Malazan Empire: Super Battle Fest Challenge. - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Super Battle Fest Challenge.

Poll: Super Battle Fest Challenge. (45 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Superman (11 votes [24.44%])

Percentage of vote: 24.44%

2. Spiderman (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

3. Batman (5 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Wolverine (6 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

5. The Hulk (2 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

6. Silver Surfer (9 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

7. Iron Man (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

8. The Thing (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Captain America (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. Thor (10 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

In honoured respect to the what ifs that often occure here abouts, who would be the winner in a war of the superheroes? I'll stick ten in the poll, obviously I'll miss a few, but I'll try my best. I know there'll allready be one vote for Wolverine, coz of the fanatic out there, and I'm going to vote for Superman. Wasn't going to put him in the poll, coz he's got so many abilties, but there you go, he has to be in coz: He's Superman.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

I voted Thor.

I don't know if the silver surfer is able to beat Thor, he probably is because the cosmic power stuff, but Thor beats Superman. Superman is vulnerable to magic and Mjølnir would bash his head in.

#3 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Oh please Silver Surfer is second only to Galactus.He could destroy everyone with his cosmic powers
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#4 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

UNLEASH THE FUCKING NERD FURY

Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
The Hulk
Iron Man
Batman
Captain America
The Thing
Spiderman
Wolverine

My list. Superman is stronger than Thor, though not by much, and Thor can hurt Galactus, so can easily hand the Surfer his ass.

The Hulk's in fourth due to lack of flying and the above 3 being such nice guys he's unlikely to have to kick their asses, OR get angry enough to do so.

Iron Man is now ridiculously powerful - read Extremis if you want to see the cheese - and will slap Batman silly in his suit.

Batman and Captain America are basically interchangable, as Captain America would probably win a hand-to-hand fight (which is actually comics canon, surprisingly), and Batman has an edge due to prep time.

The Thing is the shittest of the Fantastic Four, and would lose like a little bitch to almost everyone else on this list if they could be bothered, and the rest if they tried a bit harder.

Oh, and Spiderman is above Wolverine because Logan is the whipping boy for every single character ever. The number of times Spiderman alone has beaten his ass is insane. Sorry Abyss, Wolverine is rubbish.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#5 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

I always felt like Nightcrawler VS Spider-Man would be a good fight, with my money on the NightCrawler,

I picked Silver Surfer because he seems to be Marvels cheat character, similar to DCs Super Man, they are the ones who get every power possible, and he is Silver

EDIT: but the true winner would be Super Man when he obtained the Power Cosmic, I actually have the comic book where this happens (a Marvel?DC crossover) He becomes the herald of the big G.
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#6 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

Any of youn guys seen that Superman cartoon when he fights Doomsday? That is one badass fight.

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

Illuyankas;359120 said:

My list. Superman is stronger than Thor, though not by much, and Thor can hurt Galactus, so can easily hand the Surfer his ass.

I haven't actually seen any indications of how powerfull the surfer is compared to Thor... or Odin for that matter. But It would be my guess that they can both beat Superman.

Thor is a magical being and as such Supermans invulnerability is out the window in a fight against Thor. (There hasn't been any comics stated that the Asgardians are just some kind of Quantum beings and they're not magical has there?) Now, if we're talking about that Golden Age superman who is basically able to benchpress the earth he could probably knock the fuck out of Thor in one punch if he was lucky. Unless of course Thor deflected that punch with his hammer and Supermans entire arm shattered. Then he'd smack Superman with the hammer and the fight would be over.

The silversurfer could just block supermans access to yellow sun or hit him with what ever sunrays superman can't take. Basically Superman can't win because the very element that gives Superman his power is in the Silversufers control.

To me it's either Silversurfer or Thor that's number one.

As for the thing. He's vastly underrated. He's actually a skilled hand to hand fighter and if we were talking about the "super thing" he became for a time, the one with all the spikes, he would be extremely strong.

#8 User is offline   The Tyrant Lizard 

• First Sword

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

ok so I went for Batman. I know he's a normal man, and doesn't have any actual powers, but he is extremely clever, and he's really fucking rich. In a premedatated attack he'd find a way to beat any of the above. I've seen him reduce superman to a mewling wreck.
I want to die the way my dad died, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#9 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

Ok now I think that really It doesn't matter about the whole flying thing. They would have to come down to earth or what ever unhappy planet they were on to fight the Hulk.

and the HULK SMASH. As much of a bad ass Superman and Thor are they don't compare to the Hulks raw rage. The more you hit him the madder and badder he gets...

