• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#61 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

Thing is guys, if you watch the video, they all were taking the piss out of one another. It could be argued that Chris Kattan took the brunt of it. The angry comment says "you can see the look on her face as she realizes her own body has been weaponized against her". Which is not the case at all imo. Watch the video, she continues concentrating on her hand and shows no visible signs of distress because lactation has been triggered in her body.

Anyway. Al Franken. Anybody say Al Franken (senator from Minnesota and former SNL writer/perferomer)? Accusations against him have come out.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 16 November 2017 - 04:22 PM

#62 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

Thing is, posts in this thread argue that what Jason Alexander did was ok, and no, its not.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#63 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostAbyss, on 16 November 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

By this logic, if she was epileptic and he got his smartwatch to strobe in order to trigger a seizure, that would be ok, because Poker.
If she was severely allergic to peanuts and he smeared peanut butter all over himself to trigger an anaphalactic reaction from the smell, that would be ok, because Poker. (as an aside, this was a plot point in a book by a certain author i no longer enjoy.)

Fuck all that. Not my Poker. I play cutthroat, nasty games, with at times (subjectively) high stakes. We talk shit about the way the other players play. We don't try to incapacitate them.

I agree that there is a line. Trying to cause physical harm is definately a step two far. But that wasn't what happened he made a small noise that caused her to lose concentration. QT is reading his own experiences breast feeding into it. Causing minimal emotional distress in order to gain an advantage is completely legit. So where would you draw the line. No humming because someone has tinnitus due to firing guns during a war and humming dredges up uncontrollable flashbacks. Making sounds is not incapacitating them.

Your trying to strawman me. That shit isn't going to work. Jason made baby sounds that isn't out of the line for poker. He didn't pull out a gun and tell her to fold. He didn't smear baby lotion on his naked chest then rub his nipples with paste while sucking on a pacifier. He made baby sounds with his mouth. He didn't sexually harass her and tell her that her breast feeding boobs looked like milk pillows that he wanted to rest his head on, and could she bounce them up and down a bit. He made baby sounds. He didn't rub peanut butter on his lips and then sneeze and spray peanuts all over her causing a allergic reaction. He made baby sounds. He didn't pull out a strob light and cause all of the other players to go blind there by winning by default. He made baby sounds.

The question was is making baby sounds at a poker table when it may affect someone that you are playing against a legit psychological strategy. Yes it is.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#64 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:45 PM

View PostAbyss, on 16 November 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Thing is, posts in this thread argue that what Jason Alexander did was ok, and no, its not.

Yes it was in the context that it was done in.

#65 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

We can agree to disagree.

Also, you're wrong. :thumbsup:
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#66 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostAbyss, on 16 November 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

We can agree to disagree.

Also, you're wrong. :thumbsup:

I disagree and your wrong. :(

#67 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 November 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Thing is guys, if you watch the video, they all were taking the piss out of one another. It could be argued that Chris Kattan took the brunt of it. The angry comment says "you can see the look on her face as she realizes her own body has been weaponized against her". Which is not the case at all imo. Watch the video, she continues concentrating on her hand and shows no visible signs of distress because lactation has been triggered in her body.

Anyway. Al Franken. Anybody say Al Franken (senator from Minnesota and former SNL writer/perferomer)? Accusations against him have come out.

Yeah I saw that. Sucks I am sure that Mitch and the republicans will try to make as much of it as they can.

#68 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

I watched the video too, there was no sexual gratification from what the guy did. I just see that as banter, throwing someone off their game. Playing football and you say something to the opposition to throw them off their game, its a thing. Anyone watch the film baseketball? They highlight psyching out in that film funnily.

Isn't it the same as making water running noises when someone needs a piss?

Eating sounds when someone is hungry?

It's fun and games.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#69 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

Just a small comment -

I would be more comfortable with some more perspectives from women regarding this. This entire affair is centred around a biological reflex that men cannot experience. Thus I consider the discussion incomplete.

#70 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

View PostAndorion, on 16 November 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Just a small comment -

I would be more comfortable with some more perspectives from women regarding this. This entire affair is centred around a biological reflex that men cannot experience. Thus I consider the discussion incomplete.

^^This.

I can only speak to my experience through my wife (and my reading)...but it would be nice to hear a women's perspective.

I think it's clear I think it's beyond reprehensible...
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#71 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:27 PM

Fuck, now it's Al Franken... Well, I guess his chances of becoming President are greater now?

http://www.wcpo.com/...of-sexual-abuse

He already issued an apology. Pretty well worded you have to admit. Keven Spacey's people could learn something from it:

https://www.politico...ng-woman-244978

“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

“I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

“But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

“For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

“Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

“While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences.

“I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

“And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.”

#72 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

Because it was never linked here and also, to me anyway, it seems you guys haven't watched it and are just going by that posted comment, here's the link to the video: https://www.pokertub...05-ep02--part-2

Watch the video. Yeah, I know it's agonizing to watch 30 min of poker and you would probably rather watch paint dry, but watch it please and then make up your mind as to whether what actually happens rises to the level of hyperbole captured in that comment and by others that have posted here.

