Malazan Empire: Ultra Super Villains - Who's your money on? - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ultra Super Villains - Who's your money on?

Poll: Ultra Super Villains - Who's your money on? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Apocalypse (9 votes [16.36%])

Percentage of vote: 16.36%

2. Crippled God, The (10 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Darkseid (4 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

4. Devil, The (5 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

5. Emperor Palpatine (3 votes [5.45%])

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

6. Galactus (12 votes [21.82%])

Percentage of vote: 21.82%

7. Magneto (5 votes [9.09%])

8. Unicron (2 votes [3.64%])

Percentage of vote: 3.64%

9. Unlisted - Post Name (5 votes [9.09%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:04 AM

Illuyankas;365671 said:

Galactus did survive the death of his old universe, you know. Mr. Immortal will be doing the same in the current Marvel universe. And Mongul was a ripoff of Thanos was a ripoff of Darkseid. It's quite funny.

Good point. Galactus is a bad mofo.

Though his choice of colors is a little too girlie for me :)

#22 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:15 PM

Galactus was my first choice too and while pink and blue was not the best choice, he still managed to seem menacing, might have something to do with his enormous headgear and the fact that he wanted to suck earth dry. he may have survived the death of his old universe, but weren't the one who swallowed it.

I now eagerly await a true transformers fan ( :) ) to come forward and pick Unicron.
souls are for wimps

#23 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

Why would I choose my nemesis as the baddest villain? You silly goose.

#24 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

Pfft, you were dead while Unicron was swanning about eating moons and Death Stars. Besides, Megatron's your nemesis, just as Galvatron is Suckimus Prime's.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#25 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

Optimus Prime;366301 said:

Why would I choose my nemesis as the baddest villain? You silly goose.

Somehow I think that the answers in there somewhere :)
souls are for wimps

#26 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:38 AM

Elder God from "Legacy of Kain" series.
That twisted soul-devouring squid led to civilization to their doom, organised 3 genocides from behind the scenes and manipulated history for millenia before anyone caught on to him.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#27 User is offline   SilentHunter 

• I hate silence!!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:32 AM

doomsday in superman series!!............Doomsday beat the hell outta DarkSeid
and fav indian villain Mogambo!

#28 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

Mentalist;367202 said:

Elder God from "Legacy of Kain" series.
That twisted soul-devouring squid led to civilization to their doom, organised 3 genocides from behind the scenes and manipulated history for millenia before anyone caught on to him.

Nice, but I would like to point out that one of the qualities that the baddest of the bad super villains should possess is to come out of the closet and be blatant about it, skulking in the shadows is for the weaker villains, what they scared or something?

You don't see Unicron hiding inside nebulae while munching on planetoids, do you?

The EEl;367268 said:

doomsday in superman series!!............Doomsday beat the hell outta DarkSeid
and fav indian villain Mogambo!

damnit, I forgot about doomsday! Mogambo? Isn't that what Tarzan used to say to his elephant? :)
souls are for wimps

#29 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:14 AM

oh, he does come out, when confronted... and it's not like he's being quiet about what he is

I am the engine of life
I am the devourer of Death
I am the hub of the Wheel

he talks, just that he never says stuff straight up.
I must say, I prefer a manipulative, mind-twisting villain to your generic "I am the really-really bad villain. Here's my secret plan for all to hear"-typ of villain. But, that's just me...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#30 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:45 PM

Whoa there hoss! No villain should ever tell anyone what their secret evil plans are, even the reader should merely see the barest outline of what the villain is up to. Any other way of doing things just aint proper.

I was referring to the idea that the best villains are 'known' to be villains. For example, the joker does not pretend to be anything but a deranged psychopath. Everyone knows the crippled god is a nasty piece of work, and so on and so forth.

