The game I'm playing is...

#21 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:32 AM

View PostBrynjar, on 31 May 2011 - 09:53 AM, said:

I've just played through Batman: Arkham Asylum, and I'm trying to tie up all side missions and all that so I can boast about a 100% completion rate. But I'm stuck. First of all, there are two joker quests that I'm struggling with. One I suppose would be easy to solve with just a bit of effort, namely hunting down three more of Joker's chattering teeth at some level. I just haven't been bothered yet. The second quest, on the other hand, I've struggled with for quite a bit. It's in the penitentary, where you're supposed to align E. Nigma's question mark. Now, I've found the question but not the mark, so to speak. I can't for the life of me find that fucking dot that goes underneath the curl.

Those quest aside, I still only got 87% completion. I don't know what more there would be to it. Surey those two small quest can't count for as much as 13%? What more do I have to do to get 100%?

inside the penitentiary? is that the room with the poisonous gas?
if so, you have to cross the room with the zipline to see it.
and they're Riddler quests, btw. did you find the last Arkham diary?

I never bothered with the challenges, so my game hovers round 70-something % completion.

Edit: Also, because of the stoopid QTES that I can't do on my slow PC, i've temporarily ragequit Witcher 2. I'll probbaly come back to it eventually, but right now I'm playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky, and i've got Call of Prypyat lined up after that.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 01 June 2011 - 01:35 AM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#22 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

I'm completely hooked on Civilization V right now. I've got a severe hex addiction.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#23 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy for the first time.

This is the best platform game I have ever experienced. Like, this shit is fucking amazing. Why the hell has this game not sparked a whole new generation of surreal platform games?!

And they claim SMG 2 is an improvement on all fronts. Oh my.

#24 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

Playing Hearts of Iron 3 Semper Fi...with diffrent difficulties, strategies and nations

It might be severly flawed but I like complex strategy games (and the witcher 2 just don't run on my machine some heat problems) where the fun might be in setting your own goals rather then fairly simple wins.

/Chance

This post has been edited by Chance: 02 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

#25 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

View PostChance, on 02 June 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

Playing Hearts of Iron 3 Semper Fi...with diffrent difficulties, strategies and nations

It might be severly flawed but I like complex strategy games (and the witcher 2 just don't run on my machine some heat problems) where the fun might be in setting your own goals rather then fairly simple wins.

/Chance

Funny, I re-started it as well. Got immediately confronted with the fact that AI Germany won't declare war in may 1939. It is now spring 1940, I'm playing as the US and I'm approaching that point where I've technologically by-passed everyone else, and not just that, but through producing a lot of reserve units, I now have a decent enough practical tech to also out-pace everyone else in production once the Gearing Up for War event comes around - the crux about playing the US should be that you're economically a giant but need that production to catch up size wise, and only out-produce other nations in the later stages -_-.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#26 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Still...the US has something of a easy mode if germany attacks Sovjet which doesn't seem guaranteed. The player simply knows whats coming and can prepare in a way the US didn't do until 1939-1940 at least if one is playing the 1936 scenario. Still it can get damn frustrating with the moronic English AI where you have to save great britain from what should be impossible invasions. The times when you have to invade europe alone however are a great fun and can be somewhat difficult nearly make me want to play a game as US being completly reclusive until attacked or england has fallen.

Currently running with Germany on Hard in late 1943 and take a great joy in sinking the british and amerikan fleets (i just refuse to invade Britain without defeating its main fleets first) while still in a armsrace with the USSR from Köningsberg to the Persia (about 100/80 in my favor currently while I'd prefere at least 3 to 2 and a decent manpower reserve). Worried about amerikan invasion of china which seems to keep japan occupied and probably will cause their downfall.

This post has been edited by Chance: 03 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

#27 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:31 PM

View PostChance, on 03 June 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

Still...the US has something of a easy mode if germany attacks Sovjet which doesn't seem guaranteed. The player simply knows whats coming and can prepare in a way the US didn't do until 1939-1940 at least if one is playing the 1936 scenario. Still it can get damn frustrating with the moronic English AI where you have to save great britain from what should be impossible invasions. The times when you have to invade europe alone however are a great fun and can be somewhat difficult nearly make me want to play a game as US being completly reclusive until attacked or england has fallen.

Currently running with Germany on Hard in late 1943 and take a great joy in sinking the british and amerikan fleets (i just refuse to invade Britain without defeating its main fleets first) while still in a armsrace with the USSR from Köningsberg to the Persia (about 100/80 in my favor currently while I'd prefere at least 3 to 2 and a decent manpower reserve). Worried about amerikan invasion of china which seems to keep japan occupied and probably will cause their downfall.

Well, at the least Japan won't lose to China thanks to the gazillion militia divisions of Communist China in 1938 anymore -_-
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#28 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Still playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, unmodded.

the principal problem wit this game is the lack of money. Quests are tied to the faction wars, meaning, I have to pick a side in order to get more jobs. Seeing as how I like to play the neutral lone wolf, this has made this playthrough difficult. the fact that most of the random missions I get are from the "loners" faction, and in order to get paid I have to visit their base, which is in hte second to strating area is a bit frustrating, too.

