Malazan Empire: New Novella announced on PS Publishing Web Site - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Novella announced on PS Publishing Web Site

#1 User is offline   Rat Mentor 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

PS Publishing have just announced the new Steven Erickson Novella.

Please see below...

Another reason to attend FantasyCon this year is Steve Erikson's new novella, Revolvo. We're launching that there, too. Again, there'll be 300 signed jacketed hardcover copies (£25 / $50) and 500 unsigned unjacketed hardcovers (£10 / $20). Steve and his wife and son have been staying with us here at PS Towers while Steve built up his strength for the signing tour Transworld organised for Toll The Hounds, the eighth volume in the truly epic Malazan Book of the Fallen series . . . and just to give him a little practice, we presented him the sheets for Revolvo.

Both of these are remarkable novellas and we recommend you place your order as soon as you're able, particularly for the jacketed hardcover editions. Don't say we didn't warn you!

Ordered the Hardcover copy....

Best regards

Rat Mentor...

#2 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

Is it set in the Malaz world?

#3 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

I hope so. Not that I've read any of the other novellas yet, butt I will and I want there to be a bunch of them.
Error: Signature not valid

#4 User is offline   dreamscape 

• Recruit

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

ummm....is it just a reissue of the story he wrote as Steve Lundin..?...titled Revolvo? seems a coincidence.
If so, I encourage anybody who doesnt own it to buy it, it's very good.
More info would be nice though.

#5 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

Damn, I was going to post this:p

I'm fairly sure it's not a malazan book. Like dreamscape said, he published a story under Steve Lundin under the same title, and I imagine it's a re-publishing of that.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#6 User is offline   Jahdu 

• Corporal

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

My friend and I went to the Forbidden Planet signing of TtH. Had an excellent time and wow, what a store... I could have spent soooooo much money there hehe

Anyway, after browsing round the store, we went to the checkout the pay for our
books and found SE ahead of us in the queue. He was paying for some books that
his teenage son wanted to buy and we got to chatting with him.

He mentioned a couple of the characters who will be in DoD and also the fact that
he's just signed on to write 6 more books after this series finishes. They're all set
in the Malazan world but won't carry on from this currect series.

#7 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

Could you POSSIBLY mention which characters he said would be in DoD? Use these tags for spoiler avoidance, preferably:

[noparse][/noparse]

Oh, and signpost the face that they would be DoD spoilers, unless people get accidentally spoiled and angry.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#8 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:35 PM

Yes, please. What Illy said. I want to know too.

#9 User is offline   Jahdu 

• Corporal

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:08 PM

Okies the characters he mentioned would be in DoD are *** DoD spoiler alert ***

Spoiler

#10 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

Spoiler

Thanks. :p

#11 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

Cheers! That's going to be interesting for later.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

DAMMIT! Now I have to spend a year or so trying to avoid reading that :p
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#13 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:17 PM

Give in, it's not that unexpected - practically guaranteed, in fact - and it's awesome for adding to the anticipation!

#14 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

NO! Away from me, devil of temptation :ehh:

#15 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

Here's a hint, they rhyme with Ratman and Bobin.

#16 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Auggggg.....Now I know that enguin will be in it to....Why do you torment me so...
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#17 User is offline   Leanoric 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

Actually, since Books 9 and 10 are pretty much one long book (Book 9 the buildup, Book 10 the payoff) it's probably a safe bet that *everyone* who is important will turn up for them. Unless they are dead, of course. And possibly even then.

#18 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:36 AM

I think I read that he plans on deliberately leaving some loose ends loose. Not every side story is going to get a resolution.
Error: Signature not valid

#19 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

[ATTACH]7876[/ATTACH]

As announced in the recent PSPublishing newsletter, Revolvo is available to order now in Jacketed Hardcover (£25) or Hardcover (£10).

There are 300 copies of the Jacketed Hardcover, and 500 of the Hardcover, and release is scheduled for the end of 2008.

Synopsis / Contents:
In the fictitious country of Canada the arts scene is ruled by technocrats who thrive in a secret, nepotistic society of granting agencies, bursaries, awards and peer review boards, all designed to permit self-proclaimed artists to survive without an audience.

In Revolvo, self-proclaimed "hack genre writer" Steven Erikson provides a daring expose of creative skullduggery in the wilds of a country suffering an interminable identity crisis. The names of plenty of real people have been changed and all specific details of the setting have been messed with, so if anyone guesses a certain prairie city in the middle Canada, where the author used to live, well, you'd be plain wrong. Besides, it was a long time ago and his memory is not so good.

#20 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:58 PM

Gonna bump this, just so people notice :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users