Malazan Empire: The Space Program - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Space Program Do we keep spending the money?

#81 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:36 PM

The tech that has brought us this this point, where having the rocket booster return and land back on the launchpad, is pretty cool to see. Although Bezos' return booster rocket looks like a mohel made a serious miscalculation at a bris.

#82 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 21 July 2021 - 07:48 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 July 2021 - 07:36 PM, said:

The tech that has brought us this this point, where having the rocket booster return and land back on the launchpad, is pretty cool to see. Although Bezos' return booster rocket looks like a mohel made a serious miscalculation at a bris.

From an engineering standpoint yeah, but from the knowledge that it's technology only for the benefit of the very wealthy seeking to escape the planet and leave all the poor here to see it become Earth but Cowboy Bebop style? Markedly less so.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#83 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:15 PM

I didn't Bing his background, but I'm interested in knowing how that 18 year old passenger was able to purchase his trip. I believe they said he was the first paying customer of this space tourism travel thing. Parents? Trust fund brat?

#84 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:16 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 July 2021 - 05:15 PM, said:

I didn't Bing his background, but I'm interested in knowing how that 18 year old passenger was able to purchase his trip. I believe they said he was the first paying customer of this space tourism travel thing. Parents? Trust fund brat?

His billionaire father bought the ticket and was going to go himself but supposedly had a scheduling conflict.

#85 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 22 July 2021 - 07:45 AM

You're better off looking at this as a test run for the very rich escaping earth when climate change starts to make habitation an issue. Anyone going on those flights will be connected to the pig-dog class by default.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#86 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 July 2021 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#87 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 September 2021 - 06:27 PM

Oh yeah, I guess that Elon Musk deal blasted off. Supposed to be the farthest humans have been from earth since the Apollo program of the 1960s/1970s. 100 miles (160 kilometers) farther away then the ISS.

#88 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:46 PM

William Shatner is going up into space on one of Bezos's penis rockets. I don't know much about his acting career, but didn't he earn the well deserved nickname "Captain Jerk" because of how difficult he was and because of some of his dickishness towards fellow actors over the years? I vaguely recall reading or watching a "Hollywood Minute" gossip piece where actors George Takei and Nichelle Nichols express disdain for him. At 90, he'll be the oldest to do it. There's a pretty good possibility that he may have problems during the trip, right?

#89 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 October 2021 - 07:25 PM

Tomorrow.

It's going to be unconformable and awkward seeing him in that tight fitting blast off attire. Is he allowed to wear his girdle into space?

#90 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 October 2021 - 06:19 PM

Delayed due to weather (high winds). It's supposed to be a go on Wednesday now.

#91 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 October 2021 - 09:45 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 11 October 2021 - 07:25 PM, said:

Tomorrow.

It's going to be unconformable and awkward seeing him in that tight fitting blast off attire. Is he allowed to wear his girdle into space?

His diaper better be tight....

#92 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:33 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 October 2021 - 09:46 PM, said:

William Shatner is going up into space on one of Bezos's penis rockets. I don't know much about his acting career, but didn't he earn the well deserved nickname "Captain Jerk" because of how difficult he was and because of some of his dickishness towards fellow actors over the years? I vaguely recall reading or watching a "Hollywood Minute" gossip piece where actors George Takei and Nichelle Nichols express disdain for him. At 90, he'll be the oldest to do it. There's a pretty good possibility that he may have problems during the trip, right?

Say what you will, but after doing that Denny Crane role on Boston Legal, Shatner will always have a place in my heart.

That bromance between him and James Spader was wonderful.

#93 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:55 PM

It happened but I haven't seen any highlights yet. How did it go? Did Capt. James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise find this rudimentary form of earth departure and low orbit quaintly amusing and leave him hopeful for a future that will see him battle cling-ons near your anus?

#94 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:28 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 13 October 2021 - 06:55 PM, said:

It happened but I haven't seen any highlights yet. How did it go? Did Capt. James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise find this rudimentary form of earth departure and low orbit quaintly amusing and leave him hopeful for a future that will see him battle cling-ons near your anus?

https://cosmicperspe...ew-effect-ns18/

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users