• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Creature Profiles needed!!

#1 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:49 PM

That would depend on whether the statue is proportioned like normal humans, the statue may be of a dwarf or may have abnormally long fingers.

As to where the otaral the Teblor has comes from, they scrape it off cliffs in the Teblor lands... the most accepted current theory is that overuse of magic creates otaral. The conflict between the Imass and the Jaghut caused some otaral to be formed in the Teblor plateau when they fought there with calm and Icarium as well.

#2 Guest_Eleint_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:19 PM

Hi Posted Image I'm new here and still looking around.

quote:
Erh, who says Jaghut hands have more joints than human hands??

In DG List was seing in his visions "a multi-jointed hand" and Duiker recognised it as "a Jaghut hand".

#3 Guest_Simcha Sabeen_*

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:28 AM

Might indeed be that blood oil's a concoction in and of itself with otataral only added. Since we don't know about the "aphrodisiacal" properties of otataral... What strikes me is that Genabackis is quite some distance from the Otataral Isles, so how do the Teblor come about it in any quantities?
Hm, leads us of track... Anyway, I only recently recalculated the actual size of the statue, whose finger Heboric (ligth)touched in the desert. If it's someone with lean fingers, it's got to be about 2400 meters, that's roughly 7200 feet. Quite some chisel-work... Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:44 PM

None of the teblor as far as i know do use magic in the usual sense. The shamans don't seem to use warrens as such,a nd perhaps only a little earth magic. however all the thelomen toblakai dont use blood oil with otaral in, so other thelomen can use magic. aS fro blood oil, i odnt think its just a solution of otaral, i think its another potion which has good effects to which the teblor added otaral.

#5 Guest_Simcha Sabeen_*

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:15 AM

Erh, who says Jaghut hands have more joints than human hands??
Interesting question: the Teblor (who are in fact Thelomen Toblakai) use Blood Oil to cure their wooden swords. yet this Blood Oil is nothing but a solution of Otataral, which should make it outstandingly difficult for them to use magic, shouldn't it? How else did Karsa Orlong survive the spell in HoC...

#6 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 December 2003 - 02:14 PM

maybe. it's been a while since I've last read any of the books. no time. written all that from memory.

----------------------------------------
The problem of this world is not the strength of the evil, but the weakness of the good.
Posted Image Posted Image

The Dominator of Ultimate House Dominator
The Venerable Lord of the Hold of Elders
Crown of the Deck of Dragons
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#7 Guest_Caldazar_*

Posted 16 October 2003 - 05:08 AM

Following this format:

Name:
Approx Life Span:
Description:
History:
Famous Members:
Main Gods:
Accessible Warrens:

Thx in advance!

#8 User is offline   HegemonWiggin 

• Recruit

Posted 28 December 2003 - 02:51 PM

I was looking at the Forkrul Assail entry and it bears mentioning that they were the mediators/arbitrators between the Jaghut and the T'lan Imass, and that there decisions were by default bloody on both sides and solved little.

-Hegemon Wiggin

Nae'Blis Sedai on the Atari WoT forum.

#9 Guest_Caldazar_*

Posted 06 December 2003 - 07:25 PM

Updated and posted new profiles.

Thanks and keep em coming.

#10 Guest_Caldazar_*

Posted 21 December 2003 - 07:58 PM

Thanks Falcdragon. Posted Image

Yes Gothos.

#11 Guest__*

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:00 PM

Weren't the Great Ravens from the Blood spilled from Burn not the Crippled God? i remember reading it somewhere. I am sure. MoI I think. Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Masher of the Late HHT - "Grrrrrrr!!! Wash my cup and die evil doer."

"I ain't gettin' on no plane fool!" - BA Barracus

#12 Guest_Caldazar_*

Posted 13 February 2004 - 06:15 PM

Thx Artagel. Added.

#13 Guest_Lijah_*

Posted 02 December 2003 - 09:55 AM

This is a (rather poor) contribution to the profiles section.

