• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The state of affairs in 7C

#1 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

Well we know TtH will be in Genebackis and DoD is said to be going back to Lether.
But I can't help but think that we left a crapload of unanswered stuff in 7C.

Though some of these could have moved on to other places, here are a few things we left unresolved on 7C:
-Felisin the Fatter's cult of crippledness, which we're to believe will be quite consuming and potent.
-The First Throne, now fused with Monok Ochem. Just because the Edur are defeated doesn't mean the CG will stop trying for it.
-The Hounds, with the Deragoth in pursuit.
-Ganath's ritual, the skykeep, the Nah'ruk and a dead Sorrit.
-The guardian of the Jaghut Death-bridge is still running around in the western Odhans.
-Paran and the Host, but we'll probably see them in RotCG since he was heading to Quon Tali after 7C.

There is a lot left to cover on that continent. However, the interview/blog at http://aidanmoher.com/blog/?p=65 says that DoD and tCG "will essentially read as one gigantic novel". Thus it seems a tad unlikely we would have a big part of it in Lether and then go back to 7C.

So, how do you guys envision these things being wrapped up in the next 3 novels?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:37 AM

hmmm
I believe SE said that he's done with 7C

The first throne was supposedly moved? I believe it's on Quon Tali now.

Felisin the Fatter is supposedly after the influence of CG only temporarily (according to Paran), and will eventually grow to be apower unto itself.

The Degaroth and the Hounds are likely gonna do a bunch of warren-hopping to emerge in TtH

Guardian of the bridge--I really don't remeber what happened to him... if you may refresh my memory?

Skykeeps/Sorrit/KCNR will probably be back in some fashion... though not necessarily on 7C

once thing that I AM interested in, though is the "Champion of the Beast Hold"--the pureblood TTT with an en'kar'al's spirit inside it...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:45 AM

kud13;287012 said:

Guardian of the bridge--I really don't remeber what happened to him... if you may refresh my memory?

After Paran sends it through his magical card, it shows up in the anibar forest and kills a few anibar. Karsa comes across it and chases it but it escapes.

Skykeeps/Sorrit/KCNR will probably be back in some fashion... though not necessarily on 7C

right, but how are they going to get a sky keep out from under the ground? Obviously Ganath failing to repair her ritual will alleviate the ice in and around the keep, but it's still underground.

once thing that I AM interested in, though is the "Champion of the Beast Hold"--the pureblood TTT with an en'kar'al's spirit inside it...

I knew I was forgetting a good one!

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4 User is offline   Ammanas 

• UberSchemer
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:59 AM

A said:

Well we know TtH will be in Genebackis and DoD is said to be going back to Lether.
But I can't help but think that we left a crapload of unanswered stuff in 7C.

Though some of these could have moved on to other places, here are a few things we left unresolved on 7C:
-Felisin the Fatter's cult of crippledness, which we're to believe will be quite consuming and potent.
-The First Throne, now fused with Monok Ochem. Just because the Edur are defeated doesn't mean the CG will stop trying for it.
-The Hounds, with the Deragoth in pursuit.
-Ganath's ritual, the skykeep, the Nah'ruk and a dead Sorrit.
-The guardian of the Jaghut Death-bridge is still running around in the western Odhans.
-Paran and the Host, but we'll probably see them in RotCG since he was heading to Quon Tali after 7C.

There is a lot left to cover on that continent. However, the interview/blog at http://aidanmoher.com/blog/?p=65 says that DoD and tCG "will essentially read as one gigantic novel". Thus it seems a tad unlikely we would have a big part of it in Lether and then go back to 7C.

So, how do you guys envision these things being wrapped up in the next 3 novels?

I predict Fat Felisin's cult won't figure into the upcoming convergence but later on it will be a huge messy prob for the Malaz Empire or whatever Empire controls 7C. I think after the dust settles and the blood dries her cult will gain a lot of members and power. A parting shot from the CG, sewing chaos after he departs.

The Hounds can no longer return to the Shadow Realm if what ST told Paran is true. He stated, "if the Deragoth enter the Shadow Realm looking for the Hounds, there will be no stopping them." 1) This means ST believes whatever demons are under his control won't be able to stop the Deragoth.
2) This was the only reason he sent them to 7C to begin with.

NOTE: If I were ST, I'd send them to eliminate Fat Felisin's cult.

Maybe I missed the reason but it's not clear to me why Paran went to Quon Tali. He owes Hood something, maybe that something is in Quon Tali. I still believe there is a brother sister reunion coming before the end.

Finding and killing the guardian of the death bridge sounds like a job for the Warleader and his merry band of Toblakai. While they're there maybe they should confront the 5 remaining Deragoth.

I have no sense of the role the KCCM will play. I hope the mystery of Sorrit's death is explained.

#5 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:06 AM

hmm
well, in answer to the guardian--it's in the forest, it's an animal, I doubt SE will it give it much further thought..

as for the skykeep--they're the mechanics extraordinaire KCNR--remember the metallic bugs in their stomachs? I'm sure they'll think of away to dig it up, or drag it into theier warren, or w/e...

2 james: does ST even know about Felisin the Fatter and her salvation cult/card?

As for Paran, we may get a reunion, but I strongly doubt that it'll be in Quon Tali... I'm thining more like "the crippled God" somewhere on Jacurucu...

As for DoD, one book (out of 4) will supposedly wrap up all things on Lether (mainly in the Eastrn part of it), and the rest + tCG will be all about the final smackdown... that's the impressoin I got from the interviews..

#6 User is offline   Ammanas 

• UberSchemer

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:33 AM

kud13;287027 said:

2 james: does ST even know about Felisin the Fatter and her salvation cult/card?..