Weapon + armor upgrading features are a great implementation. I just wish they kept the upgrade trees unique to each factions technician. it feels odd that i've been running around th entire Zone, collecting upgrade info for the Bandit technician, and then I can get the same upgrades from Duty.

I like twhat they did with Artifact hunts, in theory. in practice, starting detector is crap. the only reason i like it is b/c I found the top notch detector on one of the starter maps.

I absolutely hate having to pay NPCs to discover stashes.that is the worst feature they implemented in the game. esp b/c the stashes don't cycle, and untill you pay for some crap, you won't be able to purchase the info on the useful ones (the ones containing flash drives)Add to this the limited income issue and... yeah.

overall, the game is more buggy than SoC. i;m still enjoying it, but I'm hoping Call of Prypyat is better.

#29 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

Call of Pripyat is by far the best game in the series to date, and is exactly what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. should have been from the start. Hold out.

Also, now onto Wizardry 7. Preparing for merciless beating.

#30 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

I have encountered the dreaded "Kordon flash drives prompts missing" bug.
the completionist in me is now forcing me to go back to the cordon to replay most of the game, after acquiring a fix.

#31 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

View PostMentalist, on 01 June 2011 - 01:32 AM, said:

View PostBrynjar, on 31 May 2011 - 09:53 AM, said:

I've just played through Batman: Arkham Asylum, and I'm trying to tie up all side missions and all that so I can boast about a 100% completion rate. But I'm stuck. First of all, there are two joker quests that I'm struggling with. One I suppose would be easy to solve with just a bit of effort, namely hunting down three more of Joker's chattering teeth at some level. I just haven't been bothered yet. The second quest, on the other hand, I've struggled with for quite a bit. It's in the penitentary, where you're supposed to align E. Nigma's question mark. Now, I've found the question but not the mark, so to speak. I can't for the life of me find that fucking dot that goes underneath the curl.

Those quest aside, I still only got 87% completion. I don't know what more there would be to it. Surey those two small quest can't count for as much as 13%? What more do I have to do to get 100%?

inside the penitentiary? is that the room with the poisonous gas?
if so, you have to cross the room with the zipline to see it.
and they're Riddler quests, btw. did you find the last Arkham diary?

Fuck, I've uninstalled it now. And yes, Riddler quest. And the author of the Arkham Diary was

Spoiler

I've been playing Heroes 5 these last couple of weeks. When you get used to its emphasis on initiative, and construct your tactics around that, it's a fucking ace game. I'm almost a bit sad that they're going back to the way Heroes 3 played in the forthcoming instalment.

I'm also in the process of downloading Shogun 2 now. Long live not having a master thesis to write on!
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#32 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

I'm not sorry that they're doing that.

Heroes 3 is still IMHO the best in the series.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#33 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

I must admit that HoMM V: Tribes of the East has gripped me hardcore this weekend. Today I went to sleep at 6 in the morning - I didn't even know when the time passed. Part Five is really a good successor to Part Three, and I can't wait for Part Six.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#34 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

View PostGothos, on 05 June 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

I must admit that HoMM V: Tribes of the East has gripped me hardcore this weekend. Today I went to sleep at 6 in the morning - I didn't even know when the time passed. Part Five is really a good successor to Part Three, and I can't wait for Part Six.

Bought the game last weekend, and lost the entire time in the first chapter of the campaign. Apart from some horrendous voice acting, the game is amazing. Never played three, but since it seems to be considered the better installment, I'm now thinking of picking it up from gog when I get back from vacation.

#35 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

Currently playing Bad Company 2 and The Witcher 2 following getting my new graphics card. Unfortunately, a few months of playing games from pre-2004(ish) has left me... very cutscene intolerant. Played TW2 up to the start of chapter 1 and got fed up, and BC2... well, it feels like I Want To Be Modern Warfare: The Extended Cutscene.

Easing in gently :) suppose that's what I get for trying the SP in a Battlefield game.

#36 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

View PostPOOPOO MCBUMFACE, on 08 June 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

Played TW2 up to the start of chapter 1 and got fed up, and BC2... well, it feels like I Want To Be Modern Warfare: The Extended Cutscene.

well, this is mostly true:
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

I've always disliked that picture.

The left is a doom map. Doom had no story, just levels. All it has to offer is convuluted map design. The one on the right is something like COD. It's purely story driven, it does not allow you to stop and smell the roses. All it has to offer is quick paced action sequences.

Why not bring up Bioshock instead. I bet the level design looks exactly like the doom map, only bigger. Or Painkiller. Or wolfenstein. Or Serious Sam.

The two maps represent two different approaches to an FPS game.

#38 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

apt.
logic
not welcome

also, i took that as criticism of doom, this will not be tolerated

#39 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

Criticism of Doom will NOT be tolerated.

#40 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

i really liked bad company 2 sp. theres a lot more freedom than mw.

just bought a new pc, waiting for it to turn up tomorrow and i have witcher 2 sitting there mocking me as i await to play it.

Share this topic:

• 237 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users