Heboric Light Touch/Ghost Hands

Heboric Light Touch was once a priest of Fener, though he earned his name on the streets of Unta as a thief. His hands were severed in ritual punishment by the heirarchy of Fener's cult. Following this he was put in a slave shipment along with Felisin and Baudin, which was on its way to the Otataral Island. He served a few months time in the mines, but the rebellion in seven cities forced him to escape along with Baudin and Felisin. On their way to meet a ship on the coast, Heboric came in to contact with a statue made of jade, which had an effect on him which did not manifest until later.Once they were on the chip they became trapped within a warren, their only escape being an unknown portal. This portal took them to Kurald Thyrllan, a warren of fire. The three of them escaped what they tought to be death by jumping off the boat. They ended up in the middle of the desert in Seven Cities. During their hike across the desert, Heboric's hands became udeful again, as he could use them, but could not see them. He was made blind by sandstorms however, but this gave him a sixth sense, enabling him to see ghosts. Baudin was killed protecting Felisin, then she and Heboric found their way to the army of the Apocalypse in Raraku.
His unique hands were made of use by Treach, the newly ascended god of war, who made Heboric Ghost Hands his Destriant.

---------------------------
We are the mason's hands
which shape the building of
our future...
>
>
>
Who then is the mason?

#14 User is offline   Falcdragon 

• Recruit

Posted 17 December 2003 - 03:12 AM

Again I think this is mainly accurate have a quick look at it though. I've only read the books twice so I've likely missed a few bits.

Name: Moranth

Approx Life Span: Unknown likely similar to humans.

Description: Humanoid closely related to Barghast. Appear to wear full body Chitinous Armour permanently, colour dependent on Regiment.

History: Share a common ancestry with the Barghast. How ever after leaving the Oceans they moved to the Great forests and Mountains where they discovered Tiste Edur and made peace with them rather than fighting them like the Barghast had traditionally, this lead to enmity between the Moranth and the Barghast, with raiding still continuing up to the present, though with the arrival of the Gods of both the Barghast and Moranth this may change. The Moranth then studied and lived with Tiste Edur learning some of their skills especially in Alchemistry and developed or started mass production of the Moranth munitions. They also learnt to tame and control Quorls a native 4 winged insect like creature, big enough to fly carrying several men and supplies which allows the Moranth great mobility in warfare. With their Alliance with the empire their airborne transport and the provision of Munitions radically changed Imperial tactics. The Modern day Moranth are split among a number of various Regiments the Black, Blue, Green and Gold Moranth. Their Society is highly regimented and they're centered in Cloud forest west of Pale in the Genabackis Continent. Recently the Moranth allied with the Malazan Empire when it's first representatives arrived on the continent and various clans have seen action supporting the Empire suppling them with Munitions transport and troops both airborne and ground. The Black Moranth have seen the most action fighting or supporting most of the actions on the continent especially at Pale where they were allowed 1 hour of Slaughter among the Inhabitants after it fell, as payment for their services. Paying back the citizens of Pale for hundreds of years of raiding. The Gold which are considered to be the elite of the Moranth Regiments saw action in the Mott woods. While to blue has provided support at various times.

Famous Members:

Twist :- A war leader of the Black Moranth

Main Gods:

The Recently ascended Barghast God's.

Accessible Warrens: Unknown.

------------------------------
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinders's eye on the Last Day."
Tactics:- the art of disposing armed forces in contact with the enemy..
Strategy:- The art of war. The management of Nations or Army's in war.

#15 Guest_Sormo E\'nath_*

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:43 AM

ok maybe this is a bit ambitious but it could provide a useful summary of basic info. and i was bored.

Name: Humans

Approx Life Span: As with us. Max around 70 due to lack of health care

History: more like evolution:
Mortal descedants of the Imass, though not, as with the Barghast, directly. They have evovled somewhat, while the Barghast seemingly less so or not at all. Descended from the (illicit) children of Onrack and Kilava Onas of the Logros Clan, conceived the night before the Ritual of Tellan.
Famous Members: (don't really know how to deal with this - ill do some basic sketches of Malazans)

Kellanved: Former Emperor and creator of the Malazan Empire. A powerful sorceror, warren Meanas (check pls-im assuming, dnt really remember wat was said of him). Gainedentry to the Deadhouse in Malaz City, where he and his companions were granted certain powers/benfits, such as unnaturally long life. He has now ascended, although he is considered by most to be dead, and is Shadowthrone/ Ammanas. Rules High House Shadow and the Warren Meanas. Known to be, and always have been, more than a little crazy.

