• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Potter Six

#1 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:59 AM

Am I the only big Potter fan here? Anyways, the new teaser trailer got released tonight:

Link: http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-gb...ignin1.0&vv=600

Or, visit www.hpana.com or www.mugglenet.com where they will also have links to it.

Looks pretty good!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:07 AM

Fuck me!

Goddamn hell ass goodness!!

Can't effing wait!!!

November can't come fast enough. I LOVE Half-Blood Prince...LOVE it.

This trailer shows one of the key bits about this book, and that's the memories of Voldemort earlier on in life, in an effort to discover his Horcruxes.

Thanks for posting!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

The 5th film was by far and away the best one they've made so far, so hopefully this will also be good. Can't see the trailer, as Opera isn't supported - ah well :(
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:39 AM

caladanbrood;361767 said:

The 5th film was by far and away the best one they've made so far, so hopefully this will also be good. Can't see the trailer, as Opera isn't supported - ah well :(

Yeah, I am REALLY gflad that the director of the 5th film (David Yates) is not only directing this one too, but also the last book (which will be split into two films!) films as well!!

He's got a great eye.

This is a nice teaser trailer cause it totally just teases. Aside from some shots of Harry and Dumbledore in his office and the one of Dumbledore casting the fire around them to shield from the zombies in the cave, it is almost all the Riddle memories here....and I like that.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:00 AM

Spooky.

#6 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

Looks good. For some reason I haven't seen all of the Potter movies, which is strange since I loved the books.
Error: Signature not valid

#7 User is offline   Pig Iron 

• First Sword

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:24 AM

Another fan here, both of the books and the films. Quantum of Solace trailer looks great too, can't wait.

#8 User is offline   Giles 

• Demon of the inn
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Martial arts and Metal music

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:28 PM

i have to say here i actualy like the books, but i absolutely hated the 5th movie, i generally consider it one of the worst films ive ever seen.
Thats probably just because it didnt fit my image of how it should be though as ive heard other people say it was really good :confused: although i did quite like the 3rd one and havent got round to watching the 4th yet.
Hopefully this will be better than the 5th one.
"Hollow. My name is Kurosaki Ichigo. You killed my mother. Bankai."

#9 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

I always find that the movies have a completely ridiculous passage of time, desipite being very nice visually and not-the-worst acting wise.

It's just that when reading the books you get the sense that a schoolyear is actually passing. When watching the films, I always get the impression that the contents of the film are occurring over the time space of a coulple of days. It just seems that the kids arrive at hogwarts, do some stuff and leave a week later. Now I know they can't throw in all the details from the book because there is no comparison between the written word and film. I just think they could do more to let you know that time is passing.

Other than that, I quite enjoy the books since they are geared to a younger audience and thus are quite a relaxing read. Despite the targeted audience though, I find there is more than enough going on to keep an adult reader interested as well. The films are pretty well done in general and I'll watch the 6th for sure.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#10 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

It makes me sad that the only way to get new potter stuff is through the movies. Damn you Rowling, get off your high horse and write more potter!

#11 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

Raymond Luxury Yacht;362233 said:

It makes me sad that the only way to get new potter stuff is through the movies. Damn you Rowling, get off your high horse and write more potter!

Seconded!

#12 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Must. Stop.Self.From.Insulting...Kids...Books...
I AM A TWAT

#13 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:09 PM

Cougar;362363 said:

Yes, because kids books are SO lame right?

Dude....I don't even know where to start with that comment.

Insulting kids books for the simple fact that they are kids books makes you pretty petty and small.....kinda like a kid one might say.

:D

#14 User is offline   Raraku 

• Fist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderatio

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

Kiddie books are fine but then there are some that just ......well ....... that are not as interesting as some others. I personally don't like the series too much and the movies are also not the best but they are definitely worth a read just once.
Oh and i don't rip on people who like Harry Potter cause i LOVE LOTR and i get ripped on it sometimes so don't wanna do it to someone else.

#15 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:28 AM

Cougar;362363 said:

Have you read them, or just bashing them based on how you imagine they would be?

#16 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:57 AM

I like the movies...but I've never read the books. I like it that way. The movies are sweet.

#17 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:53 AM

The books are better.

#18 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:03 AM

I've read the first couple and I was actually insulting adults who read kids books Quick', that should be obvious, I mean you can't really insult a book for it being aimed at kids.

I've seen all the films to date. I don't really think much of the stories in either media, even as childrens books I find them generally a mainstream amalgam of other peoples styles and ideas somewhat lacking in originality. I'd love to have a chat with JK Rowling to try and determine whether her styles and themes are derived from an attempt to be as totally middle of the road as possible, and therefore have as much commercial appeal, or whether she genuinely beleives she's created something original. I sometimes see interviews with her where people are going "Wow, Joanne, what I love is the way you create names for things that are so unusal and fun, where on earth do you get the ideas from" or some such, she looks as if she's scarcely able to believe she's still getting away with it whilst I'm screaming "ROALD DAHL" at the TV and throwing copies of Georges Marvellous Medicine and the Worst Witch at my cat.

I totally appreciate that some of you guys are young enough to have started the books when you were actually kids which is fair play.

To my mind she does a decent kids book, it wouldn't bother me that much if adults weren't constantly going on about how they are the dogs bollocks when manifestly they are a fairly standard example of the childrens fantasy genre. There is a whole world of high quality adult fiction out there before I'll read kids books again.
I AM A TWAT

#19 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

Cougar;362584 said:

I've read the first couple and I was actually insulting adults who read kids books Quick', that should be obvious, I mean you can't really insult a book for it being aimed at kids.

I've seen all the films to date. I don't really think much of the stories in either media, even as childrens books I find them generally a mainstream amalgam of other peoples styles and ideas somewhat lacking in originality. I'd love to have a chat with JK Rowling to try and determine whether her styles and themes are derived from an attempt to be as totally middle of the road as possible, and therefore have as much commercial appeal, or whether she genuinely beleives she's created something original. I sometimes see interviews with her where people are going "Wow, Joanne, what I love is the way you create names for things that are so unusal and fun, where on earth do you get the ideas from" or some such, she looks as if she's scarcely able to believe she's still getting away with it whilst I'm screaming "ROALD DAHL" at the TV and throwing copies of Georges Marvellous Medicine and the Worst Witch at my cat.

I totally appreciate that some of you guys are young enough to have started the books when you were actually kids which is fair play.

To my mind she does a decent kids book, it wouldn't bother me that much if adults weren't constantly going on about how they are the dogs bollocks when manifestly they are a fairly standard example of the childrens fantasy genre. There is a whole world of high quality adult fiction out there before I'll read kids books again.

Fair enough, but I would disagree that they are a standard example of children's fantasy. I was the biggest HP hater of them all, until I read them. They really are good. Try reading them all, they generally get better and better as you go. The first two aren't really indicative of the quality of the series.

#20 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

I agree with RLY.

The further you get in the series, the more it seems she isnt writing for kids anymore.
The first 2/3 books were VERY "kiddie", but it gets a lot better as the series goes on.
Ive never heard of a children series that have so many people die in it :D

Couger...give'm all a read, you might surprise yourself.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users