Malazan Empire: Star Wars v Star Trek - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars v Star Trek

Poll: Star Wars v Star Trek (76 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Star Wars (53 votes [69.74%])

Percentage of vote: 69.74%

2. Star Trek (23 votes [30.26%])

Percentage of vote: 30.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is offline   RangerSG 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Babylon 5 over both.

#42 User is offline   Soulessdreamer 

• Fist
  • Location:Hill of Bitter Memories, the City of Sails, in the Land of the Long White Cloud
  • Interests:Sword fighting, HEMA, roleplaying, reading (fantasy and sci fi), weapons and Gaming (PC and Xbox)

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

frookenhauer, on Aug 8 2008, 06:57 AM, said:

I only started watching TNG during the 2nd series or something. but there was some excellent episodes.
Spoiler

Frook you just described what I consider to be one of the worst episodes trek ever made I mean they completely fucked up there own plot at the end ruining what could have been a mildly descent story.

While I enjoy both universes; based on storytelling my write in vote is for Babylon 5, even with crusade it never got as shit as trek or thr SW prequels.

TTFN

This post has been edited by Soulessdreamer: 23 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Imagine a world without such souls.
Yes, it should have been harder to do.

#43 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

Hmmm. Is this a thread where we discuss which series is better/the most entertaining/produced better/has better writting/characters...

Or is this a thread where we discuss who would kick each others ass'es?

Because the we could just jump forward to the great Deathstar vs Borg cluster discussion

(Borg wins every time)

#44 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

Aptorian, on Feb 23 2009, 05:23 PM, said:

Hmmm. Is this a thread where we discuss which series is better/the most entertaining/produced better/has better writting/characters...

Or is this a thread where we discuss who would kick each others ass'es?

Because the we could just jump forward to the great Deathstar vs Borg cluster discussion

(Borg wins every time)

Of course... and not only because the Borg can pool their midichlorians and force-zap any Death-star right past the Rishi maze...
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#45 User is offline   Soulessdreamer 

• Fist
  • Location:Hill of Bitter Memories, the City of Sails, in the Land of the Long White Cloud
  • Interests:Sword fighting, HEMA, roleplaying, reading (fantasy and sci fi), weapons and Gaming (PC and Xbox)

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

Have you noticed that with star wars the less jedi the better the film?

TTFN

#46 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

Soulessdreamer, on Feb 23 2009, 05:25 PM, said:

TTFN

Not necessarily... RoTJ had one less than tESB
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#47 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

Attached File  1234039409809.jpg (28.5K)
Number of downloads: 16

#48 User is offline   Soulessdreamer 

• Fist

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

Skywalker, on Feb 24 2009, 01:06 AM, said:

Soulessdreamer, on Feb 23 2009, 05:25 PM, said:

TTFN

Not necessarily... RoTJ had one less than tESB

Empire had 1 yoda, return had 2 yoda and luke.

Also the point of the original trilogy seemed to be if you want ultimate power get gakked while luke is watching then you ascend.

TTFN

#49 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:45 AM

Raymond Luxury Yacht, on Aug 7 2008, 02:51 AM, said:

Star Wars, of course. Although Lucas is doing his best to ruin the legacy.

We are all dorks.

In light of the weakness of the new Star Wars trilogy, compared to the pure WIN of the new Star Trek movie, I am forced to flip-flop and declare Star Trek the winner.
Error: Signature not valid

#50 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

quite honestly, Firefly pwns both hard and I don't really feel like giving a vote to either one.
however, I guess I have to ;)
DS9 > TNG > rest. kirk sucks.

anyway, Swars has one mighty advantage over Trek... star wars games simply rock, while every trekkie attempt at making a game failed miserably... so I'll have to go with Star Wars
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#51 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

Gothos, on Jul 18 2009, 12:56 PM, said:

quite honestly, Firefly pwns both hard and I don't really feel like giving a vote to either one.
however, I guess I have to ;)
DS9 > TNG > rest. kirk sucks.

anyway, Swars has one mighty advantage over Trek... star wars games simply rock, while every trekkie attempt at making a game failed miserably... so I'll have to go with Star Wars

lego star wars ftw!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#52 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

Gothos, on Jul 18 2009, 11:56 AM, said:

quite honestly, Firefly pwns both hard and I don't really feel like giving a vote to either

Before watching firefly i would have said your were f'in crazy. Now, I still wouldnt put it ahead of the original trilogy, but I'd take Mal & co. over the new ones.

;)
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#53 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:26 AM

The other STAR whatever shall never be better than WARS, despite how many better movies they put out now. New Trek better than New SW. Old SW > The combined universe of cool absent Star Wars.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#54 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

I grew up on Star Trek novels. I loved the original crew and movies even if the old TV shows were ultra-corny. Next Generation was enjoyable, but outside the show, the movies weren't anything special, and I never got into the books. Everything that came after was just crap circling the drain. I loved every minute of the new movie, but at the same time, it was incredibly, insultingly stupid, plot-wise.

If forced, I'd have to cast my vote for Star Wars, because I'm an EU junkie. The work that LucasFilm Licensing has done to try and keep all comics/movies/novels/games/etc. in a single continuity gives the SW universe a coherency that the Trek franchise has always lacked. I love it when Trekkies complain about continuity errors in new Trek movies/shows -- there is no consistent Trek continuity! (Remember that great Trek novel, Strangers From the Sky? Or Federation? Both completely invalidated by First Contact. Such is life for a Trek novel reader.) But Star Wars literature actually expands the history of the SW universe back tens of thousands of years and hundreds of years into the future. Heck, bragging rights come easy when you've got Matthew Stover and Karen Traviss writing within your franchise. Yes, Lucas' prequel movies are pretty dumb, but quite unlike Trek, there's far more to the SW franchise than the movies.

</nerd>
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#55 User is offline   lobo the wolfman 

• Wide Eyed Stupid
  • Interests:Beer, books and heavy metal.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

I would have to say Star Wars for me. I always found Star Trek to be boring. I've seen all of the movies and they have all put me to sleep, expect for the new one which was pretty cool. And i never understood how any one could find Kirk so awesome, i just don't get.
In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users