Dancer: Kellanved's companion. Master assassin and creator of 'the Talon' an elite force of assassins, formed to do the Empires 'quiet work'. Considered dead, but in truth ascended with Kellanved to become Cotillion - Patron of Assassins. Even in life he was linked to Shadow by an obscure practise of "Shadow Dancing" (hence his name) still extant in Seven Cities, although in a corrupted form. It is an ancient martial art of assaination that draws on the power of Shadow. Favoured weapon is a rope - from which he earns his other name, the Rope.

Dassem Ultor: Former Fisrt Sword of the Malazan Empire, one time Knight of High House Death. The mastermind behind Malazan military doctrine and basic strategy. Considered to be one of the greatest human Generals of all time. He was one of Kellanved and Dancer's original companions and was instrumental in the Empires formation.

Main Gods: (trying to focus on Main)
Apsalar - Lady of Theives
Beru - Lord of Storms
Burn - The Sleeping Goddes
Dessembrae - Lord of Tears
D'rek - Lord of Autumn
Fener - 'the Bereft'(formerly, Lord of War, the Boar of Summer )
Hood - Lord of Death
Mowri - Lady of Beggers, Slaves and Serfs
Oppon - Twin Jesters of Chance
Osserc - Lord of the Sky
Poleil - Mistress of Pestilance and Disease
Soleil - Lady of Health
Treach - Lord of War/ The Tiger of Summer

Accessible Warrens:

Denul - the Path of Healing
D'riss - the Path of Stone
Hood's Path - the Path of Death
Mockra - the Path of the Mind
Ruse - the Path of the Sea
Telas - the Path of Fire
Tennes - the Path of the Land
Serc - the Path of the Sky

Thyr - the Path of Light
Meanas - the Path of Shadow
Rashan - the Path of Darkness

#16 User is offline   Falcdragon 

• Recruit

Posted 17 December 2003 - 03:05 AM

I think this is mainly accurate have a quick look at it though. I've only read the books twice so I've likely missed a few bits.

Name: Barghast

Approx Life Span: Unknown but similar to Humans.

Description: Human like.

History:
Modern descendants of the Imass (now T'lan Imass) not Human but capable of interbreeding. Descended from those Imass who where unable to join up with the rest of there kind in time for the Ritual for a variety of reasons. Mainly due to the distance they where from the location of the Ritual. Were Sea based for much of there early history fighting the Tiste Edur who traveled the oceans. Having failed to reach the Ritual they seemed to have selected the Tiste Edur as their Racial enemy hunting and fighting them like the T'lan Imass hunted the Jaghut's but to a lesser degree. At some point they settled on what ever land was closest to them. Resulting in there presence on several different continents. On settling they formed two Major groups the Barghast and the Moranth. The Barghast splitting into tribe based groups currently a nomadic pastoral warrior based society of rather limited technical skill. Having lost much of the technical metal working and construction skills of their Ancestors.

Famous Members:

Trotts :- Member of the 9th squad of the Bridgeburners. Last member of one of the Clans of the Barghast with the strongest direct link with the First Spirits.

Hetan :- Daughter of Humbrall Taur leading Chief of the Genabackis Barghast. Discovered the remains of the First Spirits the Ancestors allowing them to ascended to become the Barghast gods.

Humbrall Taur:- Leading Chief of the Genabackis Barghast.

Main Gods: Their First spirits the Leaders of their people when they first moved from the sea to the land for good.

Accessible Warrens: Unknown Magic seems mainly spirit based.

------------------------------
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinders's eye on the Last Day."
Tactics:- the art of disposing armed forces in contact with the enemy..
Strategy:- The art of war. The management of Nations or Army's in war.

#17 Guest_Caldazar_*

Posted 29 November 2003 - 06:46 PM

Looks good, will add it as soon as the database is working again.Posted Image

#18 Guest__*

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:46 PM

Yep i stand corrected. Sorry about that. Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Masher of the Late HHT - "Grrrrrrr!!! Wash my cup and die evil doer."

