• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#25821 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:46 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 21 April 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

2 days. 2 different parents unloading their marriage problems on me.

The fuck am I supposed to do? Psychology in mass and poor effect?

No no, you are supposed to be some demented combination between a harassed boxing referee and a UN mediation commission trying to solve the Arab-Israel conflict.

And one word out of place and you are obviously "always taking their side!"

#25822 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:01 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 21 April 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

The Easter Bunny brought a family bag of mini eggs. He's bartered us up to 2 eggs per wee.

Could be worse. Could be stock options.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25823 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

We're in a tense standoff. Mini eggs and TV in exchange for craps. He's holding out. What started as 2 mini eggs for a poo has escalated into 5 mini eggs and 2 episodes of Blaze and the Monster Machines. He's still not going. We've even tried letting him sit there on his own with a phone in his hand!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#25824 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:14 PM

Try feeding him the whole bag of eggs. Then the poo will come all by itself.

#25825 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:20 PM

This kid eats as much as an adult and can hold a shit in for a week! It's his special skill. He's got something against taking a crap at nursery where he spends half his week. In the past I have had to con him into thinking prunes and stool softener are a special treat. I'm not putting more food into him than is strictly necessary.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#25826 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:48 PM

So, read news and saw footage of the people who were trampling on the 'super bloom' in California for their FB & IG bullshit a few weeks ago. Wanted to post about it then but forgot. Saw a pasture driving to work this morning covered in beautiful spring flowers flowers after some light rains over the weekend and it reminded me of the 'super bloom' story and it put me into a bad mood again. People can be shitty.

#25827 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

Why can't people just do their jobs?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#25828 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:48 AM

View PostBriar King, on 23 April 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

And my dumb ass didn't put on sun screen while in the boat so my knee caps(jeans are blown out on both) are bright red and on fire. Idiot!

Another concussion – ducking still lower, Pella looked back up at the opposite window—

To see, momentarily, a single flash—

—to feel the shock of surprise—

—as the arrow sped at him. A hard, splintering cracking sound. Pella's head was thrown back, helm crunching against the wall. Something, wavering, at the upper edge of his vision, but those edges were growing darker. He heard his crossbow clatter to the cobbles at his feet, then distant pain as his knees struck the stones, the jolt peeling skin away – he'd done that once, as a child, playing in the alley. Stumbling, knees skidding on gritty, filthy cobbles—

So filthy, the murk of hidden diseases, infections – his mother had been so angry, angry and frightened. They'd had to go to a healer, and that had cost money – money they had been saving for a move. To a better part of the slum. The dream ... put away, all because he'd skinned his knees.

Just like now. And darkness closing in.

Oh Momma, I skinned my knees. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I skinned my knees ...

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#25829 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:49 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 25 April 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

The answer lies in the word "people". Because a "person" can be OK, but "people" in general are shit.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25830 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:02 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 25 April 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 25 April 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

The answer lies in the word "people". Because a "person" can be OK, but "people" in general are shit.

In this instance it is a person singular, and by god it has cost me so many hours of needless work.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#25831 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:22 AM

I'll definitely be that.
I had a guy on site for 2 months, qualified and 30 years experience. 2 months later and I am still finding his fuck ups

#25832 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

Ahhhhh ... cleaning up after other people's fuckups. Welcome to around 50% of my day.

Truth to tell, if most people weren't so bad at - or at least so indifferent to - paperwork or policy I'd be out of a job.

My favourite part though is when someone makes a seemingly-innocuous error that is either missed or ignored by the 3 or so other people that review it before me, but by the time it gets to me it's a right royal pain to fix and of course Old Mate is away from work like half our unit is at any one time. My other favourite is when I fix common errors but strangely noone seems to learn from it, no matter how many times I tell them, their supervisors etc. Noone passes information on, which is quite ironic given the communication-based nature of our unit. ;)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25833 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 25 April 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

Ahhhhh ... cleaning up after other people's fuckups. Welcome to around 50% of my day.

Truth to tell, if most people weren't so bad at - or at least so indifferent to - paperwork or policy I'd be out of a job.

My favourite part though is when someone makes a seemingly-innocuous error that is either missed or ignored by the 3 or so other people that review it before me, but by the time it gets to me it's a right royal pain to fix and of course Old Mate is away from work like half our unit is at any one time. My other favourite is when I fix common errors but strangely noone seems to learn from it, no matter how many times I tell them, their supervisors etc. Noone passes information on, which is quite ironic given the communication-based nature of our unit. ;)

Jesus the world is depressing.
It's bad enough dealing with this at my work but with what, four of us in here in a row?
And given the industries represented between us it really makes me question how the wheels keep spinning. *sigh*

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#25834 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

Five of us. I'm at a weirdly senior-but-not-by-job-title crux in the team so I end up doing a lot of tidying up of mess as well. It never rains, as they say!

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 25 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#25835 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

no not a rain, it's usually a shower of arseholes

#25836 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:35 PM

Because survival is predicated on employment, people en masse are packed into jobs they dislike and/or have no facility for, or work much longer hours than they should before burning out, just to make do. It's almost all busywork.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#25837 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:49 AM

Claws eyes out. Cards picked Kyler Murray....

you never invested in the line this off season you asshates...

Ahhhhhh
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#25838 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:37 AM

What's the deal with Josh Rosen? Is he staying to compete against Murray or is he to be traded eventually?

Also, I don't like Murray. I shit bigger then him. Small stature for NFL qb is usually not something you want, although there are some outliers (Russell Wilson ex.)

#25839 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:57 AM

View PostSilencer, on 25 April 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 25 April 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

Ahhhhh ... cleaning up after other people's fuckups. Welcome to around 50% of my day. Truth to tell, if most people weren't so bad at - or at least so indifferent to - paperwork or policy I'd be out of a job.My favourite part though is when someone makes a seemingly-innocuous error that is either missed or ignored by the 3 or so other people that review it before me, but by the time it gets to me it's a right royal pain to fix and of course Old Mate is away from work like half our unit is at any one time. My other favourite is when I fix common errors but strangely noone seems to learn from it, no matter how many times I tell them, their supervisors etc. Noone passes information on, which is quite ironic given the communication-based nature of our unit. ;)
Jesus the world is depressing. It's bad enough dealing with this at my work but with what, four of us in here in a row? And given the industries represented between us it really makes me question how the wheels keep spinning. *sigh*

They keep spinning but going nowhere because they're hamster wheels. It's primarily because those who make the decisions never have to endure the consequences. Would I be right in assuming that's not limited to only my work environment?

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 25 April 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Five of us. I'm at a weirdly senior-but-not-by-job-title crux in the team so I end up doing a lot of tidying up of mess as well. It never rains, as they say!

View PostMacros, on 25 April 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

No not a rain, it's usually a massive shower of shit out of many arseholes. And me without an umbrella, japara or gumboots. Sometimes it's like being an extra in a German schiesse "documentary".

Fixed. Sadly.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 26 April 2019 - 10:00 AM

#25840 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:51 AM

View PostMacros, on 25 April 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

no not a rain, it's usually a shower of arseholes

I mean you work in sewage systems management right
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First