Hmm, Cotillion knows Cutter failed to protect young Felisin and says something to the effect of "she's serving the purpose he and ST intended but for the CG, not themselves." Whether they know specifically of the salvation card in the Deck, I don't know.

#7 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:33 AM

Just because we won't be revisiting Seven Cities doesn't mean we won't see people/factions from the continent in the following books.

Of course, the Nahruk are up to something and I think we'll see them in DoD, if not TtH....question is...are they allied finally with their kin the KCCM? Or are they pursuing their own interests?

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

Keeping in mind that MOST (not all) of 7C was depopulated by Poliel, Felisin Fatter's CUlt is the only real power now. AND they have abunch of plague carriers as members, so it's not likely anyone will mess with them. I took the point of the end of her storyline as essentially she went from being this abused little orphan girl to a pawn of the CG who won free. End of story.

I could be wrong, but isn't the First Throne located in a warren? As for Mo', i suspect that having a Bonecaster merged into it may have recharged the throne. We may see it again.

The Hounds eluded the Deragoth, at least for the time being. The Deragoth were native to 7C in the first place, so they are probably still hanging around for now.

Ganath's ritual is ending, and the Skykeep is broken unless the KN decide to fix/free it somehow. In any event, the KChain storyline is running and the 7C part was only an aside to it.

The bridge guardian is frolicking in the fields in the north, eating small tribesman. What more do you need to know? That said, Samar suggested it was ill suited to the climate up thses, so it may just die.

Paran and the Host have left. He has the last 7C military force as part of the Host now.

I could still see an end-point to Karsa's storyline with him gathering the bits and pieces of the T3 race from Genabackis and Leth and moving them all to 7C. The plague won't bother them and he has a karmic connection with the land, plus, hey, Jhag horses for everyone!

- Abyss, proud creator of the term 'Felisin Fatter'...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9 User is offline   Ammanas 

• UberSchemer

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

Abyss;287254 said:

Keeping in mind that MOST (not all) of 7C was depopulated by Poliel, Felisin Fatter's CUlt is the only real power now. AND they have abunch of plague carriers as members, so it's not likely anyone will mess with them. I took the point of the end of her storyline as essentially she went from being this abused little orphan girl to a pawn of the CG who won free. End of story.

- Abyss, proud creator of the term 'Felisin Fatter'...

All the more reason to unleash the Hounds or the Deragoth on her forces. I doubt the plague will affect the Deragoth or the Hounds. Actually, it might be better if the Deragoth took the job, got the plague and eventually died. One more uncontrollable, vicious center of power removed from Wu.

#10 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:05 PM

I agree that 7C is about played out. There's nothing there except otataral for the Malaz empire at this point. Felisin Fatter's army could have some play with the malaz empire later on, but there just isn't anything major there to advance the MBotF storyline.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#11 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:36 AM

I had the impression that even the cult was running down. If my memory serves me correctly, the nodules denoting plague carriers were starting to heal last time we visited the cult. With the death of Poliel the plague has lost its potentcy. They may still come into play with thier message of salvation, but not as plague spreaders.

The underground skykeep was only one of many mentioned. If the warrens roughly map to the main world (something I believe is correct with the exception of shadow), the rest of the skykeeps in the imperial warren are also in seven cities currently. Where tey come in, or if they just resume the revolutionary war against thier kin half a world away, will make for a huge difference in the power alignment.

#12 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:11 AM

Yes, but the ones in the Imperial warren are full of K'Chain Che'malle, while the one under seven cities has been down there a while and the surviving Nah'ruk who command it went to sleep for a long, long time. We can't assume these two forces are even aware of each other, let alone working in tandem.

#13 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:20 AM

Hmmmmmm.
Paran owes Hood a favour. He is going to Quon Tali. In RotCG. Hood dislikes both Skinner (avowed of the CG), and Dassem (possibly Traveller). Either one could be a target that Hood said he wanted Paran to eliminate...

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#14 User is offline   buddhacat 

• Fist

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:10 AM

Silencer;287573 said:

Hmmmmmm.
Paran owes Hood a favour. He is going to Quon Tali. In RotCG. Hood dislikes both Skinner (avowed of the CG), and Dassem (possibly Traveller). Either one could be a target that Hood said he wanted Paran to eliminate...

Hood does not want Paran to eliminate anyone. He wants a wife, is all.

Buddhacat

#15 User is offline   Kurt Montandon 

• First Sword

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:39 AM

kud13;287027 said:

hmm
well, in answer to the guardian--it's in the forest, it's an animal, I doubt SE will it give it much further thought..

I know it's probably just a mis-step on Erikson's part, but the creature in the woods had "eyes," while the creature that Paran and company encountered only had one eye.

#16 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

I anticipate the eventual meeting between Dujek and Paran.

"So, your a high fist now, how is that working out for you"
"insert generic reply about having your humanity torn away and wondering about how WJ ever managed to do it."

#17 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:47 AM

You do remember how Paran got his position of highfist, right?

Dujek died and left the command to Paran.

Perhaps you ment Dassem or someone?

#18 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

Oh damn, you are absolutely correct. Hm, actually I think I thought about Tavore, but she won't be coming back to the empire again, so I guess I will just blame the early hours on my "stupid" post :D

#19 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

kmmontandon;287591 said:

I know it's probably just a mis-step on Erikson's part, but the creature in the woods had "eyes," while the creature that Paran and company encountered only had one eye.

BLASPHEMY

#20 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

kud13;287704 said:

BLASPHEMY

CUT HIS HEAD OFF!!!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic