Malazan Empire: Just a random musing that have plagued me lately - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just a random musing that have plagued me lately

#21 User is offline   eekwibble 

• Only...
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:West Haaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

Lady Envy tells Toc the Younger in MoI that Garath;

"could indeed be a Hound of Shadow. I believe however, that he is somewhat... reluctant."

(the quote is from memory, so it may be slightly awry).
This kind of suggests that the HoS aren't a D'ivers, more of a... community/family, death hound squad.
Either way it seems likely that Onrack holds the key to some hidden knowledge.

"Dessimbelackis," Onrack whispered. "The founder of the human First Empire. long vanished by the time of the unleashing of the Beast Ritual. It was believed he had ... veered."
"D'ivers?" (Trull)
"Aye." (Onrack)
"And the Beasts numbered?" (Trull)
"Seven." (Onrack)

"If they (the HoS) are but reflections, then there must be Hounds of Darkness, from which they were torn," Onrack persisted, "Yet there is no knowledge of such..." The T'lan Imass suddenly fell silent. Trull laughed. "It seems you know more of the Human First Empire then you first indicated."

Onrack obviously figured something out but it's down to SE what that was and when we'll get to find out because there's no further explanation on the subject to date.

What I want to know is; If the HoS WERE 'torn' from the Hounds of Darkness, where are the Bitches of Light they got jiggy with? :heyhey:

#22 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

I'm pretty sure Onrack is coming to the same conclusion as everybody else... he is thinking "Gee, I just saw seven giant Dog-looking statues recently, maybe there's a link between them and the Hounds".

eekwibble said:

What I want to know is; If the HoS WERE 'torn' from the Hounds of Darkness, where are the Bitches of Light they got jiggy with?

While I'm sure you were just being jokerly, there are many who will take this very seriously, so I must therefore doth pronounce that lots of things cast shadows into the shadow realm. If the Hounds are indeed 'shadows' of the Deragoth, there doesn't have to be any Camels of Light to balance the triumvirate or some such...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users