Then Wolverine...
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#10 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

Somebody find Tyrant the Batman vs Superman cartoons. They're good at putting things in perspective,

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

Vengeance;360602 said:

Ok now I think that really It doesn't matter about the whole flying thing. They would have to come down to earth or what ever unhappy planet they were on to fight the Hulk.

and the HULK SMASH. As much of a bad ass Superman and Thor are they don't compare to the Hulks raw rage. The more you hit him the madder and badder he gets...

Then Wolverine...

You are aware that the Hulk can be knocked out right? It's actually not that hard, Dr. Samson once did it, and he's a pussy :(

#12 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:51 PM

I'd have to go for Supes. Even though he is a massive fanny (as in vagina not arse) and won't kill anyone.

Apt; you can make lots of arguments like SS could block out the sun but I'm thinking 2 hombres slugging it out old school not any of that pansy arsed cheating.

I mean if you are going to allow them to pull bullshit moves like that you might as well put me on there since I've read all the comics and would be able to exploit their considerable catalogue of weaknesses.

"Yeah I'll go for Cougar cos he could throw superman a piece of green kryptonite, wedge some blue cryptonite up his backside and then kick him in the nuts till he cries like a girl"
I AM A TWAT

#13 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

But then it doesn't make any sense at all. If it's just a boxing match then you're not debating characters abilities to beat each other. You're discussing how much punishment they can take and how hard they can punch.

In which case I say that Sebastian Shaw wins. His mutant ability is to absorb kinetic energy and use it against his opponent. Every time superman punched him he'd become stronger.

#14 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

Aptorian;360604 said:

You are aware that the Hulk can be knocked out right? It's actually not that hard, Dr. Samson once did it, and he's a pussy :(

You did read WWH right were he survives the Gladiatorial Ring, beats SS and lives through a Planet being destroyed....Right?:p
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#15 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

@Apt: In the same canon comic as Batman admitting Captain America would probably beat him, Superman and Thor had a brawl - after a period of asskicking on either side, Superman caught Mjolnir in one hand, punched Thor out, then staggered while stating that Thor was the hardest opponent he ever fought. Also, the Surfer isn't as durable as Superman - a better character, obviously, but not as tough.

@Veng: He can't fly in space. All Sentry really had to do was throw him into the sky (NOT our Sun, he'd get angry enough to extinguish it before he'd die in there) and let him float in the void for the rest of time.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#16 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:47 PM

Here's the thing. Sperman, I mean Superman, is basically invincible. SO, he should win. However, because he is so over-powered, and major conflict he gets in involves his opponent getting some Kryptonite, just to make it almost interesting. So, for the purpose of this challenge, I think we can assume that whoever he is fighting has some.

Superman is a lame tool.
Error: Signature not valid

#17 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

I voted for Superguy. Because even if he basically dies, all you have to do is put him back out in the sun and he'll heal. Plus, he could just fling the things he can't kill back out into the deep space from which it came.

And, cause he has laser beams for eyes. + points for roboMan.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#18 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:13 PM

On this forum, Wolverine can't not win!!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#19 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:02 PM

WAYS FOR EVERYONE ON THE LIST TO KILL WOLVERINE

Superman: Any number of options! They vary from the simple pulling him apart; to hitting him with his heat vision, raising the temperature of his adamantium skeleton and cooking him to death, past the recovery point of his regenerative abilities (hard to regen when you've got no living flesh left) and then having a snack; or even just throwing him into the Sun.

Spiderman: Faster, stronger and with precognitive abilities, Spidey kicks Wolverine's ass all over the shop. Bind him with the webs (like what happens in 90% of Wolverine/Spiderman stories), 'borrow' a really big blade or saw and decapitate him.

Batman: Not likely to kill Wolverine himself, but certainly able to neutralise him with ease, using Killer Croc levels of subduing with some variations for the claws. Then Jason Todd could kill him, which is a low blow but funny anyway.

The Hulk: The Hulk has killed Wolverine in stories before, when he hit him so hard his neck vertebrae became unaligned and he couldn't heal it back into position. Another candidate for the Pull Him Apart, Throw Into Space School of Wolverine Whupping.

Silver Surfer: A PHATISSWW member, can also do various nasty things like drag him into space and throw him at Galactus. Really a monumental mismatch.

Iron Man: Really, he can win just by using the same tactics Cyclops uses to always win against Wolverine: BIG FUCKOFF BEAMS.

The Thing: A PHATISSWW member, could be wounded first but likely to crush him with a truck or other huge chunk of landscape.

Captain America: Better fighter, stronger, has a shield that can block the claws, can guilt trip Wolverine about fighting him in WWII if he gets bored.

Thor: I SAY THEE NAY *lightning hits him a billion times* Also PHATISSWW.

Wolverine is rubbish.

#20 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

It's the mutherfuckin' Wolverine, bitch!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users