"I ain't gettin' on no plane fool!" - BA Barracus

#19 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 December 2003 - 04:46 AM

I've done Jaghuts some time ago but I think we need an update

Name: Jaghut

Approx Life Span: immortal

Description: superior solitary Founding Race. very tall, slim, green/olive skinned, with brown hair and eyes and large tusks. their hands have more joints than human hands.

History: not much is known. in the beginning, when the K'Chain Che'Malle ruled the world, the Jaghuts were their slaves. But, when the civil war between the K'Chain Che'Malle and their short-tailed cousins destroyed the Che'Malle civilization, they were freed. this was approximately over 450,000 years ago. in the beginning of their civilization the Jaghuts have built great cities (we know that from Raest's thoughts in GotM) but in time, with Tyrants arising among them, they have left their cities and lived in solitude or in small families. "Power draws power" they say. The Tyrants have enslaved the Imass and sometimes other Jaghuts, but all of them were eventually overthrown, even the most powerful among them - Raest. The eternal war declared upon the Jaghuts by the Imass, who have later become T'lan Imass, made them close to extinction today. only several of them still live, most of them being in service of the Azath houses and human Gods. most of their power is said to reside in artifacts know as Finnests.

Famous Members:

Gothos - the first historian of the world, he is the father of Icarium and brother of Gethol. he is said to be virtually all-knowing and very, very bitter. His book, "Gothos' Folly", is the best and only source of reliable information about the ancient days and races. He now resides in Deadhouse in Malaz City.

Raest - the most powerful of the Tyrants, Raest has enslaved numerous Jaghuts and innumerous Imass, making them think he is a god and worship him. Yet he was overthrown by his brethren, who have gathered to entomb him deep in a glacier approximately more than 300,000 years ago. the entrance to his tomb was said to be in the Gadrobi Hills, and, because of that rumour, Darujhistan appeared on the world maps, first as a small seeker town, and evolving to the greatest city of the world. Raest is awaken by the imperial Adjunct Lorn and a clanless T'lan Imass warrior named Onos T'ool'an. He fights Silanah and the Soletaken of Moon's Spawn to get to his Finnest in Darujhistan, where he avoids K'rul's trap and is finally defeated by Hedge, a Malazan sapper working undercover in the city. He know is the guardian of the Finnest Azath house in Darujhistan.

Pannion - the son of the last Jaghut mother in Genabackis, Pannion has been thrown by the Imass Bonecaster Kilava into a warren wound, and from there to a K'Chain Che'Malle Matron's tomb (he was replaced after a short while by his sister), where he has known an eternity of suffering. eventually the Matron got out of her tomb in Morn and then he has made the Matron his slave. Seeking revenge, he allies himself with the Crippled God and forms a tyrannic, apocalyptic, cannibalistic religious empire known as the Pannion Domin. Ultimately his empire was destroyed by Lady Envy, Garath, Baaljagg, three Seguleh, Onos T'ool'an, Dujek Onearm's renegade army, Caladan Brood's Rhivi army, White Faces Barghast clan, Anomander Rake and his Tiste Andii. He has then replaced his sister within the wound with the Matron's soul, thanks to a Malazan mage named Adeaphon Ben Delat and the Master of the Deck, taken his sister to the inside of Burn's body to stop the Crippled God's poison destroying her.

Gethol - Gothos' brother, always the weaker one, envious of his brother, he was the Herold of Death. he now is a servant of the Chained One, being the Herold of the dreaded House of Chains

We also know about:
- a Jaghut family entombed in the Vathar Woods
- Cynnigig, Phyrlis and Aramala - Jaghuts in the Jhag Odhan
- Pannion's sister

Main Gods: none. they are godlike themselves

Accessible Warrens: their favourite is Omtose Phellack, yet it is unknown if they could use other warrens.

will this be enough?

The problem of this world is not the strenght of the evil, but the weakness of the good.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#20 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:06 AM

anyways, could the Jaghut info be labeled as given by me?

The problem of this world is not the strength of the evil, but the weakness of the good.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users