• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Greatest DVD Player of All Time?

#1 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

Seriously, this the shit.

Although, if I actually saw this at someone's house I'm not sure if I'd think it was the greatest thing ever or my geek-metre would explode and I would have to retreat from the premises.

Still, impressive functionality :D
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

Oh my, I'm not even particularly fond of Star Wars and I still want one...

#3 User is offline   Elan Morin Tedronai 

• Captain

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

That is fucking awesome :D

I want one...

#4 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

A friend of mine said, "Cool, but seriously, isn't the Millennium Falcon remote control going too far?"

My reply: "Dude, it's a fecking lifesize R2-D2 that projects your favourite movies onto the wall. Be thankful it doesn't come with a Darth Vader regeneration chamber to sit in and headphones shaped like Leia's Ep 4 hairstyle."
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#5 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:08 AM

I want one. I want one bad. That's a good commercial too. I'm impressed.
Error: Signature not valid

#6 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

That has seriously got to be the nerdiest thing I have EVAR seen. I'm a pretty big nerd and I can safely say that it's several steps of nerdiness above anything I've ever attempted. I can't even rate it on a scale of 1 to 11, because it's nerdiness is incalculable.

Agree very much with wert. I'd not be able to stay at somebody's house that owned one of those. Geekometer would totally explode. I gotta side with your friend though wert, the remote is over the top in more ways than one...but that's precisely what makes the entire thing so awesome.

I can just imagine the dorks at Lucas Arts high-fiving each other when they came up with the idea. They make a goddamn R2D2 projector that has HD hookups, usb inputs and can drive itself around...and THEN instead of giving it some kind of lamewad handheld remote, they disguise the thing inside a pedestal-mounted millenium fucking falcon. Holy shit...geekometer is close to exploding without even seeing the thing in person.

The only thing it's missing is an erection-shaped lightsaber so you can stroke it while watching Empire Strikes Back on your ceiling.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users