• You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#8781 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 11 September 2021 - 02:12 PM

Ted Lasso.

^_^ ^_^ :lol: :lol: :wub: :wub: :crybaby: :crybaby:
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#8782 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 September 2021 - 11:44 PM

Watched the NatGeo documentary 9/11 - One Day in America. Six parts. It was a lot to take in. Too much in fact.

#8783 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 13 September 2021 - 04:33 AM

Finished Dark. That was pretty satisfactory how they wrapped it up (always tricky with time travel). I too would like a bright yellow Jonas coat (I believe they're called Friesennerz or something?)

Mrs Tiste and I finished Snowpiercer which was honestly one of the best shows I've seen in a long while. Like, it's just excellent from start to finish. Daveed Diggs is utterly wonderful but just about every character really carries their own weight in this. I've never loved hating Sean Bean so much!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8784 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:12 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 13 September 2021 - 04:33 AM, said:

Finished Dark. That was pretty satisfactory how they wrapped it up (always tricky with time travel). I too would like a bright yellow Jonas coat (I believe they're called Friesennerz or something?)

Mrs Tiste and I finished Snowpiercer which was honestly one of the best shows I've seen in a long while. Like, it's just excellent from start to finish. Daveed Diggs is utterly wonderful but just about every character really carries their own weight in this. I've never loved hating Sean Bean so much!

Heck yes. I've been on the fence about Snowpiercer, good to know.

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#8785 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:03 PM

I just started watching Bridgerton. I knew nothing of it other than it was a big thing a while back. I assumed it was a Netflix rip off of Downton Abbey but it's actually a sexy sweary Netflix rip off of Downton Abbey. Two episodes in and I like it. The Duke of Hastings is quite a fellow.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#8786 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:18 AM

Oh man, this is comedy gold. Monday Night Football is running a simulcast with the Manning bros.

#8787 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:36 AM

Anyone watch Mr Inbetween? Any good? Last week when I had a full house I saw a mini marathon was on so I dvred the eps. I think it went into S2. I watched the 1st 3 episodes while in the living room kicked out my den and it was sort of interesting. Not sure when I ll get around to watching the others on that tv as Im rarely in that room.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#8788 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 14 September 2021 - 02:31 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 13 September 2021 - 09:12 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 13 September 2021 - 04:33 AM, said:

Heck yes. I've been on the fence about Snowpiercer, good to know.

Honestly it was a lot more powerful than I thought it was going to be. They have a lot more space to explore the themes and allegories than the film did. I hope you like it!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8789 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:26 PM

Y: The Last Man is out!

#8790 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:30 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 13 September 2021 - 10:03 PM, said:

I just started watching Bridgerton. I knew nothing of it other than it was a big thing a while back. I assumed it was a Netflix rip off of Downton Abbey but it's actually a sexy sweary Netflix rip off of Downton Abbey. Two episodes in and I like it. The Duke of Hastings is quite a fellow.

We loved it. My only issue is that every season (like every book in the series) will focus on a different sibling's life/love life, so this is the last we see of Rge-Jean Page apparently for a while according to the actor.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#8791 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:56 PM

huh, the new season (s3) of Tacoma FD starts tonight. Man oh man, the zany high jinks that crew gets up to. If you guys are unfamiliar, the guys behind Super Troopers are behind the show.

#8792 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:24 PM

This Murdaugh shit is like a tv show in real life.

#8793 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• House Knight

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:29 AM

'Chess Pioneer Sues, Saying She Was Slighted in 'The Queen's Gambit'

Nona Gaprindashvili, a history-making chess champion, sued Netflix after a line in the series mentioned her by name and said she had "never faced men." She had, often.

[...] the first woman to be named a grandmaster. Now 80 years old and living in Tbilisi, Georgia, she was pained to learn that the television show had erased her many successes against male opponents. [...]

[...] seeking millions of dollars in damages for what the suit claims is a "devastating falsehood, undermining and degrading her accomplishments before an audience of many millions" and calling for the line about her not facing men to be removed.

"They were trying to do this fictional character who was blazing the trail for other women, when in reality I had already blazed the trail and inspired generations," Ms. Gaprindashvili said in a recent video interview arranged by her lawyers, speaking in Georgian, which was translated to English by her grandson. "That's the irony."

[...] The suit claims that the line that she had "never faced men" caused professional harm to Ms. Gaprindashvili, who continues to compete in senior chess tournaments, and notes that "The Queen's Gambit" was viewed in more than 62 million households in the first month after its release.

[...] "This is my entire life that has been crossed out, as though it is not important,"'

https://www.nytimes....it-lawsuit.html

Never did get around to watching that. Or should I be boycotting it now?... so much on the to-watch list....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 17 September 2021 - 01:29 AM

#8794 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:50 AM

The Queen's Gambit was an excellent show, highly recommended.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8795 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• Destriant

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:18 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 September 2021 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 13 September 2021 - 10:03 PM, said:

We loved it. My only issue is that every season (like every book in the series) will focus on a different sibling's life/love life, so this is the last we see of Rége-Jean Page apparently for a while according to the actor.

He's currently shooting the Dungeons and Dragons film, I believe! But I'll be sad at lack of Duke of Hastings in the next series.

I enjoyed Bridgerton, and went in with a similar expectation as Mezla. Julie Andrews sounds like she's having way too much fun being the narrator.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 17 September 2021 - 10:19 AM

- Wyrd bi ful ard -

#8796 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:37 PM

My adventure down the 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown YouTube hole has led me to watching all kinds of British panel shows. QI and Would I lie to you I've seen before but Taskmaster was new to me.

This show is phenomenal. I love when the challenges are designed in such a way that you can circumvent them or break them if you're clever.

Not sure I like the relationship between Greg Davis and Alex Horn though. Davis is so mean to Little Alex Horn.

#8797 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:12 PM

Lmao Tacoma FD is still firing along and Im pissing myself loln! Anyone watching this gold?

If you aint you are missing out big time on the jollies.

#8798 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 17 September 2021 - 08:25 PM

Sex Education S3 is here!

#8799 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:30 AM

Aptorian, on 17 September 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

My adventure down the 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown YouTube hole has led me to watching all kinds of British panel shows. QI and Would I lie to you I've seen before but Taskmaster was new to me.

This show is phenomenal. I love when the challenges are designed in such a way that you can circumvent them or break them if you're clever.

Not sure I like the relationship between Greg Davis and Alex Horn though. Davis is so mean to Little Alex Horn.

It is all in jest. Horne is the creator of and main guy on the show and he is the one who picked Greg for the role. So no need to feel sorry for him. One of the best panel shows ever, in my humble opinion.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 18 September 2021 - 06:32 AM

She went and she left me like litter. She took all future summers with her. I lost all my money cuz I tried to bribe her. Now I can only afford an amateur sniper.

#8800 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:47 AM

Gorefest, on 18 September 2021 - 06:30 AM, said:

Aptorian, on 17 September 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

It is all in jest. Horne is the creator of and main guy on the show and he is the one who picked Greg for the role. So no need to feel sorry for him. One of the best panel shows ever, in my humble opinion.

Taskmaster is incredible. Alex Horne is a very funny guy and full props to him for the format and ingenuity!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 441 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users