• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

waiting.

#21 User is offline   VampireGoat 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

Jackurcku is being covered in the final installments of the series I think. Thought thats what I heard alas don't have a solid source of evidence to support this just somethin I remeber reading somewhere.

As for buying the book, gonna have to book the day (or week) off work and be there chewing at the shop shutters before it opens trying to get in.

Just going past Forbidden Planet in london is painful atm what with the signs up by the door about the release and book signing.

#22 User is offline   phart 

• Fist

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

I get all my books from the local book-shop, in fact i just ordered them by phone (TTH ROTCG) 2 mins ago, and came on to say i had.

I got RG 7 days before release date this way. They phone me the day it arrives and i go down and collect, i have gotten all my new release books a bit earlier this way, i once got one 3 weeks early but that was a one-off. So i'm hoping to get it on the wednesday before the 1st of July (25th June) as that would be consistent with what i have had in the past.

So if you have a local independently run book shop go in and ask them to order it, Waterstones and Borders seem to get the books in but have the storage space to keep them till the actual release date. My own bookstore just gives them to me right away. Unfortunately i have yet to figure out a way to read it now.

Though one note Amazon might cost about £15 after posting and packaging i will have to pay the full retail price of £18.99 which is the only downside, but for me it doesn't bother me.

#23 User is offline   The Dark Wanderer 

• Captain

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

The wait is part of the whole process of wanting the book. Having said that, just seen some stuff on Amazon.co.uk which seems to have some more info than I've seen before (expand it to the See all Product Description and then From the Inside Flap) which makes me want it even more!!!!!!!

#24 User is offline   kcf 

• High Fist

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

I exchanged emails with SE's publicist earlier this week and she indicated that her review copies were coming in later this week. In the past they have not published ARCs - the review copies are the final version of the book that they send out as soon as they are available. This often means that bookstores get the books nearly as early as reviewers do and they often just go strait to the shelves. I think it's entirely possible that copies of TTH will start showing up in stores a week or two before release.

She didn't mention anything about the status of RotCG with Transworld since she's not working on that book.

#25 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

Nope, no maps with the proofs, but that's always the case. . .

Since a portion of RotCG occurs in Jacurucku, perhaps we'll get a map in the Transworld version...
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#26 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:21 AM

Let's hope so.

Jacuruku is the continent that is basically blasted to smithereens, right?

#27 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:32 AM

We don't actually know what Jacuruku looks like. It was scoured clean or something when K'rul removed damage of Kallors spite. Left to heal I believe is what K'rull said.

So it's had a hundred thousand years to return to normal.

#28 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:51 AM

Right. But it's still basically a continent that looks like it was hit by a bunch of comets, at least in my mind.

#29 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

I thought that was Korelri?

#30 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:54 AM

Hmmm...you may be right.

Under a month to go. You think Gruntle will be in this book Apt?

#31 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:05 AM

He'd better be. Even though he's actually Treaches pawn, I could see K'rull and Kruppe pulling him into one of their schemes.

I wonder if the year or two that's passed will mean he's completely forsaken Treach and the Tigerarmy or if he's embraced it and he's building an army.

#32 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:07 AM

I can't see a guy like Gruntle walking away, no matter how much he hates being used by a God, at least that's how he sees it. Also, the whole blurring into a bad ass Tiger killing machine just HAS to happen again...though he'll need some more followers for that.

I'm just wondering who the "villain" is in this book.

Clip?
Whoever or whatever the Tyrant is in Darujhistan.
Kallor?
Seguleh?

#33 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:22 AM

Clip and Kallor are probably the main villains. Or maybe Kallor is going to be the anti-hero of the story.

Kallor knows what the CG is doing and I don't think he wants to help the CG win. He did what he did in MoI because he wanted to get his revenge on Nightchill/Silverfox. In TtH we might find him doing something comepletely unsuspected.

Clip is probably going to be using Rakes children against him.

#34 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:27 AM

Yeah I kinda figured that much. I almost see Nimander killing Rake, rather than Clip.

Kallor, as far as I know of the sneak peek I got, was wandering through some sort of landscape and of course wasn't happy. Shocking I know. Ultimately, what does Kallor want? Dominion over his own Empire again? An end to all magic?

#35 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:37 AM

You have a point about Kallor wanting magic dead. Maybe he does want Burn dead but I doubt he wants the CG to come out as the ultimate winner.

The question is, how does Kallor usurp the CGs power? Que some Dr Doom type KCCM contraption to suck out all the CGs power.

#36 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:41 AM

That seems to be the ace up his sleeve. He may be wandering through the Imperial Warren looking for that lost KCCM technology.

Perhaps he knows some way to harness power in that way.

Another intriguing part of Kallor is, is he one of the few completely "bad" characters we have?

#37 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:45 AM

Xander;323869 said:

That seems to be the ace up his sleeve. He may be wandering through the Imperial Warren looking for that lost KCCM technology.

Perhaps he knows some way to harness power in that way.

Another intriguing part of Kallor is, is he one of the few completely "bad" characters we have?

I'd say so. Good and Evil in the books is debatable but he hasn't done/said/thought anything that ISN'T bad. A bit like that bastard Korbolo Dom.;)

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

I've just re-read the last four chapters and it's one of the best written *books* that Steve has produced...

I shit you not :o
I've also Sent an email for a confirmation on the release date - which I fully expect to be July 1st.

#39 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

Hetan;326454 said:

I've just re-read the last four chapters and it's one of the best written *books* that Steve has produced...

I shit you not :o
I've also Sent an email for a confirmation on the release date - which I fully expect to be July 1st.

BRAINZ

- Abyss, argh...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#40 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:05 PM

Abyss;327030 said:

BRAINZ

- Abyss, argh...

That sorta sums it up for us all.

This will be me the day I'm waiting by my mailbox for my book---->:o

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users