• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dust of Dreams - a message from Steve Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

Hetan, give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery. As a coimpensation, he can come and dig for vikings in my moms yard. She lives in Rold Skov, the second largest forest in Denmark and I know that there are some viking tombs in there! (I explored the forest as a kid)! (It will be our little dirty secret, kept from the government)

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#42 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:21 PM

Ouch, that's not fun. Best wishes and all that! I wonder if a poisonous insect bite will prove a crucial factor in a major character's downfall in TCG?

#43 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:51 AM

Joyfull Unions Children will arrive and kill all the Malazans. It will be terrible.

#44 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:09 AM

View PostAptorian, on Aug 13 2009, 07:51 AM, said:

Joyfull Union Chicken

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#45 User is offline   impish 

• Recruit

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

Any news on the mentioned promotion work in the UK??? I've searched the evnts pages of the major retailers and usual signing venues, but no news on any visits from Mr Erikson, much to my disappointment!

#46 User is offline   The Swordbearer 

• Corporal

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:10 AM

Many thanks Mr Erikson for a series of books that I can loose myself in, as much in subsequent re-reads as in the first.
My belated condolences on you not being able to make the dig. in Mongolia, would have been a blast.
Keep up the superlative storytelling.

I am Canadian! :p

#47 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:08 PM

@ Impish: Apparently he'll be at the Fantasy convention in Nottingham in September, there's a thread on it on this site somewhere...I'll see if I can find it, then, more usefully, remember once I've found it to post the link here.

EDIT: http://www.malazanempire.com/IPBforum/inde...c=16102&hl=

See above. :p

This post has been edited by Thelomen Toblerone: 24 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

#48 User is offline   eekwibble 

• Only...
  • Interests:West Haaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

With a lack of Cal, Toby still rocks ^^

=D
QUOTE (amphibian @ Nov 11 2008) <Rake himself was a huge weight inside Draconus and he didn't go in with an army.>

#49 User is offline   PDSB 

• Recruit

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:54 AM

Really looking forward to the new book, am reading TtH at the moment having only got onto the series in the last couple of months.

The only thing I want to say (and don't know if this is the place to say it) is please don't use the words "detritus" and "appalling" so often in the new book. That would be sweet.

#50 User is offline   Cadastra 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Bike racing, bushwalking, reading SE

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:34 AM

Hello Steve,
as others have said - can't imagine a more appropriate break for you - enjoy and forget about all of us - we're still re-reading everything anyway - I'm on my second copy of GotM & my third copy of MoI as they have literally fallen to pieces due to avid re-reads - thank you so much for introducing us all to this immense, wonderful & tragic world.
Love the way you keep us guessing - please keep us guessing!
Thanks mate !
Fraser

#51 User is offline   Cadastra 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Bike racing, bushwalking, reading SE

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

Apologies - should have read the forum first - hope you are recovering...

View PostCadastra, on 11 November 2010 - 03:34 AM, said:

Hello Steve,
as others have said - can't imagine a more appropriate break for you - enjoy and forget about all of us - we're still re-reading everything anyway - I'm on my second copy of GotM & my third copy of MoI as they have literally fallen to pieces due to avid re-reads - thank you so much for introducing us all to this immense, wonderful & tragic world.
Love the way you keep us guessing - please keep us guessing!
Thanks mate !
Fraser

#52 User is offline   DarkFox 

• Mage of High House Chaos
  • Interests:Soccer, Badminton, Science, Electronics, and Wilderness survival, as well as fantasy books
  • I'm interested in about anything. and the only people i don't like are inconsiderate or selfish assholes. :)

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:01 AM

your writing is among the best I've ever seen, and i have tried a number of different authors. i find it amazing, that when i get home i unwind with a good few chapters of one of your books and yet your taking a vacation by running off to some work, lol. i agree though, maybe not the digging part, but one of the best vacations i can imagine is an adventure. the steps in mongolia as good a place as any and enjoy your vacation take all the time you need because you can rest assured that all your fans will eagerly await your return, we're not going anywhere! public/style_emoticons/Malazan/biggrin.gif
faith is a belief beyond belief, a reason beyond reasoning, the strongest strength, the purest love. it is the single driving force beyond contestation, it starts before understanding and finally, ends on the tomorrow ever coming.

#53 User is offline   DarkFox 

• Mage of High House Chaos
  • Interests:Soccer, Badminton, Science, Electronics, and Wilderness survival, as well as fantasy books
  • I'm interested in about anything. and the only people i don't like are inconsiderate or selfish assholes. :)

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:14 AM

View PostDarkfox, on 07 February 2011 - 01:01 AM, said:

your writing is among the best I've ever seen, and i have tried a number of different authors. i find it amazing, that when i get home i unwind with a good few chapters of one of your books and yet your taking a vacation by running off to some work, lol. i agree though, maybe not the digging part, but one of the best vacations i can imagine is an adventure. the steps in mongolia as good a place as any and enjoy your vacation take all the time you need because you can rest assured that all your fans will eagerly await your return, we're not going anywhere! public/style_emoticons/Malazan/biggrin.gif

oops, i only read the first page of the forum, i didn't mean any discourtasy, and hope my sentiments are still well recieved
faith is a belief beyond belief, a reason beyond reasoning, the strongest strength, the purest love. it is the single driving force beyond contestation, it starts before understanding and finally, ends on the tomorrow ever coming.

#54 User is offline   Greenbird 

• Recruit

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

Hey Steve,

One thing I would like to add as I have been away from the forums for a while and only just saw your message from Dec 2009. I felt for you considering how you felt about TtH. But as you yourself said, we all really loved a LOT of your books. Very early on, maybe even in the end of GoTM, I came to realize that I really cared for and loved your world and your characters! Its an unbelievable world you have created for us, I don't think in any series I have read (read many), I have come across that many characters I have seen grow and I have even come to love characters I initially hated.

I understand and I think it is inspiring to hear you write what you did from that cafe in Vancouver. I know I am a bit late but I would like to say Good luck Steve for the last one and we all know you will deliver a fitting end to what I think just may be the greatest series in any genre I have read in my humblest of opinions.

Thanks,
GB

p.s. Hope you had a great vacation [It sounds like such a relaxing escape]. As someone has already mentioned, I probably will do a re-read as it is one of my favorite series and I love how I learn new things, things I missed in my previous read. I love the political intrigue, the magic, the gods, the awesome adult characters, and sometimes the children surprise me too with their realistic potrayal, the vivid details, the everything. Here is one reader amongst millions that will wait patiently for the last piece of this masterful epic.

This post has been edited by Greenbird: 25 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

#55 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:31 AM

I have to say it is pretty cool of am author to communicate directly with his fans like that. I guess it isn't so unusual these days, but is still appreciated.
Error: Signature not valid

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users