• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#61 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:26 AM

View PostHoney Cups, on 11 September 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

That's kinda what I was thinking then. I ll still get some kind of stick protection I suppose for the new controller.

3 years of D1 has left my original very very worn down especially on the right stick.

I don't use my PlayStation controllers half as much as I use my xbox ones (and I have a sweet xbox-style third party controller for my ps4 now anyway), but I've literally never had an issue with sticks wearing down. I've seen my friends ones get worn down but those were on his first xbox 360 controller shared with his brother and getting stupid heavy use. Are you particularly hard on your controllers? :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#62 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Worth getting Destiny 2 or waiting for it be cheaper. Im on the fence on Destiny 1 in general. On the one hand I put 100 hours into the game, so its obviously fun but I also always had the thought it should have been better.

#63 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

I bought it to play with my brother, it seems fun so far.

Is there a malazan clan or something?

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 11 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#64 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:48 AM

View PostHoney Cups, on 12 September 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

Motherfucker! Wtf?! It's like week 1 of Vanilla all over again except it's week 2 of D2!

GET IT TOGETHER ASSHOLES! How many servers do you have and how many people are playing to be at capacity? I don't get it.

Ed finally...

Lol. Don't forget they're running two sets of servers now because D1 is still up. Obviously they can't afford to just support D2 at the level necessary, that would cost too much! :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#65 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostHoney Cups, on 13 September 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

Ok the long down today was due to a far right symbol that was on a exotic Hunter arm. Time will tell if it was intentional on that persons part or if it wasn't.

Can that really be the reason though? Surely altering the skin of single item doesn't require a lot of time. Just a quick update should do the trick, no?

#66 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 September 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostHoney Cups, on 13 September 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

Ok the long down today was due to a far right symbol that was on a exotic Hunter arm. Time will tell if it was intentional on that persons part or if it wasn't.

Can that really be the reason though? Surely altering the skin of single item doesn't require a lot of time. Just a quick update should do the trick, no?

You'd be surprised.

The servers being full is unrelated, but even so the game being offline for a few hours wouldn't surprise me.

If they pulled it as soon as they were aware of the issue, they'd then need to task staff, find an alternative skin, map it, test it, sign off, create a patch bundle, test that, sign off, then deploy.
Depending on how far along that backup skin is or how much adjustment was required it could take anywhere from five minutes to an hour to prep it, then the rest of that process can be done quickly but if you want to do proper testing I'd say easily another two hours.
To just pull the item itself could be much more complicated and would require adjusting loot tables and references, and you need to insert a method to swap the current instances of that item with something else - and that would be a much larger testing operation because of how much the changes affect.

So yeah, I can imagine quite a bit of downtime. Especially if they didn't have too much ready to go, it'd be a rush to get things sorted and put through their pipeline - depending on how efficient that is and how much of it can be done simultaneously etc obviously affects the total time but in my experience even a tiny change is not a quick process.

Shinrei said:

#67 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

Whomever made that original skin, I wonder how much fun they'll be having at work today.

#68 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 September 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Whomever made that original skin, I wonder how much fun they'll be having at work today.

Oh yeah, lol. I can imagine it happening accidentally but I'm wondering if someone is a closet alt-right fuck and has put more stuff like this in there deliberately. At the moment it's a mistake and Bungie has handled it pretty well but if there's more in there then it might become a scandal. Here's hoping it was a one off accident though.

Shinrei said:

#69 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:12 AM

I found a sword yesterday. Now that is a fun weapon!

#70 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Is the KEK thing really equal to Nazis? I'm not very familiar with it but I thought it was a group of trolls who made a flag and went around flaming people on the internet?

#71 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostCause, on 14 September 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

Is the KEK thing really equal to Nazis? I'm not very familiar with it but I thought it was a group of trolls who made a flag and went around flaming people on the internet?

It's the whole alt-right gamergate thing I think.

Are you guys playing on the PS4? If so I'm crossmantis there and you should add me.

#72 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

I don't think it's equal, but it has still been adopted by the alt-right. In the same way Pepe went from a random meme to having strong ties to hate speech, kek went from a harmless analogue to 'lol' to being a symbol of the alt-right and a "haha you're in on the joke" kind of signaling to other racists.

Unfortunately that means that it's absolutely worst association needs to be assumed in this kind of context as that's the one with the most potential impact on people.

Shinrei said:

#73 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 September 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Are you guys playing on the PS4? If so I'm crossmantis there and you should add me.

BK definitely is. Though you should all be playing in the console with the better controller instead! :D

Shinrei said:

#74 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostSilencer, on 14 September 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 14 September 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

BK definitely is. Though you should all be playing in the console with the better controller instead! :D

You mean the console which is missing a bunch of stuff that the other version has? :p

(Confession: I will actually be playing Destiny 2 on the Xbox as well as that's what all my friends have, and I resent them for it).
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#75 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:34 AM

View PostHoney Cups, on 15 September 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Busted ass on Titan last night. Hopefully I can finish on her today. I'd like Jace to do all Hunter and see everything but idk yet if he is coming this weekend. Hopefully so or I ll get antsy in case IB gets here and you have to be lvl 20 to do it.

Frankly I doubt they will run IB until they've a bit of a chance to gauge the meta and whether it's actually going to be balanced enough to work. Unless they haven't learned anything from the couple that had to be cancelled (plus Trials).
I mean, the Raid has only just come out. XD

Shinrei said:

#76 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:28 AM

Welp, got into the raid today. The antechamber is pretty fun and hectic. The first 'boss' is an interesting ability test, and then the second is just kind of frustrating, and thats as far as we got in a couple hours with a couple randoms.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#77 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

how many strikes in D2? Is there a horde mode

#78 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:31 AM

I got my first, non-campaign related exotic yesterday. It was a rocket launcher that fires a volley of shots at once - The Wardcliff Coil. I've had a lot of fun with swords so far, but this thing seems pretty cool too.

#79 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Caved and got the game. Installing the initial update now, and then playing for the remainder of the day.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#80 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

View PostHoney Cups, on 19 September 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

I saw you made it to Titan QT. I could swear it's written by Tad Williams.

PvP may not be near as stressful to you this time around with this tone down in power. I still haven't stepped foot in it yet myself. There is a lot of story content to do vs D1 and I've been utterly engaged in it.

Yeah, played for about 2+ hours earlier. Loving the campaign story so far.

My buddy told me the same thing about the PVP, so that's good!

Once I'm more up to snuff level wise we can go a raiding together.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users