• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#8381 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 17 March 2021 - 12:26 AM

Woot! Got DVR to 65% full. Itís been more then a minute since itís been that low.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#8382 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:40 PM

Watched the first episode of THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT on HBO MAx...and I have two issues with it so far.

1. Kaley Cuoco is INGRAINED in my consciousness as Penny from Big Bang Theory...so taking her serious on this show is HARD.
2. They edit montages and phone calls, and stuff like that with separate windows (2-4) like a really bizarre 24 homage...but without the cleverness..and it's fucking IRRITATING. Worse, when it's 2 windows, they allow both to be widescreen formatted, and thus you have massive (like more than half the screen) black bars and the action is in two thin windows.

Beyond that it's fine I guess..but the lead is full tilt hallucinating and is a raging alcoholic...I'm sure this is done to throw the viewer off of what is going on...it's a mystery show after all...but holy shit it's blatant and obvious.

She also makes DUMB decisions. Like my wife and I kept going "why would she do ________ instead of __________?"

Anyways...not sure how much we'll watch...it better impress us with the second episode or we might jump off.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#8383 User is online   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:14 PM

I'm watching the Helstrom TV show. It's incredibly mediocre.

I started watching it on a whim after learning it was based on a couple of C-tier Marvel characters but like everything else that gets translated from comics, it's diluted and utterly derivative of every supernatural trope you've heard of. It's not even good at being scary.

The actress playing the Helstrom kids mom is great though. Only one doing some serious acting.

I'm four episodes in so I might as well finish the season. Supposedly there won't be a second season, which is doing everyone a favour.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 23 March 2021 - 08:18 PM

#8384 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 23 March 2021 - 09:32 PM

We watched the Netflix original THE ONE and it was fantastic. Really gripping, we absolutely flow through it, very much hope they make another series.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8385 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 March 2021 - 05:34 PM

Finished up the first season of 30 Coins (also 30 Monedas). The way they left it, looks like it is set up for a second season.

A Fun horror romp. It's got some issues, but I enjoyed it. Part cursed artifact horror in early episodes, part telenovela, which may put folks off (it has some cheesy romantic triangle intrigue), part Guillermo del Toro horror aesthetic dipped in Catholic mystery/folklore. I will be down to check out a season 2, if that happens.

#8386 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:26 PM

So I noticed on IMDB that they're making a series of the superb graphic novels Y: THE LAST MAN and I am so in. It's going to be on FX I think so I dunno how I'm going to watch it.

There's not much info on there yet (due "late 2021") but I'll be keeping an eye out for info!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8387 User is online   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 March 2021 - 08:54 AM

Been watching more TV for once.

Finally got into and finished the VandaVision TV-show. I had a hard time getting through the awkward comedy of the first three episodes. Weird and embarrassing humor makes my toes curl. But once I got into it, it was quite good. I'd never heard about the Scarlet Witch origin myth before so that was cool. I think the ending was a bit... easy? For lack of a better word. There was a lot of conflicting representations of what Wanda can actually do with her powers but that's TV-writing for you.

Started up Castle. Never watched this show before but it's TV mystery crime at it's best. I love how the show plays with the premise of how a crime story would be written versus "the real" crime and detective work. Very low stakes which makes it easy to relax with.

Also watched the first few episodes of Suits. That is a very cool show. Though, it's hard not to laugh at how fast that show moves. Cases open up, get a court date, interviews are made, negotiations happen, massive amounts of research takes place - And it all happens in about 48 hours, handled by three people. I wonder how big law firms earn so much money when they work so fast and only charge a 1000 dollars an hour.

#8388 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:42 PM

Final Grishaverse trailer. Looks tight! Jessie Mei Li looks especially great as Alina.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#8389 User is online   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 April 2021 - 10:41 AM

Watching more Castle. Halfway into season 2.

I made the mistake of googling the show and learned that apparently the two lead actors hate each other. And apparently the rest of the crew weren't all that fond of Nathan Fillion.

It's impossible not to think about it when Castle and Beckett are flirting.

#8390 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:28 PM

Okay Jeopardy! nerds, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is going to start his two week guest hosting stint Monday. From what I gather he's a big fan of the show, and even appeared on the celebrity competition. I'll check it out to see how he handles the job. I think he'll probably do well enough. Can't do worse then Dr. Oz.

#8391 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:11 PM

We don't have a thread for Star Trek: LOWER DECKS, so here's the trailer that dropped yesterday on First Contact Day for S2.

Ripping on Riker is always funny!

Share this topic:

• 420 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users