And for the love of all things evil will someone vote for Unicron, Salt man z we need...er thee! :)

Illuyankas;366338 said:

Pfft, you were dead while Unicron was swanning about eating moons and Death Stars. Besides, Megatron's your nemesis, just as Galvatron is Suckimus Prime's.

good point Illy, missed you on the last sweep. In your face Optibot! :)
souls are for wimps

#31 User is offline   kage 

• Lieutenant

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:33 AM

me, i like a guy who has the balls to fight gods, so it's up to CG and big S. the devil is cool, but he has one tarot card, named after him, but CG has Deathstealer, so much cooler!

#32 User is offline   Esp 

• Recruit

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

Galactus. Om nom nom planets

#33 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

Unicron vs. Galactushttp://www.electricf...pieinthesky.htm
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#34 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

View PostUseOfWeapons, on 20 July 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

Hmmm. Reading the comments in that link I don't know what all those Unicron fanboys have been smoking, Galactus is not a physical presence that Unicron can "fight".

I checked out the Unicrons wikipedia page and it appears that Unicron has been retconned in the comic books into being some kind of god of destruction. But the original movie version simply shows him as a super powerful planet size robot. I don't know what kind of special powers he's supposed to have but I can't quite see him having any kind of power like Galactus.

Galactus is a cosmic being. He doesn't even have a proper physical form. That is just what mortals perceive because their minds try to make sense of what appears before them. Galactus can manipulate time and space, if he didn't feel like outright blowing the shit out of Unicron, he could just land on him and consume him. What would Unicron do? Fire energy beams at Galactus? Galactus would just ignore them or absorb them to increase his strength, mean while Unicron is distinctly physical. He can take damage.

In the end I don't think Galactus would even care he'd probably just summon a herald or a robot from his solar system size space station and have one of them fly into Unicron and either blow him up or take control of him via some kind of super scientific means that our puny minds couldn't hope to comprehend.

Really, I think one of the Heralds alone would fuck up Unicron. Terrax could probably rip him in two if he had the juice for it.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that Galactus is not a villain, to be the villain you need to have an evil intent. Galactus is no more evil for what he does, what his purpose is, than you are when you eat an apple.

This post has been edited by Pennyapt: 20 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

#35 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

Retconned? Hardly. The Simon Furman run on the UK Transformers comic is the source material for all the mythology around Unicron and the Matrix.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#36 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

View PostNERDApt, on 20 July 2011 - 10:47 AM, said:

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#37 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

You're ignoring the key point, which is that Unicron's only weakness is the Autobot Matrix of Leadership (the remains of the essence of Primus, Unicron's rival god). Is Galactus the Matrix? No. Ergo, he loses.
-- Oscar Wilde

#38 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

Right, then Galactus uses his godlike perception of the universe to understand what Unicron is and with a single thought he commands the molecules surrounding him into taking the form of an Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Then he says fuck that shit, throws the matrix in the trash and eats Unicron.

Look, it's a nice macguffin that the only thing that can kill Unicron is a crystal ball in the chest of a Prime, but Galactus functions on a higher plane than the normal logic of the transformers universe. Galactus IS the universe. He is the destroyer that brings rebirth. In a sense he is the same kind of being as Unicron, only he works on a cosmic scale, not just as a giant robot planet.

Galactus does not care what your archelles heel is. If for some magical reason he still couldn't destroy Unicron, he would dominate him with technology or throw him into a different dimension.

This post has been edited by Pennyapt: 20 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

#39 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:18 AM

i voted devil but really its a vote for any undermining entity throughout mythos and legend. If God is omnivictorius, creator of life, matter etc even from a fictional view the idea of a devil is pretty epic. Here is the greatest beings greatest handiwork, something that is as close to perfect as possible. Now take that near perfection and make it envy perfection. The thought of battling a creator since the beginning of time...ring any bells?. Its a consistent story in almost all literature and in truth the idea of 'the devil' is a blue print for atleast half the villains listed above. Thats why it gets my vote (yes i said it cos in my mind the devil is a personification with no gender or form, just purpose.)
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#40 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

The one that didn't lose.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic