Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1862 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostObdigore, on 17 December 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

I would like to run the next Dresden game starting mid January.

It will be a more Faction orientated game, with a Double 'unlynchable so long as their 'shield' players are alive' mechanic, the vast majority of people will choose a team during gameplay, and some other surprise roles/mechanics, but nothing with rooms/items.

It will be set in the Dresden Universe and entail a hidden war between Summer and Winter.

You will not be able to select your character this time, it will be a random draw, and the frequency of actions will be much lower (so I can keep up, you goddamn action spammers).

I would say it is a TMDI 10, due to a few of the odd roles that will be involved, but nothing as odd/unbalanced/crazy as the past few games have been.

I'm posting here as a notification and to make sure I'm not stepping on anyones toes. I'm looking on starting on the 12th or the 19th.

Hoping for at least 15 players.

I take it this isn't gonna get run for the 12th?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1863 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 January 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 17 December 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

I would like to run the next Dresden game starting mid January.

It will be a more Faction orientated game, with a Double 'unlynchable so long as their 'shield' players are alive' mechanic, the vast majority of people will choose a team during gameplay, and some other surprise roles/mechanics, but nothing with rooms/items.

It will be set in the Dresden Universe and entail a hidden war between Summer and Winter.

You will not be able to select your character this time, it will be a random draw, and the frequency of actions will be much lower (so I can keep up, you goddamn action spammers).

I would say it is a TMDI 10, due to a few of the odd roles that will be involved, but nothing as odd/unbalanced/crazy as the past few games have been.

I'm posting here as a notification and to make sure I'm not stepping on anyones toes. I'm looking on starting on the 12th or the 19th.

Hoping for at least 15 players.

I take it this isn't gonna get run for the 12th?

It can if people sign up. I assumed the Top Gun game was going, but it appears to be a no-go. We will see what kind of interest there is and go from there.

I've posted a sign-up thread.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#1864 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

I am almost finished with the design of the new game. But.... I will be on holiday in the coming week and want to do some more maths, so I am looking at early march instead of late february now.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1865 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:46 AM

View PostTapper, on 03 February 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

I am almost finished with the design of the new game. But.... I will be on holiday in the coming week and want to do some more maths, so I am looking at early march instead of late february now.

Any chance you're ready?

If not, I can put together my Gedderone Fete game if people are interested in another Malazan Mini.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1866 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

Not by a long shot: still have to set the map, test combat a little more, do some figures on resource flow :-(
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1867 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

Flash of inspiration tonight.

I have a high TMDI that is totally wacky and designed to create participation. Thinking altless, unless people protest.

Preview - Everyone starts RI

I can run it whenever.

This post has been edited by Shinrei: 02 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#1868 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:48 AM

View PostTapper, on 22 February 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

Not by a long shot: still have to set the map, test combat a little more, do some figures on resource flow :-(

View PostShinrei, on 02 March 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Flash of inspiration tonight.

I have a high TMDI that is totally wacky and designed to create participation. Thinking altless, unless people protest.

Preview - Everyone starts RI

I can run it whenever.

With HO dropping out Tapper's game is down to 11 even with me playing instead of modding. And he said 12 minimum.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1869 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

I've got a mini+/regular game that's 90% ready to go. Two factions but VC is "eliminate the opposition leader" and simple majority does not guarantee that condition.

Faction leaders pick their teams round robin from the sign up list two at a time. The leader who picks second gets to assign available rolls to their team members the first team's is randomized.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1870 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

I'd be willing to mod a death note mafia game that i played over the weekend. Not quite sure what the ins and outs of moddding on forum as well as a feel for what is or isn't balanced so i'd need a hand with that

#1871 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 12 August 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

I'd be willing to mod a death note mafia game that i played over the weekend. Not quite sure what the ins and outs of moddding on forum as well as a feel for what is or isn't balanced so i'd need a hand with that

I can help you out with your game if you want! Just PM me!

#1872 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:08 PM

im currently pming vengeance he said he'd help me out. I wouldn't mind a hand it's just i've already asked veng for a hand and i don't want to appears as if im throwing his help in his face.

#1873 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 14 August 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

im currently pming vengeance he said he'd help me out. I wouldn't mind a hand it's just i've already asked veng for a hand and i don't want to appears as if im throwing his help in his face.

No probs - I learned everything I know about modding and balance from Venge anyway! ;)

#1874 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

So i'd like to get a bit of a conversation started here. How does one balance a mafia game, is there a formula to follow?

http://www.maximumaw...fiaoriginal.htm

in the original game
6-7 players = 2 black cards + others red
8-10 players = 3 black cards + others red
11-13 players = 4 black cards + others red
14-16 players = 5 black cards + others red
Inform the players of the number of the black cards included.

yet at the same time with different rules and permutations i think we can easily create scenarios where we could have unbalanced games while following those deadlines.

#1875 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:39 PM

The basic rule is 3 town vs 1 scum ratio, but it gets more complicated when you start adding in the more complex roles.

Basically, you have to take into consideration every pro and con for each role you intend to add to your game, and make sure that the other team has something to counteract the role, or something that gives them an up that the other team doesn't have.

#1876 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:34 PM

Obdigore - Dresden Game
Lady Bliss (Blend as co-mod) - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Tapper - Mini
Tapper - Standard
Gnaw - Day of the Doctor
Blend - Agents of SHIELD

Is this current?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1877 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 16 October 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Obdigore - Dresden Game
Tapper - Mini
Tapper - Standard
Gnaw - Day of the Doctor
Blend - Agents of SHIELD

Is this current?

Hasn't been updated in a while. Obdi's Dresden game has already happened, as did Tapper's two games. My Agents of SHIELD game could still go, but not sure about Gnaw's Day of the Doctor game.

Lady B and I discussed her Buffy game when she first mentioned it, but I figure she didn't have time given her long absence.

-Blend
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#1878 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 16 October 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Obdigore - Dresden Game
Tapper - Mini
Tapper - Standard
Gnaw - Day of the Doctor
Blend - Agents of SHIELD

Is this current?

Hasn't been updated in a while. Obdi's Dresden game has already happened, as did Tapper's two games. My Agents of SHIELD game could still go, but not sure about Gnaw's Day of the Doctor game.

Lady B and I discussed her Buffy game when she first mentioned it, but I figure she didn't have time given her long absence.

-Blend

Sounds like Agents of shield then. :)

I've got one Cliche Storm 1

High TMDI.

Faction game with multiple partial winning combinations. )Cops are a group consisting of more than one faction so the cops can lose while some win and vice versa.)

No jester. No necromancer.

Coroner Finder role so CF results are not automatic.

Other details if enough interest is shown.

The problem is that it requires 15 players.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 16 October 2015 - 07:19 PM

#1879 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:57 PM

View PostGnaw, on 16 October 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 16 October 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Obdigore - Dresden Game
Tapper - Mini
Tapper - Standard
Gnaw - Day of the Doctor
Blend - Agents of SHIELD

Is this current?

-Blend

Sounds like Agents of shield then. :)

I've got one Cliche Storm 1

High TMDI.

Faction game with multiple partial winning combinations. )Cops are a group consisting of more than one faction so the cops can lose while some win and vice versa.)

No jester. No necromancer.

Coroner Finder role so CF results are not automatic.

Other details if enough interest is shown.

The problem is that it requires 15 players.

last game had 11 i believe? and that with two older player coming out of hiding. If we can get the players for this im all for it. If we were the schedule the game some time in the future where people were free?

#1880 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

I'd be in to play but I just started a new job so modding would be tough.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

Share this topic:

• 97 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users