird for a few books now (even in RG i think) which was it in the process of breaking up I believe.

The last time i saw a moon explode it ripped apart the known world and caused the gods to leave... Well for awhile.

#36 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:23 PM

View Postjonny_anonymous, on 20 October 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

I had just presumed that the Bear God was there on behalf of High House War\Beast Hold. Like similar to how other gods had sent their champions to the convergence to further their aims.

On my latest re-read of TtH it occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, Caladan Brood (who also serves BURN) was behind having the De nek okral help Samar Dev. There was something that Endest Silann says about Brood that got me thinking about it; something about his ability to get people to act on his behalf. Brood may have disbanded his army, but it's plausible the warlord would ask certain powerful individuals to act on his behalf to insure his promise to Rake.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users