• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

who or what is kruppe realy ?

#21 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

Hmm, isn't the Younger Gods bit just within his dreams, due to his cynicism.

It kinda comes back to the argument of whether you can defend against something simply by not acknowledging it, which usually comes up in Karsa debates.

I'd say that if a god attacked him in the physical world with magic he'd be stuffed. I mean, why would cynicism only apply to gods, how is there magic different than a mages?

If memory serves isn't it just something to do with his dreams being inacessible to them?

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#22 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

Nope, not just within his dreams and nothing to do with cynicism. It's how he is.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#23 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

View PostHetan, on Apr 14 2009, 05:39 PM, said:

Nope, not just within his dreams and nothing to do with cynicism. It's how he is.

At the creation of Silverfox, the Mhybe's words:

GotM, on p. 354, said:

'K'rul came in answer to the child's need and now aids us in our quest. He apologizes to you, Kruppe, for using the world within your dream, but no younger god can influence this place. Somehow you have made your soul immune to them.'

'The rewards of cynicism,' Kruppe said, bowing.

I always took this to mean Kruppe's dreamworld was immune to influence. Applying that to the man himself seems a stretch. The waking Kruppe is clearly vulnerable - witness his performance when Adjunct Lorn attacked his party outside Darujhistan, which came after the above quote.

It seems much more reasonable to stick with the conventional explanation of the Burn's hammer incident - that he was under the protection of K'rul by MoI, who had fully become his patron in the interim.

This post has been edited by Dolorous Menhir: 14 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

#24 User is offline   IWishIWasBlank 

• High House of Bass
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Computers<br /><br />Music<br /><br />Reading<br /><br />Chemistry<br /><br />(I think that's in order.)
  • Dizzles.

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

View Postchill, on Jul 23 2008, 07:17 AM, said:

Who else would like to see Iskaral Pust - Kruppe showdown?

It would probably take about 20 pages though...

I think 20 might be an underestimate knowing those two. I guess it depends on SE's cruel sense of humor when it comes to making us read every word just to figure out what's going on with those two nuts.
Pull the Strings! Pull the Strings!!!
- Bela Lugosi - (The Motion Picture) Ed Wood

#25 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Toll the Hounds spoiler:
Spoiler

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#26 User is offline   Soletaken Peach 

• Recruit

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:03 AM

View PostIWishIWasBlank, on May 28 2009, 10:47 AM, said:

View Postchill, on Jul 23 2008, 07:17 AM, said:

Who else would like to see Iskaral Pust - Kruppe showdown?

It would probably take about 20 pages though...

I think 20 might be an underestimate knowing those two. I guess it depends on SE's cruel sense of humor when it comes to making us read every word just to figure out what's going on with those two nuts.

Can't wait to read that. -cries-

#27 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Please keep any spoilers both relevant to the discussion, and marked with where they are from.

Cheers,

-Grief.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#28 User is offline   Overactive Imagination 

• High Fist

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

Kruppe is awesome

TTH spoilers

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Overactive Imagination: 09 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

#29 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostGrief, on 29 October 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Please keep any spoilers both relevant to the discussion, and marked with where they are from.

Cheers,

-Grief.

Lulz Grief did you just correct somebody 4 years into the past. That is some retro-active moderation if I've ever seen it :unworthy:

#30 User is offline   Fiddler 

• Fiddler

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

Holy thread necro by way of moderation!

#31 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

Did Brood actually attempt to hit Kruppe, i always read it as he came up short with the swing on purpose but kruppe basically didnt flinch, and that made him a badass.

#32 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

Well, he does deliberately hit the hammer down in front of Kruppe instead of on top of him, but to be fair: he is creating fissures and a mountain range from the point of impact, so I think that the assumption that he wasn't actually trying to hurt Kruppe is incorrect. The whole point of the hammer is that it interacts with Burn, so hitting Kruppe over the head with it would actually be a kind gesture compared to hitting the earth in front of him.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#33 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostGorefest, on 17 October 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Well, he does deliberately hit the hammer down in front of Kruppe instead of on top of him, but to be fair: he is creating fissures and a mountain range from the point of impact, so I think that the assumption that he wasn't actually trying to hurt Kruppe is incorrect. The whole point of the hammer is that it interacts with Burn, so hitting Kruppe over the head with it would actually be a kind gesture compared to hitting the earth in front of him.

Yea i went back and reread it last night, forgot about how it basically sent everyone else flying and debris flying through the air in the form of boulders and what not. Guess i forgot about all the other stuff and just remembered it more as a warning than something with some physical stuff behind it.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users