Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The malazan encyclopedia needs YOU!

#1 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

The malazan wiki has undergone something of an update, changing address so now it has the right spelling of encyclopedia, and updating the software.

As a result of this software update the encyclopedia is much more secure, and much easier to use off the bat, so I figure it's time to start recruiting in earnest.

Now I know lots of you frequently look at the encyclopedia, but haven't signed up as you don't have the time to add stuff, but I'm not asking for people to put in a sustained effort, just sign up so if you do decide to add something you can, and feel free to edit any little mistakes you find.

The signing up process is pretty easy, go to http://my.pbwiki.com and sign up, and send me an email telling me who you are and what email address you used to sign up. Then I add you and you can edit the pbwiki to your hearts content (Though if you abuse it your access can be quickly and easily removed and your changes reversed).

The new wiki will be much more heavily linked to the new website when we update it to the new version created by fellow_traveller for which he should shortly recieve the K&B anthology.

#2 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:31 PM

I've sent you an email via the wiki (i hope).

I'd be happy to do some editing when i have some spare time, and most likely when i am doing any re-reads. Considering i didn't spot any wavy red lines beside any character names (like there was previously), it looks like you've already done a lot of tidying up thus far. Will be happy to help out if i can.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#3 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:22 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on Aug 17 2008, 02:08 PM, said:

The signing up process is pretty easy, go to http://mypbwiki.com and sign up, and send me an email telling me who you are and what

Am I being dumb? I can't for the life of me see how to sign up on that site!
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#4 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:13 AM

I believe the real address is my.pbwiki.com, if that helps... There's a registration link in the top corner, if I remember rightly.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#5 User is offline   Eleint 

• Recruit

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:32 AM

Any reason this isn't openly editable? In my extremely naive opinion, this would greatly promote the usage and fleshing out of the wiki. I don't really see any significant reasons not to. Also, I'm interested in signing up, I think I emailed someone a long time ago and didn't get a response.
Listen then, to these words carried on that breath.
These tales are the tales of us all, again yet again.
We are history relived and that is all, without end that is all.

~Steven Erikson

#6 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain
  • Interests:Reading and Writing pretty much dominate this section.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

Ok, I got a PBwiki account (using same name I have here) and now I'm supposed to email and inform Imperial Historian, right? Well, I tried emailing and I got an error :/ Could someone, I don't know, help? Maybe I've already been cleared but I don't think so.
The world needs hypocrites...unfortunate but true.

#7 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

View PostTheSurvivor, on 23 July 2010 - 08:21 PM, said:

Ok, I got a PBwiki account (using same name I have here) and now I'm supposed to email and inform Imperial Historian, right? Well, I tried emailing and I got an error :/ Could someone, I don't know, help? Maybe I've already been cleared but I don't think so.

Go to the Encyclopedia Malazica front page. There should be on the right hand side a little banner saying "To join this workspace, request access. " Click the request access link and it should take you to a notification thingy that should work. If that also doesn't work, then we need to contact tech support!

If all else fails, PM Imperial Historian on here and he'll probably have an alternate means as well.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#8 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, I did that and got accepted but I was under the impression I had to email IH before making any changes. Sounds like I am wrong in this respect.

#9 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:36 AM

View PostTheSurvivor, on 23 July 2010 - 11:58 PM, said:

Yeah, I did that and got accepted but I was under the impression I had to email IH before making any changes. Sounds like I am wrong in this respect.

Oh no, not at all. Anyone who is registered and has access should be able to edit pages. If I'm not mistaken, regular members should be able to create new pages, too, though you need full-editor permissions to do some things, like edit page titles, in which case contacting IH (or me, or Brood, or Dolorous Menhir) is the way to go.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#10 User is offline   TheSurvivor 

• Captain

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:10 AM

Guess I'll go ahead and start destroying years of work - jk of course. Let's see what I can do then.

#11 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

I have full access so if you need anything doing and IH isn't around you can send me a pm.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users