• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

#221 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 May 2020 - 02:27 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 05 May 2020 - 02:05 PM, said:

As to the final scene
Spoiler

Yeah, agreed.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#222 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:30 PM

Finally getting around to watching the last season. Enjoyed the Bad Batch episodes.

3 episodes into the Ashoka eps, average at best so far.

Fighting the urge to skip to the last 4.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#223 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:43 AM

Well the last 4 made up for it.

Wow. Those were excellent. Gonna let it marinate, then watch all 4 in a row again.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#224 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:51 AM

The scene with Maul going all Rogue One Vader was well done.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#225 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:25 AM

Oh man, the clones painting their helmets to show their support for Ahsoka — this is moving!

#226 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 August 2021 - 05:51 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 August 2021 - 05:40 PM, said:

S1 Ep8 Bombad Jedi

My gawd Jar Jar is the single worst thing to come into the SW franchise. Fucking idiot.

Heehee, I love that episode. It's really funny if you ignore how ridiculous it is.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#227 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 17 August 2021 - 08:45 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 August 2021 - 06:02 PM, said:

I had to skip after about 12 minutes.

Now I get Ventress v Tano/Luminara

Much better

C'mon BK! That isn't fair on any level, lol.

#228 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:43 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 August 2021 - 09:16 PM, said:

Also watching this just pisses me off all over again that Plo Koon never once got a speaking bit in 3 whole movies. All the attention was on Ki ahidi mundi and Kit Fisto. Blah I wanted to hear this cool looking mofo back then.

And I still maintain anger that Sasse Tin died in Palps office with blade in hand while Plo Koon gets blown up in a fighter and not the other way around.

But would you have wanted to see Plo Koon get owned so quickly like that? Cause they were supposed to be jedi masters and didn't look like it.

#229 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 August 2021 - 08:23 AM

View PostBriar King, on 17 August 2021 - 10:53 PM, said:

I think much like the fan redo of the Ben v Vader Death Star fight that office scene needs to be reshot.

I believe there were restrictions, as McDiarmid is really, really not suited to action scenes of any kind - anything he did looked clunky.

A redo would be great with current tech.
Remember that great shot of (Christopher Reeve) Clarke Kent face and posture changing into Superman when Lois figures out who he is?

Imagine Ian doing that with Palpatine. Maybe playing dumb and innocent as Chancellor, agreeing to go with them, right until he's close enough; then his face changes, two lightsabers whip out (he could still have one from Savage) and he pretty much whirlwind strikes all of them. Either that or at least have the face on a body double for a quick flurry.

I think the impression the movie was trying to make was a superfast strike that took them all unawares, but it was too slow and made them look like sitting ducks.

Man I love that whole Opress story arc.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 18 August 2021 - 08:24 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#230 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 August 2021 - 12:28 PM

View PostTraveller, on 18 August 2021 - 08:23 AM, said:

I think much like the fan redo of the Ben v Vader Death Star fight that office scene needs to be reshot.

I believe there were restrictions, as McDiarmid is really, really not suited to action scenes of any kind - anything he did looked clunky.

The scene they did with Opress and Maul VS Palps in TCW is the epitome of what Palpatine is as a force user, a swordsman, and a Sith. I wish we could have got that in ROTS, but I understand why McDiarmid could not.

#231 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 18 August 2021 - 12:57 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 August 2021 - 12:28 PM, said:

The scene they did with Opress and Maul VS Palps in TCW is the epitome of what Palpatine is as a force user, a swordsman, and a Sith. I wish we could have got that in ROTS, but I understand why McDiarmid could not.

I get the physical limitations when shooting live action, I've just always thought better stunt coordination or choreography was sorely needed for that scene. The Palpatine flying drill move to close the gap was fine, I have no issue with that. But it took longer than a split second to run 3 Jedi Masters through and none of the 3 even got to take a defensive stance, let alone offensive.

#232 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 August 2021 - 01:20 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 18 August 2021 - 12:57 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 August 2021 - 12:28 PM, said:

I get the physical limitations when shooting live action, I've just always thought better stunt coordination or choreography was sorely needed for that scene. The Palpatine flying drill move to close the gap was fine, I have no issue with that. But it took longer than a split second to run 3 Jedi Masters through and none of the 3 even got to take a defensive stance, let alone offensive.

Yep, all fair complaints. I'm glad Kit Fisto lasts the longest, but yeah they all should have been able to give him a little more of a run.

#233 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 31 August 2021 - 04:11 PM

Jabba was amazing in rotj, but the huttese biology and ability to actually become the ganglord Jabba was is so questionable! Adding more Hutts on CWs has added further questions.

The episodes on CWs aren't all in chronologiacl order iirc, some are like flashbacks. You'd think Disney would have them corrected?

I loved the Opress/Maul story arc, their takeover of the gangs is so good, and the fights with Obi Wan are some of the best.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 31 August 2021 - 04:14 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#234 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 13 September 2022 - 07:04 PM

This looks good considering the dog shit Star Wars has become.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users