#73 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 16 November 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Fuck, now it's Al Franken... Well, I guess his chances of becoming President are greater now?

http://www.wcpo.com/...of-sexual-abuse

That's the interesting thing. Since this "MeToo" movement has gained momentum and names are coming out every day, Trump has remained relatively unscathed. Which is fucked up. Hell, there has been talk about revisiting accusations against Bill Clinton that surfaced in the 90s. But nothing about Trump? Like walking in to the dressing room at Ms. Teen USA pageant. Unbelievable how the guy skates by.

#74 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 November 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Because it was never linked here and also, to me anyway, it seems you guys haven't watched it and are just going by that posted comment, here's the link to the video: https://www.pokertub...05-ep02--part-2

Watch the video. Yeah, I know it's agonizing to watch 30 min of poker and you would probably rather watch paint dry, but watch it please and then make up your mind as to whether what actually happens rises to the level of hyperbole captured in that comment and by others that have posted here.

It would be a GREAT idea to not imply that those on thread DIDN'T watch the video in question before commenting.

That's some amateur hour, troll bullshit.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#75 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 November 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

It would be a GREAT idea to not imply that those on thread DIDN'T watch the video in question before commenting.

You're mad at me. You weigh in on my comments in other threads and they are usually all negative. I must have pushed your buttons somewhere/somehow, not sure. But I assure you I'm not trying to troll. I just want to give everyone access to the full information and so I provided the link. If you want to air out what transgression I did to you, have at it. I'm curious to know myself. If you are uncomfortable airing it out where everyone can see, you can pm me. Because, yeah, I'm curious to know what I did to get you following my around the forum itching to pounce on my posts.

#76 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

I watched the video.

1. Yeah, celebrity poker is about as bad as I remember it.

2. Despite that I still find TV Poker strangely entertaining. I remember countless hungover weekend mornings watching World Series Poker or what ever it was called. It was really good.

3. I agree with Kazoiee. Alexander is being a dick in the video but in no way does McCormack come off as being distressed or visibly uncomfortable. She jokes about what Alexander is doing. That exchange after she loses is in no way upset or sour. She also has no problems sitting down on the actors couch afterwards.

I think the text clip blows the whole thing way out of proportions.

#77 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 November 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

You're mad at me. You weigh in on my comments in other threads and they are usually all negative. I must have pushed your buttons somewhere/somehow, not sure. But I assure you I'm not trying to troll. I just want to give everyone access to the full information and so I provided the link. If you want to air out what transgression I did to you, have at it. I'm curious to know myself. If you are uncomfortable airing it out where everyone can see, you can pm me. Because, yeah, I'm curious to know what I did to get you following my around the forum itching to pounce on my posts.

Off topic, but okay.

I respond to posts on a case by case basis. If you pull rank stuff, I might take your to task for it on a given topic. I sometimes have strongly stated/worded opinions.

Seems to me our conversation in the Shannara thread proves I'm not following you around to attack your posts, as it was fine.

In this thread, you've chosen to exhibit a few instances of severe misunderstanding of human biology, and even when presented with the error you doubled down. That's fine, but then you get to own that as do I my own responses.

And yeah, things like implying that those who've been discussing a certain video haven't actually watched that video...is assuming they are stupid/uninformed, and you're smart/informed...so it's rank and something you should not do.

I have nothing against you personally.

#78 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

FYI I found the video on line and watched the whole thing earlier. Celebrity poker is uhhh the world series is much better to watch.

#79 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 16 November 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

3. I agree with Kazoiee. Alexander is being a dick in the video but in no way does McCormack come off as being distressed or visibly uncomfortable. She jokes about what Alexander is doing. That exchange after she loses is in no way upset or sour. She also has no problems sitting down on the actors couch afterwards.

Right but that assumes that it hasn't silently upset her. Just because those emotions aren't fully on her face, doesn't mean he's free and clear of basically pulling some rank ass bullshit, or that she wasn't affected by it.

It's like when people see someone using a handicap sticker on their car who doesn't "look" handicapped and get mad calming they aren't handicap. You don't know their life. You don't know what internal stuff is going on.

#80 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 November 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 November 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Off topic, but okay.

I respond to posts on a case by case basis. If you pull rank stuff, I might take your to task for it on a given topic. I sometimes have strongly stated/worded opinions.

Intersting. I've had strongly stated/worded opinions myself. I had a moderator threaten me for banishment for belittling someone else. I guess there isn't consistency in how posts are moderated.

Seems to me our conversation in the Shannara thread proves I'm not following you around to attack your posts, as it was fine.

Yeah, one time you didn't attack my posts. It was a refreshing change for once and I enjoyed it. Can we make it a habit going foward?

In this thread, you've chosen to exhibit a few instances of severe misunderstanding of human biology, and even when presented with the error you doubled down. That's fine, but then you get to own that as do I my own responses.

There's that hyperbole again - "severe misunderstanding"? Come on, really? Present the example of "severe misunderstanding" of women's biology. Also, how did I double down? Go back through my posts and point out the examples

And yeah, things like implying that those who've been discussing a certain video haven't actually watched that video...is assuming they are stupid/uninformed, and you're smart/informed...so it's rank and something you should not do.

Well, that wasn't my intention. Apt watched the the video after I posted the link and had clearer picture of the over all nuances to the debate.

I have nothing against you personally.
Cool. I hope things can be civil and we can move away from elementary school mentality of: "No you are!" childishness.

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users