Malazan Empire: Okay, I know the Timeline is not Important, but... - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Okay, I know the Timeline is not Important, but... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   fluteboy 

• Piper of High House Uilleann
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Irish trad music, reading, writing, cooking, normal human stuff, Malazan Book of the Fallen;)

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

...what if SE's entire plan is simply to push it as far as possible to see if how long his readers can suspend disbelief? He and ICE just wanted to suck us in and lull us with incredibly dense plotting and awesomely complex characters in order to see how long we'd take to figure out things weren't quite right? Like, what if in the next book, a few months after TTH, Scillara opens her door and there's this 20 year old blue girl who says, "Hey mom! Remember me? You gave birth to me and abandoned me in the desert...only a few years ago!!! Ha ha ha ha!" And then she'll marry Harllo, who is now in his 30s and running the Phoenix Inn, dodging Cutter who has a white beard and is tooling around in his wooden wheelchair (come to think of it, this reminds me of "Cutter John" from the old "Bloom County" comic strip). Then, to top it all off, we discover that not only is Malaz world NOT the same size as earth, it is actually half the size of earth, and Assail is actually both east AND west of Lether (and also north) causing Werthead's wert-head to explode...
Okay, maybe I am up way too late...

#2 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:11 AM

Don't know how to reply to this. I doubt it would get that far just because the timeline isn't important

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

Nah.

I figure SE throws in one completely balls-off-the-wall un-justifiable timeline issue in every book as his "acknowledged error" and that gives him super-powers to make the entire rest of each book awesome.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

yeah samson had his hair to make him great, SE has unbelievable timeline discrepancies
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#5 User is offline   fluteboy 

• Piper of High House Uilleann
  • Interests:Irish trad music, reading, writing, cooking, normal human stuff, Malazan Book of the Fallen;)

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:05 AM

Well, I have decided I will believe anything SE writes and tells me, no matter how much it might diverge from the timeline. But Traveller is really Dassem Ultor? Nah. I just don't buy it.

#6 User is offline   beru 

• shy guy
  • Interests:gaming (strategy/tactic first persons)<br />reading<br />swiming

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

View Postfluteboy, on Jan 7 2009, 10:05 AM, said:

Well, I have decided I will believe anything SE writes and tells me, no matter how much it might diverge from the timeline. But Traveller is really Dassem Ultor? Nah. I just don't buy it.

have you read RotCG?? THH even tBH?? its CLARLY staded that without anny doubt trav is dassem
i want to see this world where T'lan imass kneels

#7 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:07 AM

View Postberu, on Jan 13 2009, 11:54 PM, said:

have you read RotCG?? THH even tBH?? its CLARLY staded that without anny doubt trav is dassem

Fluteboy was unequivocally being sarcastic. He knows that Traveller is Dassem Ultor, you don't have to worry about that.

#8 User is offline   beru 

• shy guy
  • Interests:gaming (strategy/tactic first persons)<br />reading<br />swiming

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

View PostDancer, on Jan 14 2009, 01:07 AM, said:

View Postberu, on Jan 13 2009, 11:54 PM, said:

Fluteboy was unequivocally being sarcastic. He knows that Traveller is Dassem Ultor, you don't have to worry about that.

me and my asberger i think... (have problems with sarcasm)
i want to see this world where T'lan imass kneels

#9 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:24 AM

I had a dream like this once...Brood was being refused his Social Security pension and Apt was playing some bagpipes.

I just hope SE and ICE don't muddle up he timeline again...it annoys me that the anomalies in it are just cases of "sorry, stuffed up".
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users