• You cannot reply to this topic

Mighty Mighty Munster. Champions of Europe

#1 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:49 AM

I see that Munster have managed to win the Heineken Cup for the second time in 3 years. Champions of Europe again.

I've just seen some of the footage and the crowd support for Munster looks amazing as usual. It's just a pity it wasn't a Munster - London Irish final. That would have been a crazy event.

Anyone here watch it?

I've just spotted there is a replay on the TV right now here, so i'm off to actually watch it now. Yeah.

Why oh Why does the Ireland rugby team suck on the big stage when one of their provincial sides can be so tough mentally?

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#2 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

I'll be honest, after the first 20 minutes I'd written Munster off entirely. Toulouse were all over them, and looked certain to romp to an easy victory, but Munster showed a hell of a lot of resiliance, and I think overall deserved to win in the end. On the other hand, Toulouse weren't at there best at any point in the match really.

Though I'd forgotten exactly how good Cedric Heymans can be. I mean, dahhhmn!

The good news for Ireland is that Declan Kidney will probably bring that sort of resiliance to the national side when he takes over. And of course it will help that seven eighths of the Irish pack is from Munster anyway, so will know him very well and be comfortable playing under him.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users