Malazan Empire: Dramatis Persona and Timeline - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dramatis Persona and Timeline

#1 User is offline   Wanderer 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Guitar, Film and TV and large and copious amounts of alcohol.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

Do we have one? Or an IDEA of one with the exception of Kruppe, Anomander , and possibly Apsalar and Crokus.

Also do we know if this will take place at the same time as the Malazan - Lether war?

#2 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:52 PM

Shadowthrone, Cotillion, Hood, K'rul and Cutter are all very likely candidates. Others like Karsa, Iskaral Pust, Spite, Mappo, Envy, the Seguleh etc. are all probables.

We don't have an official one at the moment that has been released. I think that TtH will take place roughly at the same time as RG but I'm not 100% sure, I can only remember something of the like.

#3 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

I assumed it would take place straight after RG, allowing Karsa to be involved after going through that gate at the end. It's possible he'll turn up partway through the book, though I imagine the Teblor invasion will be one of the major plotlines in this book, so his intro can't be too late.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

The timing is hard to estimate as crossing oceans takes a very long time. Since the Malazan fleet had to go all the way to Lether, it could even take place before or simultaneous to RG. However, I doubt Mappo and co. could make it across Meningalle Ocean very quickly on that little skipper-ship. We shall just have to wait and see.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#5 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

A said:

The timing is hard to estimate as crossing oceans takes a very long time. Since the Malazan fleet had to go all the way to Lether, it could even take place before or simultaneous to RG. However, I doubt Mappo and co. could make it across Meningalle Ocean very quickly on that little skipper-ship. We shall just have to wait and see.

Ah but with the Perish on board and their massive gates into warrens and such perhaps they can traverse to places a lot quicker?
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#6 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:45 PM

hmm, from what I gathered, the Perish and the Burning tears were sent off somewhere else... I could see it taking place at same time as RG with Karsa showing up somewhere in the middle of things.

As for Mappo + Co crossing the Meningale--how long did it take Kalam, Fiddler and the rest prior to DG?
Plus, they have a soletaken Eleint to drag them through poor weather, and they've started off a while ago (towards the end of tBH, and RG takes place at least a year later).
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#7 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:40 AM

kud13;286234 said:

hmm, from what I gathered, the Perish and the Burning tears were sent off somewhere else... I could see it taking place at same time as RG with Karsa showing up somewhere in the middle of things.

As for Mappo + Co crossing the Meningale--how long did it take Kalam, Fiddler and the rest prior to DG?
Plus, they have a soletaken Eleint to drag them through poor weather, and they've started off a while ago (towards the end of tBH, and RG takes place at least a year later).

It'd be cool to see TtH from Seguleh Island. Unexpected, hey?

I wonder if Coll will find his lovechild in this book? It might be someone we know- or someone connected with the whole thing (apart from Simtal, ofc)

#8 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:58 AM

It might be Kruppe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing official. We have no idea. These are not the droids you're looking for....

Pretty much all likely ones have been mentioned.Also possibly Vorcan/Rallick. The Bridgeburners.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#9 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:08 AM

Well, There may also be Gruntle, and since Karsa's daughters are off on an expedition of their own, I'll be expecting some more Malazans from Norther Genabackis, like the Ashok Regiment that we met in HoC...maybe some new Moranth characters as well... oh, and prolly Baudin...
hopefuly, Darujhistan is where QoD sent Leoman and his crew...

#10 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

kud13;288348 said:

Well, There may also be Gruntle, and since Karsa's daughters are off on an expedition of their own, I'll be expecting some more Malazans from Norther Genabackis, like the Ashok Regiment that we met in HoC...maybe some new Moranth characters as well... oh, and prolly Baudin...
hopefuly, Darujhistan is where QoD sent Leoman and his crew...

Lol... his crew consisted of himself and some Malazan tart.

I hope the Moranth come back into it, it'll be interesting to see how they've recovered from BC.

#11 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

Not exactly just some Malazan tart, she is Whiskeyjack's kid sister. I expect them to return at some point in the series, but don't see that QoD would have had use for them in Darujhistan. Then again, I certainly don't expect the entire book to take place there either.

L'oric and Greyfrog are another couple people I wouldn't be surprised to see in TtH.

#12 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

We'll be seeing pretty much everyone in Darujistan again, so the Bridgeburners, the nobles and surviving Cabal. Possibly the Second/Soldier of Death, and I'd think Gruntle and Stonny would be a cert.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#13 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:07 PM

Kruppe, Baruk, Cutter, Kallor and Pust are all definites, I've heard. That Kruppe/Pust meeting I've been praying for could well happen, as they'll both be in Darujhistan at some point...come on Tehol, pay a visit! :D

#14 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

Ain said:

Lol... his crew consisted of himself and some Malazan tart.

I hope the Moranth come back into it, it'll be interesting to see how they've recovered from BC.

lik someone above mantioned, Dunsparrow=WJ's sister. as part of that crew i als count Lloric who was last seen with them after his crazy dash through the Malazan pickets...

#15 User is offline   Tarr 

• FING (cross between FIst and kiNG)

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

If Hetan's sig is really a quote then we going to get a pov from Silnah you know rake's... girl... woman... female dragon?...

Which probbably means we going to see rake and some of his andii
Everyday I ask myself, where has the peanut butter gone?

#16 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

Seeing as a large part of the book is taking place in Black Coral, I think you might be right, there might be an andii or two and even, gosh... RAKE!

Sarcasm aside, the interesting part about Hetans sig is that it's a POV and we know that it's not just an epilogue POV. This means that during the book we're likely to get several POVs from a true Eleint. Besides a KCCM POV this is probably one of the juciest prospects of the book.

#17 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

kud13;288449 said:

lik someone above mantioned, Dunsparrow=WJ's sister. as part of that crew i als count Lloric who was last seen with them after his crazy dash through the Malazan pickets...

Nein. L'oric then traveled to Barathol's village and saved Cutter, remember? he declared that he had to go on a mystic journey with Greyfrog and they vanished into a warren. More likely they were headed to KL to fix some things up there or off to find some Eleint/Elder God(s). I wouldn't expect them in TtH, L'oric needs to find Rake for somthing...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#18 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

that was a given from the book cover that was cited here several times--Rake + Black Coral, and a ghost of an ancient crime...

#19 User is offline   Tarr 

• FING (cross between FIst and kiNG)

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

Yes I know it's taking place in black coral what I was pointing out was the andii part, as apart from Rake and his Soletaken followers we haven't seen any ordinary andii who follows rake (apart from the bluerose andii and they don't count).

The reason I brought it up is because we've seen what the nighthunters are but we've yet to see how good your bog standard andii is, unless of course they're all assasin mages.
Everyday I ask myself, where has the peanut butter gone?

#20 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:39 AM

Aptorian;288477 said:

Seeing as a large part of the book is taking place in Black Coral, I think you might be right, there might be an andii or two and even, gosh... RAKE!

Sarcasm aside, the interesting part about Hetans sig is that it's a POV and we know that it's not just an epilogue POV. This means that during the book we're likely to get several POVs from a true Eleint. Besides a KCCM POV this is probably one of the juciest prospects of the book.

Lol, a KCCM POV would be kewl.

"Me beastie, me kill things with big swords."

And funnier would be Korlat walking in on Rake and Envy doing the naked slip and slide.

Korlat: Oh my Mother Dark!

Rake: Umm.... this isn't what it looks like.

Envy: Kiss me, you black-skinned bastard.

Rake: Oh shush.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users