• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#6561 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 May 2021 - 04:24 PM

View PostBriar King, on 19 May 2021 - 11:40 PM, said:

Building up Debris still. I got 12 eps saved and I very much hope it maintains the quality of the the pilot episode I watched a few months ago.

I have heard that DEBRIS is fantastic.

Sadly, no Canadian networks picked it up and so the only way to watch it legally here is to watch it on the NBC feed, and I've not had cable in years.

Oh well, it will eventually show up for purchase on iTunes.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6562 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2021 - 10:32 AM

So did anyone in the UK actually think that the UK contribution to the Eurovision was good?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#6563 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 May 2021 - 06:12 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 24 May 2021 - 10:32 AM, said:

So did anyone in the UK actually think that the UK contribution to the Eurovision was good?

I missed it this year but all the Brexit morons have gone nuts about it and started ranting about how maybe we should get points for saving everyone in WWII. And no, that's not a joke.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6564 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 May 2021 - 07:16 PM

Umbrella Academy Season 2---good except for the relative levels of music and dialogue. Turn it up loud enough to hear what they're mumbling, and the music becomes loud enough to hurt my ears and possibly annoy the neighbors. The parts without much bass have piercing high frequencies. WTF.

Have to choose between using subtitles or switching to my shitty laptop speakers to make it bearable.

#6565 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 May 2021 - 12:24 AM

Exterminate All the Brutes.

Holy crap guys, I'm not going to give any little clue as to what it is about (Bing it), but you really should give it a watch. I've two episodes left and flippin' A, I'm gobsmacked. I haven't seen Josh Hartnett in anything for quite awhile, but I think this will have everyone hating him and he will be henceforth identified with this. Makes sense you would have ONE actor as "the face" to represent the oppression and brutality , but damn, that's a bold decision on his part to accept that role.

#6566 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 May 2021 - 04:52 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 May 2021 - 04:31 PM, said:

5 minutes and 40 seconds into Jimmy Carr: Funny Business (2016) and I’m already dying. Never heard of this guy till yesterday. Gave me the jollies when he described/translates The West Country as Louisiana. Good stuff so far.

You've never heard of Jimmy Carr before?!

I think lots of Brits find him irritating, but I think he's hilarious, and you should check out 8 OF 10 CATS videos online...it's a panel show Carr hosts (usually with other comedians) and it's consistently great and funny. One fo the funny guys I also like is on it a lot (Sean Lock).

Sample:

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6567 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 25 May 2021 - 07:45 PM

My mate has the exact same laugh as Jimmy Carr it's hilarious. We rip him for it all the time.

Another quiz show of his to check out is The Big Fat Quiz of the Year, it's pretty epic.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#6568 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 25 May 2021 - 08:08 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 May 2021 - 07:56 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 25 May 2021 - 07:45 PM, said:

My mate has the exact same laugh as Jimmy Carr it's hilarious. We rip him for it all the time.

Another quiz show of his to check out is The Big Fat Quiz of the Year, it's pretty epic.

That laugh has to be a very practiced gimmick yeah? I just tried it and choked. Now my throat is a bit sore.

I've seen him live and I actually think it's his normal laugh as he laughs like that all the time, especially when he really loses his shit and has a laugh attack. It's a laugh to stop traffic.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#6569 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 26 May 2021 - 10:25 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 May 2021 - 04:52 PM, said:

I think lots of Brits find him irritating, but I think he's hilarious, and you should check out 8 OF 10 CATS videos online...it's a panel show Carr hosts (usually with other comedians) and it's consistently great and funny. One fo the funny guys I also like is on it a lot (Sean Lock).

If you like 8 out of 10 cats..., you really should check out '8 out of 10 cats does Countdown'. It is actually much better than the original show, at least in my opinion. It was originally meant as a one-off spoof show for a national charity event, where they mashed two completely different TV shows for a laugh. But it proved such a hilarious concept that they turned it into a full show, which has been running for several seasons now alongside the original 8 out of 10 cats. It has the same teams captains (Lock and Richardson) and Jimmy Carr hosting it, but the addition of the Countdown game concept (which, for those of you who don't know it is a very long-running daytime TV game show where candidates have to form words from selected letters and solve maths equations, quite serious and Mastermind-y) really took the setting to a whole new level.

https://www.youtube....h?v=1Gdd2x9AIJw

[edit]oh sorry, Just realised that the Youtube clip you had added was actually form 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown, not 8 out of 10 cats. They are two different shows, though.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 26 May 2021 - 10:28 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6570 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 26 May 2021 - 10:26 AM

View Postchamp, on 25 May 2021 - 08:08 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 25 May 2021 - 07:56 PM, said:

That laugh has to be a very practiced gimmick yeah? I just tried it and choked. Now my throat is a bit sore.

I've seen him live and I actually think it's his normal laugh as he laughs like that all the time, especially when he really loses his shit and has a laugh attack. It's a laugh to stop traffic.

Yeah, saw him live ages ago as well. Definitely his real laugh.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6571 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 May 2021 - 10:48 AM

Jimmy Carr is a real life pinocchio doll that came to life. That laugh you hear is a mechanic bellows hidden in his chest cavity.

#6572 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 May 2021 - 01:24 PM

View PostGorefest, on 26 May 2021 - 10:25 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 May 2021 - 04:52 PM, said:

If you like 8 out of 10 cats..., you really should check out '8 out of 10 cats does Countdown'. It is actually much better than the original show, at least in my opinion. It was originally meant as a one-off spoof show for a national charity event, where they mashed two completely different TV shows for a laugh. But it proved such a hilarious concept that they turned it into a full show, which has been running for several seasons now alongside the original 8 out of 10 cats. It has the same teams captains (Lock and Richardson) and Jimmy Carr hosting it, but the addition of the Countdown game concept (which, for those of you who don't know it is a very long-running daytime TV game show where candidates have to form words from selected letters and solve maths equations, quite serious and Mastermind-y) really took the setting to a whole new level.

https://www.youtube....h?v=1Gdd2x9AIJw

[edit]oh sorry, Just realised that the Youtube clip you had added was actually form 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown, not 8 out of 10 cats. They are two different shows, though.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that there are two shows.

#6573 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 May 2021 - 08:14 PM

Hells to the yes! Mr Inbetween returned for season 3.

The promotional poster is rad.

Posted Image

#6574 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:14 PM

Just watched the forgettable trailer for The Tomorrow War.

I've realized that all sci-fi stories, that involve warfare and take place in the future, have been ruined for me. All I could think while watching the trailer was "Why don't they just use military drones instead of humans?"

This is basically the answer to any future combat scenario where you don't come up with some Skynet clause.

#6575 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:48 PM

Why aren't the Star Destroyers droids, Apt? Why!?!

This post has been edited by amphibian: 28 May 2021 - 02:48 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#6576 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 May 2021 - 03:06 PM

View PostAptorian, on 28 May 2021 - 02:14 PM, said:

Just watched the forgettable trailer for The Tomorrow War.

I've realized that all sci-fi stories, that involve warfare and take place in the future, have been ruined for me. All I could think while watching the trailer was "Why don't they just use military drones instead of humans?"

This is basically the answer to any future combat scenario where you don't come up with some Skynet clause.

Indeed.

Worse...if you're going back in time to recruit soldiers for your war with aliens and thus have access to time travel tech, why not just go back and prepare better for the invasion? I have WAY too many questions about that movie for it to be any good.

Oh, and they are still using bullets 30+ years in the future....and not some form of railgun or lasers....but they have time travel tech? Feck off.

#6577 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 May 2021 - 03:55 PM

View Postamphibian, on 28 May 2021 - 02:48 PM, said:

Why aren't the Star Destroyers droids, Apt? Why!?!

It's because the Star Wars universe is prejudiced against robots. When R2D2 writes it's memoirs it's going to be called 212 years a slave.

#6578 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:45 PM

I forgot about Lucifer during the first season because it was a travesty of a TV adaption.

#6579 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 May 2021 - 07:46 PM

I have bashed through almost all 5 of the seasons available on Netflix of SUPERSTORE (The 6th season is not yet on CDN Netflix). You know this has fast become one of my fave shows, it's just really fun to watch, and there have been some FUNNY episodes. And I like everyone to varying degrees for different reasons, but Cheyanne is still my favourite.

There's one ep where Bo comes to work as a Seasonal employee and is wearing a shirt with someone giving the middle finger and the finger is also a dick...and he spends the rest of the episode wearing a Minions shirt as a result and I could not stop laughing. I don't know why.

#6580 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 June 2021 - 06:41 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 May 2021 - 08:14 PM, said:

Hells to the yes! Mr Inbetween returned for season 3.

The promotional poster is rad.

Posted Image

Found out this 3rd season will be the last season. And the way the season opens in the first two episodes you can tell it is going to be the last season and it seems like it won't be a happy ending. Hope I'm wrong.

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users